Match Thread Coventry City - Shrewsbury Town Match Thread - Tuesday 29th Aug (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Worrying that we possibly picked up 3 injuries there.
Stevenson and Dion both defo injured in that.
Doyle seemed to be holding his hip when he went off so hopefully he isn't injured too badly.
Otherwise that's 3 squad members out. Plus McDonald and Haynes already out

matesx

Worrying that we possibly picked up 3 injuries there.
Stevenson and Dion both defo injured in that.
Doyle seemed to be holding his hip when he went off so hopefully he isn't injured too badly.
Otherwise that's 3 squad members out. Plus McDonald and Haynes already out
Only really miss Rod out of that lot

Liquid Gold

Ricky the dickhead.......I squirm when that retard comes on........Has he actually been to a football match never mind Cov.......!!
I never listen to it anymore. You get into the car, turn it on and listen to some nutter go and and think 'what game has this guy seen' only for it to turn out they've not been to the game.

Esoterica

Disagree be down to Shipley or maycock, if Doyle and Stevenson are out.
Blessing in disguise for me. Going to sound controversial but I believe we will be a better team without Doyle in it. He's played individually well and his leadership and bite have been clear but everything is channelled through him. It makes us very very predictable and I think others will step up in his absence. Would be perfectly happy with Kelly and Andreu starting in a midfield 4 on Saturday.

theferret

Was thoroughly depressed at half-time, we looked lost, but we did well to turn it around. Lost to a free-kick at the end, but hey-ho, I went tonight not being that arsed about the competition this season so not going to cry about it.

Saturday becomes very important even at this early stage. We have to put a stop the rot before it really sets in. Come away with a positive result Saturday and we can all breathe.

skybluegod

Blessing in disguise for me. Going to sound controversial but I believe we will be a better team without Doyle in it. He's played individually well and his leadership and bite have been clear but everything is channelled through him. It makes us very very predictable and I think others will step up in his absence. Would be perfectly happy with Kelly and Andreu starting in a midfield 4 on Saturday.
Well as I say, Kelly also injured.

johnwillomagic

Well we have a massive squad for league two so we should be able to cope with this level of injuries far better than other teams in this division.
Whatsmore think some of those listed above will be back fit for Saturday at Chesterfield.

As for formation have been campaigning for a goddam 4-4-2 for ages now - would like to play a diamond with doyle/kelly holding and Andreau the focal point as ACM.

skybluetony176

Glad we turned it around second half. Bodes well going into the next game knowing that we can turn games around after the last two results. Couldn't do anything about the third goal. It was a very well taken free kick from a dangerous position.

skybluegod

Well we have a massive squad for league two so we should be able to cope with this level of injuries far better than other teams in this division.
Whatsmore think some of those listed above will be back fit for Saturday at Chesterfield.

As for formation have been campaigning for a goddam 4-4-2 for ages now - would like to play a diamond with doyle/kelly holding and Andreau the focal point as ACM.
Yeah would expect a couple back, but I liked maycock so wouldn't mind him alongside Andreu, think they worked very well together

letsallsingtogether

That's the problem isn't it. Most of our supposed fanbase would be happy to see us lose the majority of games and get relegated.

Sisu can take the vast majority of the blame for this rot but those who just walk away from their club should take their credit for giving up when the team needed them the most.
What utter bollocks.
The team gave up well before a majority of the supporters, that is why we are where we are, where were they when we have needed them most?
If they give their all and had some loyalty maybe it would rub off on the ones who actually pay there wages.
BTW I haven't given up yet.......

letsallsingtogether

Was thoroughly depressed at half-time, we looked lost, but we did well to turn it around. Lost to a free-kick at the end, but hey-ho, I went tonight not being that arsed about the competition this season so not going to cry about it.

Saturday becomes very important even at this early stage. We have to put a stop the rot before it really sets in. Come away with a positive result Saturday and we can all breathe.
And I need to see a win:)

Warwickhunt

I don't think it was a foul by Beavon either for their last minute free kick

Liquid Gold

What utter bollocks.
The team gave up well before a majority of the supporters, that is why we are where we are, where were they when we have needed them most?
If they give their all and had some loyalty maybe it would rub off on the ones who actually pay there wages.
We're the supporters, we support them not the other way around.

We cn sell out that stadium for big games, if even a 3rd of those people bough a season ticket we'd piss this league and the one above.

skybluegod

What utter bollocks.

Really pisses me off, when supporters come out with the 'we pay there wages' no you don't. They get paid whether fans turn up or not.
You get it everywhere like in restaurants when people complain and say, I pay your wages, no you don't again they get paid either way.

Users who are viewing this thread