Match Thread Coventry City - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Tuesday 8th Aug (1 Viewer)

steve82

Cramwell did ok I thought, I think if Doyle and Kelly were I front of the defence the silly errors may not of happened.

Midfield was a issue so I'll not judge Biamou too much on last night against 2 reasonable central defenders, but the duck needs to learn to release the ball sooner. Looks a useful sub at the minute

oucho

I think he will get a fair bit of game time this season and can see him covering for Stokes no problem.
Haynes will be first choice cover for Stokes??

stevefloyd

The duck scared them as soon as he recieved the ball there were 2 or 3 players on him so he needs to have more support to have options of releasing the ball but hopefully when he faces lesser opposition than last night he will rip them up

Nick

Administrator
The duck scared them as soon as he recieved the ball there were 2 or 3 players on him so he needs to have more support to have options of releasing the ball but hopefully when he faces lesser opposition than last night he will rip them up

That's the thing, he got the ball and it was like our players just stood and watched.

Otis

Cramwell did ok I thought, I think if Doyle and Kelly were I front of the defence the silly errors may not of happened.

Midfield was a issue so I'll not judge Biamou too much on last night against 2 reasonable central defenders, but the duck needs to learn to release the ball sooner. Looks a useful sub at the minute

I would be inclined to pick him on Saturday. Drop Biamou. Try Nazon and Beavon up front together.

oucho

I would be inclined to pick him on Saturday. Drop Biamou. Try Nazon and Beavon up front together.
Your love affair with Beavon continues! McDonald is in the queue ahead of him, surely?

Otis

Your love affair with Beavon continues! McDonald is in the queue ahead of him, surely?
McDonald??

Not a love affair. I just like that he works his socks off. Either Beavon/Nazon or Nazon/McNulty would be fine in my books. Just not Biamou.

oucho

McDonald??

Not a love affair. I just like that he works his socks off. Either Beavon/Nazon or Nazon/McNulty would be fine in my books. Just not Biamou.
Oops sorry I did mean McNulty.....he's a far more likely scorer than Beavon who, despite his workrate, has got to be down the pecking order at the minute. Not sure I'd have him ahead of Kwame if the latter is fully fit.

steve82

McNulty should hopefully be fit, if so go with the same as Saturday again.

Biamou still a bit raw, one to develop over the season.
Will play his part

Otis

McNulty should hopefully be fit, if so go with the same as Saturday again.

Biamou still a bit raw, one to develop over the season.
Will play his part

Yeah, I didn't mention McNulty because he was missing last night and not even on the bench, but would be happy with a McNulty/Nazon combination. Only said Beavon/Nazon because those two were both involved last night.

Otis

Oops sorry I did mean McNulty.....he's a far more likely scorer than Beavon who, despite his workrate, has got to be down the pecking order at the minute. Not sure I'd have him ahead of Kwame if the latter is fully fit.

Ahh, well I don't rate Kwame Thomas at all unfortunately. Not sure to my mind he will get that much game time at all to be honest.

stevefloyd

I cant see why they have brought in Biamou we already have a lightweight in there already in Kwame from the moment I 1st seen him play for about 30 seconds fell over then fell over again then went off injured

Nick

Administrator
I cant see why they have brought in Biamou we already have a lightweight in there already in Kwame from the moment I 1st seen him play for about 30 seconds fell over then fell over again then went off injured

He's pretty much a clone.

Nick

Administrator
calm down lads. 1 cup game loss. lets not make biamou the target already

and maybe not so much on here but he he was jeered off when subbed

I didn't jeer or boo him ;) , I pointed out in the pre season games he looked too soft also. He did the same in one of the games (MK Dons I think) where he got tackled and then just went down far too easily and then hobbled off so not just the one game.

Hopefully it's something he will improve on.

covcity4life

i expected more,coming from non league i wanted a brute who had no respect for anyone

he was a passenger for most of game and dived alot.

but hope he can come good with more experience and processional training.

oucho

Ahh, well I don't rate Kwame Thomas at all unfortunately. Not sure to my mind he will get that much game time at all to be honest.
Well I hope you're wrong, granted he hasn't shown much thus far but he has had a few flashes which have suggested he could be a quality player. Got to keep fit first, then force his way into contention. If he is fit and firing, the limited evidence thus far suggests he ought to be ahead of Beavon in the pecking order IMO.

Otis

Well I hope you're wrong, granted he hasn't shown much thus far but he has had a few flashes which have suggested he could be a quality player. Got to keep fit first, then force his way into contention. If he is fit and firing, the limited evidence thus far suggests he ought to be ahead of Beavon in the pecking order IMO.

I hope I'm wrong too. Just so far all I have seen him is him having a poor first touch and little control.

Would love to be proved wrong. Definitely don't think he will be ahead of Beavon. I think Beavon is key to Robins' plans. Don't think at all that he will be first choice every game, but I think he will be very much involved in the campaign, whereas I think Thomas will be a bench player for the most part.

Him and Biamou do seem very similar thus far.

Nick

Administrator
This is the leadup to their 1st goal.

biamou.jpg

Should have chucked him a pillow on.

Hopefully it is something Robins will have a word with him about and we can get to see what he can really do aside from be a wuss!

Otis

This is the leadup to their 1st goal.

View attachment 7856

Should have chucked him a pillow on.

Hopefully it is something Robins will have a word with him about and we can get to see what he can really do aside from be a wuss!

Not sure that is the one, but one the challenges he got himself 'injured' by NOT attempting a challenge.

covcity4life

beavon is a key player otis and i really like him

however i dont think he has played well in first 2 games of season

Otis

beavon is a key player otis and i really like him

however i dont think he has played well in first 2 games of season
Totally agree. I have been very disappointed with him in the 2 matches.

If he keeps playing like that he won't keep his place long at all.

Nick

Administrator
Beanon hasn't really been effective like he was when he first joined. McNulty seems to be a younger, faster version of him.

clint van damme

Totally agree. I have been very disappointed with him in the 2 matches.

If he keeps playing like that he won't keep his place long at all.

Agree, he doesn't look anywhere rear ready for the first tem to me, ( though to be fair he provided a nice assist Saturday).but booing him isn't going to do anything for his confidence.
It's quite clear that he isn't going to be first choice in league games anyway.

I'm fairly sure that a few of our boo boys had Jodi Jones in their sights until Saturday which goes to prove most of them know fuck all.

Nick

Administrator
Agree, he doesn't look anywhere rear ready for the first tem to me, ( though to be fair he provided a nice assist Saturday).but booing him isn't going to do anything for his confidence.

I'm fairly sure that a few of our boo boys had Jodi Jones in their sights until Saturday which goes to prove most of them know fuck all.

Agree about the booing and the guy people have heard abusing him. Don't see the point in that, while the game is on get behind all of the players on the pitch.

It's OK discussing pro's and con's after but don't see why people feel the need to shout abuse, even more so if the player ever looked in their direction they would be outraged and crying like a girl.

Reactions: vow

covcity4life

we are talking about beavon,but agree with points on maxime

also agree if jones had not scored that 1st goal some fans would have started booing him for taking too long to release shot etc

im sure every club has them but so annoying.

Otis

Agree about the booing and the guy people have heard abusing him. Don't see the point in that, while the game is on get behind all of the players on the pitch.

It's OK discussing pro's and con's after but don't see why people feel the need to shout abuse, even more so if the player ever looked in their direction they would be outraged and crying like a girl.
I have never ever booed any City player. Always find it counter productive and probably makes the player more nervous going into the next game he is picked for.

Never going to stop though is it. Just don't get how you can boo a player one minute and then the very next second he scores a goal, cheer him to the rafters.

Users who are viewing this thread