Match Thread Coventry City - Forest Green Rovers Match Thread - Tuesday 17th Oct (1 Viewer)

Otis

I just got back from Birmingham. How did we do?

curly_tom

No it is not acceptable.
I used at the football 2 weeks ago and it upset a female supporter again I appologised.
I try hard not to use it for that reason.
Fair enough, if she was offended that is her right. I would be careful who I use it front of too. I guess with all language we moderate depending on audience. I saw your apology and hit 'like' on it, I then commented that you'd apologised. No harm done.

Paxman II

Say all you want but we have scored 14 goals while Luton have scored 34. That's the issue. We thought Nazon was going to be the lucky find but doesn't look like it at the moment and I simply don't rate McNulty. If we are to go up we must resolve this issue urgently. I'm sure MR's is fully aware. There is a long way to go but we need to address our finishing and start posting goals. So bloody frustrating.

Gazolba

Here's what I can't get.

Year after year, we'll go and beat the apparently better teams of whatever league we play in. Then we go and blow it against the absolute no mark teams. The ones we SHOULD be able to beat. It's literally been that way as long as I can remember being a fan. And no matter what changes we make as a club, it still happens. Year. After year. After year.
It's the Coventry curse, someone at the club probably mistreated a gypsy years ago.

Hobo

We haven't actually played well all season really.

The standard in this league if appalling, well below League 1, that shows how bad this Coventry team is.

Shows how wrong the fans expectation was. They thought it was a great team earlier in the season and we were going to walk this league.

It is still not a disaster....things can be salvaged...but it will be a long tough season.

It is a roll your sleeves up division.

oucho

It's the Coventry curse, someone at the club probably mistreated a gypsy years ago.

It dis cross my mind that the Ricoh could be built on an ancient Indian burial ground

On another note, is it right that FGR were bottom before kickoff and we are their first ever away league win?

Cov kid 55

The thing is, we have been exceedingly poor in the last 3 games, are we now in one of those downward spirals that it’s hard to get out of? Does MR know how to change things - there hasn’t been any evidence of it in the last 3 games. I think up front we need players with football brains, McNulty and Beavon. The confidence of some of our players must be shot, and they need taking out of the firing line. It can’t be easy playing for City, the pressure is mounting with every poor performance. It might help if we were to score first, and early in the game, for a change.

Esoterica

We haven't actually played well all season really.

The standard in this league if appalling, well below League 1, that shows how bad this Coventry team is.
So why do we need two defensive centre midfielders? Kelly is the best central midfielder in this league and he's being asked to play at 50% of his capabilities. He's fit, 27 could get box to box but is asked to sit deep and fill in for Grimmer when he gets forward. Grimmer can't pass for shit, he's fucking useless on the ball and yet we have our best player scratching his arse at right back watching him give the ball away. This squad is easily capable of play offs, autos even if managed excellently but Robins is banging his head against a wall every week and because he's so short, unfortunately for him, it's just made a large glory hole with him on the wrong side.

SkyBlueRuffian

It dis cross my mind that the Ricoh could be built on an ancient Indian burial ground

On another note, is it right that FGR were bottom before kickoff and we are their first ever away league win?
What was Highfield Rd built on, because the same shit happened there?

pusbccfc

So why do we need two defensive centre midfielders? Kelly is the best central midfielder in this league and he's being asked to play at 50% of his capabilities. He's fit, 27 could get box to box but is asked to sit deep and fill in for Grimmer when he gets forward. Grimmer can't pass for shit, he's fucking useless on the ball and yet we have our best player scratching his arse at right back watching him give the ball away. This squad is easily capable of play offs, autos even if managed excellently but Robins is banging his head against a wall every week and because he's so short, unfortunately for him, it's just made a large glory hole with him on the wrong side.

Totally agree. Too negative.

Skybluefaz

Mcnulty can rot in the u23's all season for me after that performance. I can take lack of ability, Biamou is held back by that. Mcnulty on the other hand is pure lack of bottle and he spent most of his time hiding tonight. Fucking awful.

Cov kid 55

What was Highfield Rd built on, because the same shit happened there?
I don’t think so, the ill judged move away from HR was the start of our real problems, from which we still suffer. I can’t believe that our players enjoy playing in a sterile, often spiteful environment, in a stadium that’s 20% full (or 80% empty??).

Nick

Administrator
What's he asking him? Why not the obvious.

WHY ARE YOU PLAYING 2 HOLDING MIDFIELDERS WITH EVERY PIECE OF PLAY HAVING TO SEEMINGLY GO THROUGH DOYLE AT 1-0 DOWN AT HOME YOU DAFT TWAT.

WHY DO WE SUDDENLY START TO PLAY MORE DIRECT AFTER TAKING BIAMOU OFF, WHEN IT COMES STRAIGHT BACK TO US?

Nick

Administrator
Mcnulty can rot in the u23's all season for me after that performance. I can take lack of ability, Biamou is held back by that. Mcnulty on the other hand is pure lack of bottle and he spent most of his time hiding tonight. Fucking awful.

To be fair, he was better than Nazon.

SKYBLUES90

Robins said before the game they would come here and park the bus. Why play too defensive midfielders in that case, kelly offered absolutely nothing.

Tactics are all wrong, soon as anyone in the centre gets the ball it’s a sideways ball out to the wing, nothing direct or too the strikers.

9 times out of 10 when nazon or Jones got the ball they would cut in take a shot which would get blocked, why are we relying on these two every opportunity.

I don’t think McNulty and Biamou are entirely to blame when they are not getting the service try a through ball every now and the something for them to run on to

ajsccfc

Nazon was one of the few bright sparks for me. Nothing was working for anybody, but at least he showed a little adventure in the failure.

D

Deleted member 4439

To be clear, we didn't deserve anything from that match, and both the occasion and the performance mark a new low for the club. But my sympathy vote for FGR as an interesting, novel success story has evaporated after that appalling display of ungentlemanly conduct. Playing out the game is one thing, the shenanigans tonight quite another. Ref failed to get a grip.

Nick

Administrator
Nazon was one of the few bright sparks for me. Nothing was working for anybody, but at least he showed a little adventure in the failure.

He was greedy and well off the pace, he had an awful touch and just wanted to shoot everytime when he had players stood directly in front of him.

Terry Gibson's perm

Kelly looks unfit to me and Biamou is no more a pro footballer than sky blue Sam

ajsccfc

He was greedy and well off the pace, he had an awful touch and just wanted to shoot everytime when he had players stood directly in front of him.
The fact that everything you've said is true and yet I still came away with a better impression of him than most kind of sums up that game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread