coventry blaze (1 Viewer)

looking likely matty soderstrom will be taking over at blaze

http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/news/thompson-set-to-join-dowd-in-sweden-6551.html

thommo does deserve a crack a a bigger team though. 17 years and one of the most successful teams in elite league. true blaze legend

Tad

Thommo will always be part of the Blaze in one way or another. I have to admit though, I think this could be for the best. His tactics seem a bit dated (dump and chase) and I don't think it helps the players.

I'm not so sure on having Matty though. I'd rather have a player coach.

Tad

hope big benn guthrie stay and he doesnt take them. but i can see your point tad

I don't think he'll take anyone. Thommo owns part of the Blaze. Even if he did leave (which I think he will), he'll always try and do the best for Blaze. He might send some players our way if anything :D

That Swedish league has some great players!

Houdi

Just been confirmed Thommo off to Sweden.4 EIHL titles plus the Grand Slam he will be a hard act to follow.:claping hands:

yep and sounds as though matty wont be coach next season at least. which im glad about cuz think its too early for him. sounds like thommo is still very much involved and may throw some players our way, lol

i dont know anybody over here that could do the job. unless we can prise mr christianson away from belfast. payettes name ive heard on twitter but just dont fancy a player coach

Tad

i dont know anybody over here that could do the job. unless we can prise mr christianson away from belfast. payettes name ive heard on twitter but just dont fancy a player coach

Wouldn't want Doug. He's had practically unlimited funds with Belfast and he's still struggled. I'd rather get someone from outside the UK..

Tad

All fingers are pointing at Matty Soderstrom to take over.

Very weak if true. Thommo clearly isn't letting go of the club. Matt will just be his puppet on a string.

Tad

way too early for my liking, would like somebody more experienced.... maybe try and get rick strachan

I'd like to see a player coach still. It really felt like this could be a fresh start, but if Matty gets it, it's a lazy appointment to me.

coundonskyblue

Hopefully he can bring some new ideas to the team.

Heard Thommo on the radio the other night, said he wouldn't rule out managing the Blaze again at some point.

Tad

Did anyone go to the game last night? (V Belfast?) Andy Carroll was there lol. Domish has left the Blaze. And rumour has it Shea Guthrie might be going to Sheffield Steelers next season.

i was there, didnt know andy carol was. heard last night that domish left this week after fights between players after the steelers match last week, and domish will be playing for steelers in the play offs.

never heard the guthrie story but as good a player as he is, sometimes he looks to be playing for himself rather than the team.

which players would you let go next season?

Tad

It's a tough one. I think we may lose more then fans think next season. Think both Leebs and Cameron will go due to the refs. Think Hirschy and Guthrie may decide to move on too.

Just heard we're losing 2-0 to Hull. Matty is in charge on his own. Both goals were scored while we were on a powerplay too..

Last edited:

Tad

Meh. We lost 4-1. Awful.

Doesn't fill you with any confidence for the future. What are they doing to this club...*sigh*

Domish didnt leave due to fighting, he wont be playing for Sheffield in the play offs. Guthrie will probably leave but I doubt he will go to Sheffield either. Guthrie had a fight after 6 mins 42 secs in the woeful display against Hull

Cant comment on Domish for libel reasons. Neither Hand or Campbell threw a single punch so it wasnt a battering but Hand did get the take down. Shame Olson was back in Cov, if he had played then Hand would have got a battering

Houdi

i was there, didnt know andy carol was. heard last night that domish left this week after fights between players after the steelers match last week, and domish will be playing for steelers in the play offs.

never heard the guthrie story but as good a player as he is, sometimes he looks to be playing for himself rather than the team.

which players would you let go next season?
Andy Caroll was sat in box at back of block 3,he is a friend of Campbell apparently.Rumour is that Domish won't be back again,would expect a club statement on this.Have heard Matty will have a player coach with him next year,that Egener will return,Guthrie sounds doubtful.A new net minder to me is a must,Hirsch lets too many soft ones in,and you can never see him stealing us a win,in the way Koening or Lehmann could.

Andy Caroll was sat in box at back of block 3,he is a friend of Campbell apparently.Rumour is that Domish won't be back again,would expect a club statement on this.Have heard Matty will have a player coach with him next year,that Egener will return,Guthrie sounds doubtful.A new net minder to me is a must,Hirsch lets too many soft ones in,and you can never see him stealing us a win,in the way Koening or Lehmann could.

not surprised by that, andy carol seems to like fighting off the pitch while soupy loves fighting on the ice (apart from last night, lol)

hope egener comes back and not really all that bothered by guthrie and agree with you bout hirschy. the panthers fans have really got to him this season.

just seen on twitter that chalmers broke his leg at hull last night and big benn is back next. weekend. im not really expecting us to progress but could see a shock with edinburgh going through.

just hope panthers dont win it all, bad winners just like devils fans..... hate em, lol

Houdi

Just been confirmed what most people already knew,Domish has failed a drug's test,and has had his contract terminated.Whatever the drugs were,they clearly weren't performance enhancing.;)With Chalmers out with a broken leg it leaves the D ,looking pretty threadbare for the play-offs.Expect the season to be over come Sunday night.A season which started with such promise has sadly tailed away,the Blaze seem to resemble the Sky Blues more and more each year.

Last edited:

Tad

Just been confirmed what most people already knew,Domish has failed a drug's test,and has had his contract terminated.Whatever the drugs were,they clearly weren't performance enhancing.;)With Chalmers out with a broken leg it leaves the D ,looking pretty threadbare for the play-offs.Expect the season to be over come Sunday night.A season which started with such promise has sadly tailed away,the Blaze seem to resemble the Sky Blues more and more each year.

Please. Don't even joke about that..:(

What is it with Coventry being crap at sport!

As for Domish..

I really hope he sorts himself out.

Tad

Egener and Henrich confirmed for next year,a decent start.:claping hands:

Whoo hoo!

Great signings.

Henrich said on C&W radio he's hoping to get his brother over here too :)

Who else would you guys like to see re-signed?

Whoo hoo!

Great signings.

Henrich said on C&W radio he's hoping to get his brother over here too :)

Who else would you guys like to see re-signed?

big benn obviously, lol
dustin cameron
russ cowley
ross venus and the other brits
mike schutte
derek campbell

Houdi

I'm hearing that Schutte has also signed again,can't say that he would have been on my 'keep' list.Had a great start,but to me and others after his injury he has not replicated that form.While he is the top point scoring D man in the league,a lot of those points are 2nd assists,which are 'points' that are often handed out like confetti.His legs have gone and his career is on a downward spiral,a bit like Mcsheffrey.;)

Tad

I don't think Schutte has actually healed fully that's the problem. He was meant to have an op, but he's held it off due to the amount of time he'd need off.

I don't think we should keep Brad Leeb or Dustin Cameron. Dustin keeps losing his cool (understandable with our refs mind), but they both just haven't but enough points on the board for me. We needed them to score more goals then they have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread