Match Thread Coventry City - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Tuesday 8th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Blackburn Rovers match, tactics and predictions :)

covcity4life

Grimsby is the priority. I would ring thr changes

Rcc/burge
Camwell
Pearson
Willis if fit. Hyam otherwise
Dke
Stevenson
Kelly
Ducken
Beavon
Reid/finn/k thomas/deke
Biamou

Ponticelli on bench

shmmeee

Really don't care. This season is all about the league. Rest anyone even slightly injured. So probably no Stokes, Jones or McNulty. If we are only allowed 5 changes Id go with:

O'Brien
Grimmer Hyam McDonald DKE
Doyle Kelly
DKE Ponticelli Duck
Biamou

no_loyalty

Grimsby is the priority. I would ring thr changes

Rcc/burge
Camwell
Pearson
Willis if fit. Hyam otherwise
Dke
Stevenson
Kelly
Ducken
Beavon
Reid/finn/k thomas/deke
Biamou

Ponticelli on bench

Wolves may not have given us permission to play The Duck in this cup competition?

covcity4life

Wolves may not have given us permission to play The Duck in this cup competition?
Possibly. Of not kwame thomas finn reid devon kelly evsns etc

Plenty of options

I hope reod pulls his finger out and realised what fun he could have in league 2 this year

MatthewWallis

1-1 and lose on Pens.Don't really want to progress in this so we can focus on the league, but I don't want to be hammered and lose confidence

oucho

I will be there...for the fun of it, it would be good to see if MR can shoehorn all 11 new signings into a starting XI

no_loyalty

Concentrate on the League. The only priority for this season is to get automatic promotion.
Forget the cups and play the reserves and kids. Rest the majority of the first team.

Well I'm selfish, I want us to gain automatic promotion and retain the Chekatrade Trophy, would love another day out at Wembley

covcity4life

We have a big squad. Just use it. Even if we lose 3-1 it will be good experience for some of the players like camwell deke finn ponticelli etc

Astute

I don't care which of our players are in the team. But I would like to see Duck start if he is match fit. I would like to see more of him.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not attending as I will be away on holiday but it would be nice to keep winning as long as possible

Great_Expectations

It would be nice to get a victory and progress, but the league has to be the priority; we have to be promoted this year.

Plus, even if we rest 5/6/7 players, it won't significantly weaken the team.

shmmeee

Our second string isn't bad, especially if everyone was fit.

RCC (Burge)
DKE Pearson Hyam Camwell (Haynes)
Stevenson Shipley
DKE K Thomas/Ponticelli Duck
Biamou

Would probably give last year's first team a run for its money.

Astute

Would love to be there but can't get out of a night shift.

We need to rest players when we can. Getting promotion is top priority. And those that hadn't watched football at this level should have seen the difference on Saturday. Players are less skillful. But a lit of them are big units who kick lumps out. Of their opponents. And the refs let much more go. It is going to be a long hard season. Players like Doyle and Beavon can handle it. But for some others it was an eye opener.

There is at least 50 games to go. As long as we put in a decent performance it doesn't matter too much on the result. Losing players through injury does matter.

standupforcity

We all want that my friend but the priority is the League.
As a number have commented, you cannot have both with a limited squad. Rest the key players and keep them fresh for 46 "cup finals" in the league games.
We've got 2+ whole teams we could put out!

torchomatic

I'm away this week but hoping we win. I'd play a mixture of kids and first teamers. I've stuck a fiver on us to win.

Users who are viewing this thread