Coventry City fan investigated by employer after sick jibe at Bradford City fans (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

What an idiot. I agree don't like anyone getting sacked but he needs taking to task and also needs to apologise to all relatives and friends of those who died as well as to Bradford city the club

PUSB

hutch1972

Absolute twat , but I to wouldn't agree with sacking him.
He himself should make a full apology to Bradford city.
Anyone who reads the banter pages will find plenty of offensive remarks regarding anything and everything.
The fact he's made a stupid and tasteless comment should not mean he potentially loses a career.

CovisGod

a day picking up litter naked around Bradford should teach the cretin a lesson.

Come on mate I'm all for teaching someone a lesson but a day in Bradford ? He's not killed anyone...

Obviously joking, vile tweet, there's banter and just being a complete and utter c**t, this is the latter.

hill83

If you are stupid enough to put down where you work on twitter or any form of social media and then say potentially libel things or generally act the c**t then you have to expect some type of investigation by your employers.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Don't think the telegraph has done him any favours broadcasting it.

Social media is a curse these days, people find every little thing to be offended about... don't get me wrong abhorrent tweet, but to get him sacked is a bit harsh. Knowing social media I'm sure he's has multiple threats and messages.

Hope he keeps his job and learnt his lesson

rupert_bear

He will get the sack, that's what happens nowadays and Bradford fans will make sure he does by threatening to close their NatWest accounts etc. Should he ? Well he shouldn't have been so dense as to do that twitter message but the sack! Will seem harsh to be honest.

hill83

Don't think the telegraph has done him any favours broadcasting it.

Social media is a curse these days, people find every little thing to be offended about... don't get me wrong abhorrent tweet, but to get him sacked is a bit harsh. Knowing social media I'm sure he's has multiple threats and messages.

Hope he keeps his job and learnt his lesson

People will be divs no matter what. People think they are invincible on the internet. Would people spout half the bollocks they do in the street? It's not the fault of social media. Divs will be divs.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

People have always been divs, it's just a wider platform for people to be divs...

Think back to the 80s hooliganism etc... I get that it's an offensive comment, but one stupid comment doesn't need to lead to potential lifetime unemployment.

hill83

People have always been divs, it's just a wider platform for people to be divs...

Think back to the 80s hooliganism etc... I get that it's an offensive comment, but one stupid comment doesn't need to lead to potential lifetime unemployment.

No I agree, getting sacked would be way overboard. And a false apology would be worthless too. It's probably gone far enough already.

hill83

If anything it could be a good thing if there was more of a comeuppance for the things people said on the internet. Maybe there would be less of the hate flowing round at the moment.

Bad grammar punishable by a forced little toe stubbing would be a good start.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'd imagine he'll get a slap on the wrist. If he acted quick enough in deleting the tweet and closed his social media accounts for a few days, he might contain it.

He'll be too small time to cause damage to Natwest's rep, if I were him I'd remove his employer, delete linked in and twitter and hope it blows over. football fans have short memories, after the next match Bradford will have someone or something else to be occupied with.

Moff

I know it's the same with other clubs to a certain extent but with this and the racism, we're not doing ourselves any favours with the wider football population.

Absolute imbeciles.

Spot on Weeman.

How can someone say something so absolutely stupid, and be so completely insensitive. What a complete idiot.
If any Bradford fans ever peruse this site I hope they realise we aren't all complete aresholes like that idiot.

Grendel

I remember someone at the time of the fire telling me he went to see a certain comedian and he said a gag in Bradford concerning this incident. I thought it was made up and although the comedian denies it an article I've just read claimed he said exactly what this bloke told me.

It's far worse that's for sure. I'm not excusing this imbecile but Twitter and social media seems to make some people behave like idiots.

shy_tall_knight

May 1985 - the 3 Bs Bradford the worst but Birmingham v Leeds on the same day a young fan died when a wall collapsed but the scenes inside the stadium were beyond belief, followed a week later by Brussels / Heysel - football has come a long way since then in this country.

SkyblueBazza

Spot on Weeman.

How can someone say something so absolutely stupid, and be so completely insensitive. What a complete idiot.
If any Bradford fans ever peruse this site I hope they realise we aren't all complete aresholes like that idiot.
It's a tricky one really. I agree the behaviour appears insensitive and idiotic. But to actually call him as you have 'a complete idiot' he might be sensitive to - & say your behaviour is insensitive...& as he might have thought he was just having a bit of harmless banter, but you never asked him, your behaviour was stupid too.
Where does it all end? Anyone's guess!

We have had England managers sacked for insensitive comments about disabled people previously, yet politicians that happily declare insenitively that the unemployed are scroungers. We have had eminent religious people slate homosexuals, these sorts seem to gain more fame & just happily continue with their work.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Astute

I have a mate who was there that day. He paid for two mates to go in. He was the only one of the three to get out alive. He has to live with the guilt every day although he did nothing wrong. He has ended up losing his business and family because he can't cope even after all these years. He saw sights most can't even imagine.

He isn't the only one having a bad time either. Bradford is full of people who have been badly affected by it. Not sure what should happen to him. But there is one thing for sure. There are a lot of idiots who think that laws, morality and sensibility do not exist at football.

ajsccfc

Something like that yeah, the stands had gaps which meant litter would build up underneath so it was almost an accident waiting to happen.

torchomatic

No sympathy for him. Similar to the Steve Brown thing. These people are adults and should think before sending tweets or sticking stuff on facebook. If he gets sacked then it's his own fault.

Right thread this time.

OffenhamSkyBlue

You have to watch what your online presence says about you in this day and age. My organization came close to sacking a new employee recently because comments and affiliations they had made on social media that were flagged during a security screen identified them as a potential security risk.

torchomatic

It is. Some of the survivor accounts are pretty shocking too.

That being said, everyone should watch it / read up on them if they can. It'll make you appreciate life a lot more...

Same with Hillsborough.

NorthernWisdom

Same with Hillsborough.
Aye. Bradford always stuck with me more, mind. Maybe because it doesn't get the profile, maybe because it was the first season I started taking notice of football... maybe because it was a 'proper' shock, whereas by Hillsborough we'd had this, Heysel... so tragedies (of different causes) were in a mini run.

Do think it gets lost though, just how quickly joy turned to fear and horror and how, however sterile the Ricoh may be t me, we should maybe be grateful we aren't penned in in tinderboxes anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread