Match Thread Coventry City - Exeter City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Sep (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
"The duck is on fire, their defence is terrified" (although the RSPB may have something to say about that chant!!) so I'm going for a 2-1 win.

Kelly to get the other

Vincenti to get one assist and Jodi the other

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don't think Exeter will park the bus , so it should be an entertaining game , end to end as they say .
3-2 to the Sky Blues .

Hobo

I think it will be a tight game. 1-1 wouldn't surprise me

RoboCCFC90

"The duck is on fire, their defence is terrified" (although the RSPB may have something to say about that chant!!) so I'm going for a 2-1 win.

Kelly to get the other

Vincenti to get one assist and Jodi the other

Feed the Duck and he will score*

*Would he prefer crosses into the box or a loaf bread before the game?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think we are underestimating Exeter a little bit. There are not top of the league for no reason.

We have struggled to score more than one goal in a game so this will be really hard. I hope we win, but I am predicting a more realistic 3-1 loss!

no_loyalty

I would like to see Beavon replaced by Ponticelli in the starting lineup, or at least give him a 20 minute run out

runner

This will be a great game for a barometer of where we truly are ... I fear we will be put to the sword by Exeter, 3 v 1 loss ... but hopefully I'm wrong and if I am and we get a strong 2 v 2 or better still an unlikely win ... perhaps we will be able to contend for the top 3 places ultimately in this league.

Gazolba

If we play a lack lustre first half like we have been doing, then we'll be 2-0 down by half-time.
If we start in the first half like we have been doing in the second half, we stand a good chance of a win.

Sky Blue Harry H

This feels a bit like when Gillingham came to us and we spanked them. I think they will attack us and have a funny feeling we will put them to the sword. 4-1 to us with a Jacob Murphy hat trick - and we'll all boo him when he's subbed!

Sky Blue Harry H

This definitely won't be an easy win. We need to make sure we don't fall into an 'its only Exeter' mindset and put in a tight professional performance.

To be fair, it is only Exeter. I think the televised away game at Barnet will be much more difficult !!

vow

I'm personally not underestimating Exeter, however, I feel we've gotta click at some point and feel it's this week!

steve82

Difficult one to call this, Exeter are a strong side and are on a fantastic run over the last 10/11 months and despite losing a few players over the summer they've continued there good form.

I'd take a draw in this one I think given Exeter's start, but we got to win our home games or be picking up points as a minimum if we want a play off spot if we're gonna stutter away from home.

Atmosphere could turn toxic amongst the drama queens tho if we go a goal or two down and passes go misplaced.

mechaishida

If Exeter get over confident, it could sway our way, providing we are more clinical in front of goal - methinks MR has probably been focusing on his strikers this past week, so maybe we could shade this encounter.

Exeter were very, very inconsistent and prone to Jekyll and Hyde performances last season, so if we frustrate them, they might make a few mistakes.

Again, we have to capitalise on the chances we get.

2-1 or maybe 1-0 to City. PUSB.

JCECFC

Obviously a tough game against the league leaders who have 3 wins and a draw from their away league games so far.
I think the occasion will inspire us, hope we can have a strong first half for once and be a goal or two up at the break.
2-1 win.
PS. Longest away journey for Exeter so far, maybe the horses will need rest and refreshment at Strensham?

Nearer to Cov than Barnet I think. We've been behind twice away this season but still won. Happy with a draw but we never settle for one!

JCECFC

If Exeter get over confident, it could sway our way, providing we are more clinical in front of goal - methinks MR has probably been focusing on his strikers this past week, so maybe we could shade this encounter.

Exeter were very, very inconsistent and prone to Jekyll and Hyde performances last season, so if we frustrate them, they might make a few mistakes.

Again, we have to capitalise on the chances we get.

2-1 or maybe 1-0 to City. PUSB.

I don't think we were inconsistent last year. Terrible until December because the squad was too thin but once we were full strength we were pretty good. Lost a lot of goals with losing Wheeler and Watkins but the squad seems stronger this season. Will take a point to remain unbeaten. Just hope the crowd is big enough to at least create some atmosphere. Last time we were at the Ricoh was terrible. I'd rather be going to Highfield Rd but I guess most of you lot would say the same

higgs

Massive 6 pointer can't afford to go 12 pts behind

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Exeter will be more like Carlisle and will try and play football and go for the win. We need to be braver for this game and stop trying to win games just in the 2nd half - start the defence 15 yards higher up the pitch so the centre midfield pair play where it enables the rest of the attack to function and we'll have a good chance of winning. If we do that I think we'll win 3-1.

David O'Day

Should do them as 1 to 11 he have better players but we are Coventry City so who knows

Disappointed if we lose though

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't think we were inconsistent last year. Terrible until December because the squad was too thin but once we were full strength we were pretty good. Lost a lot of goals with losing Wheeler and Watkins but the squad seems stronger this season. Will take a point to remain unbeaten. Just hope the crowd is big enough to at least create some atmosphere. Last time we were at the Ricoh was terrible. I'd rather be going to Highfield Rd but I guess most of you lot would say the same

I didn't think Exeter had ever played at the Ricoh, or were you watching a different team play us?

David O'Day

There were about 7 of you that game and it seemed like utter silence so lets not go there

Moff

Going for a win and Beavon to score. Will be a tough game though, they are on a great run.

aloisiwouldhavescored

When is McNulty back?
Apparently McNulty was training at Ryton today so maybe he will be back on Saturday. Even if he doesn't start the game it will be good to have the option of another striker on the bench.
Stevenson was also out there today so hopefully he is not far off a return.

Users who are viewing this thread