Match Thread Coventry City - Forest Green Rovers Match Thread - Tuesday 17th Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Forest Green Rovers match, tactics and predictions :)

steve82

Many will want to see a 4/5 nil win in this one, reality is different tho. Can see it being 0-0 at half time and plenty to groaning about it with lots of sideways passing and 11 forest green players stifling any attack with a typical away performance.

2-0 win at best for me and MR has to make changes to his starting 11 from yesterday.

Ashdown

We should kick that round thing to each other, progressing to the other end of that big green patch of grass where we fill find a metal rectangle with a large fishing net fitted. We should avoid the other teams men in tight shorts and put our bag of wind in that said fishing net...............several times. Simples !

SkyBlueSoul

I’d love to see us in their faces early on but can see this taking on the familiar pattern of possession based first half with FGR all behind the ball. Hard fought 1 or 2-0 for me, can’t see us putting anyone to the sword but a win is a win!

DannyThomas_1981

McNulty in for DKE
Kelly in for Stevenson
Beavon the link between the midfield and forwards. So Beavon in for Biamou.

All of these changes a little harsh on the players dropping to the bench who have performed ok.

The more technical players we have on the pitch the better.

Gint11

Tight game. We will dominate possession but with FGR getting 11 behind the ball it all depends on what we do in the final 3rd. I'd drop DKE, Stevenson and Biamou.
Expect to win though, 1-0, 2-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Should be a 2-0 win but we all know what usually happens when CCFC play a bottom club who supposedly have no chance.
Hoping Ponticelli starts or at least gets 45 minutes.

johnwillomagic

Think we will win 2-0 hope Kelly is fit I am assuming he will be in which cas ewould go with this side.

Burge
Stokes
Grimmer
MacDonald
Willis
Doyle
Kelly
Jones
McNulty
Duck
Beavon

Subs: O'Brien, Davies, DKE, Stevenson, Vincenti, Biamou, Ponticelli

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Can't go. Therefore hopefully a terrible game with an scrappy own goal in the 3rd minute and then 87 mins of total non football and boredom for a 1-0 win.
I'm going and it's going be a fantastic , entertaining game . It's the old 5 !!!

For the young ones , the old 5 is when the city used to score 5 goals regularly in a game !!!

Last edited:

Covstu

It's a game we need to score goals and put in a solid performance. I would love to se us smash them but most thought about that with the Newport game and looked what happened. 3 points is a must but a convincing win would be desirable

Johnnythespider

I'm going and it's going be a fantastic , entertaining game . It's the old 5 !!!

For the young ones , the old 5 is when the city used to score 5 goals regularly in a game !!!

The old five was 5ive, the new five is three. Slam Dunk (Da Funk).

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I always thought the Old Five was the cast of New Tricks.
Sorry Otis you've lost me there , or are you just trying to make out your a COOL YOUNG GEEZER . :cool:

Last edited:

Gazolba

The only '5' you are likely to see is the 5 minutes Ponticelli will play.

Ricketts

5-0. Two in the first half and three near the end when The Forest Green Rovers players run out of protein.

Users who are viewing this thread