Match Thread Coventry City - Shrewsbury Town Match Thread - Tuesday 29th Aug (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yeah that's what I was thinking, but the problem is, is if we were to go 4-4-2 we don't have any natural wide players other than Jodi?
Yeah would be interesting to see what they say because I can't see him fitting in here.
He's just too slow for me.

It's OK, Robins said post match he may have won a bit on the lottery since Saturday. Wonder if we will get a #CarlBakerDay after all ;)

steve82

It's OK, Robins said post match he may have won a bit on the lottery since Saturday. Wonder if we will get a #CarlBakerDay after all ;)

Better be the euro millions! Don't think 2 numbers and a bonus balls gonna cut it

Reactions: vow

AlansEyes

Plenty of positives here, the two goals, showing spirit to come back from 2-0 against a team from L1. Still, didn't stop the obligatory social media meltdown, did it?! My favourite comment was someone saying it was shameful to lose to Shrewsbury.

Hopefully that's a lesson learned for Robins. By the sounds of it if we can play how we did in the second half for a full 90 then we should be just fine this season. That is a big if though...

fernandopartridge

Plenty of positives here, the two goals, showing spirit to come back from 2-0 against a team from L1. Still, didn't stop the obligatory social media meltdown, did it?! My favourite comment was someone saying it was shameful to lose to Shrewsbury.

Hopefully that's a lesson learned for Robins. By the sounds of it if we can play how we did in the second half for a full 90 then we should be just fine this season. That is a big if though...
Think we've lost a few times to Shrewsbury in the league. These tedious fuckers are just wallowing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

speedie87

Burge 7-
Grimmer 6
Pearson 6 looked better than hyam
Hyam 5 at fault for first goal
Dion 5 obviously not a LB when got ball had to stop and cut back
Doyle 5 passing up to his usual standard
Stevenson 5
Jones 7
Vince.. 4 I'm going to start calling him Rodney
Andreu 8 was much more effective when dropped into midfield when Doyle went off. Great goal too
McNulty 7

Beavon 7
Shipley 7
Maycock 6

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Think we've lost a few times to Shrewsbury in the league. These tedious fuckers are just wallowing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Before last night we've played them 8 times since 2012 (1963 being the last time before that) & we've only won 1 of those 8. 3 defeats & 4 draws, scoring only 6 goals (3 in our only win). So losing last night was hardly a shock v Shrewsbury.

Lord_Nampil

Jordon Shipley was excellent at left back I though
Burge 7-
Grimmer 6
Pearson 6
Hyam 5
Dion 5
Doyle 5
Stevenson 5
Jones 7
Vince.. 4
Andreu 8
McNulty 7

Beavon 7
Shipley 7
Maycock 6

Was very impressed with Pearson last night looks a solid centre back and did the basics right (can't comment past the pen though as I had to leave)

I think Shipley is a left bk not a cm thought he was excellent as well and allowed the game to change as we were more balanced, if you watch there first two goals bk both came from the left hand side!

Also maybe Andreu does play in cm he ran the game for us, such and exciting talent who will only get better with fitness! His goal was very well taken!

I think second half was how we want to play first was rubbish unbalanced football that made us play on the back foot!

I wonder who the signing is baker would help imencesley if it is him!!

Otis

Jordon Shipley was excellent at left back I though

Was very impressed with Pearson last night looks a solid centre back and did the basics right (can't comment past the pen though as I had to leave)

I think Shipley is a left bk not a cm thought he was excellent as well and allowed the game to change as we were more balanced, if you watch there first two goals bk both came from the left hand side!

Also maybe Andreu does play in cm he ran the game for us, such and exciting talent who will only get better with fitness! His goal was very well taken!

I think second half was how we want to play first was rubbish unbalanced football that made us play on the back foot!

I wonder who the signing is baker would help imencesley if it is him!!

I think it might be a loan.

wal3590

Burge 7-
Grimmer 6
Pearson 6 looked better than hyam
Hyam 5 at fault for first goal
Dion 5 obviously not a LB when got ball had to stop and cut back
Doyle 5 passing up to his usual standard
Stevenson 5
Jones 7
Vince.. 4 I'm going to start calling him Rodney
Andreu 8 was much more effective when dropped into midfield when Doyle went off. Great goal too
McNulty 7

Beavon 7
Shipley 7
Maycock 6

Was actually Doyles runner for the first goal. Both CB's impressed for me, as did the two young lads coming on. Vince was dreadful, hate calling out players so early after joining us but jesus he did nothing! Andreu looks a real player just a tad unfit

ready_96

They were slightly the better side in the 1st half, we created a few chances but our final ball was lacking. It was quite an end to end game for a while. We then suddenly forget how to defend and gift them two scrappy goals and they go into HT thinking they've won the game.

2nd half we looked a lot more threatening, shipley had a great game at LB - looked very comfortable going forward and could pick a pass. Playing beavon and mcnulty side by side instead of one behind the other worked better. Still not convinced with vincente, i thought he had another poor game. Burge had a good game, looked less 'dodgy' than he did a few seasons ago, but his kicking seemed a bit wild. But he was quick to release a player on a counter with a long throw.

Fair play to shrewsbury, they lost a player and still managed to not to concede a 3rd and the free kick was inch perfect

aloisiwouldhavescored

I missed work Monday last week to attend a funeral and all day Thursday felt like Friday, the opposite of your experience but the old body clock doesn't like disruption. :-(
You wait until you retire, then you have no structure to your week whatsoever. We never know what day it is and have even had to buy a calendar, showing the date and the day of the week!

Sbarcher

You wait until you retire, then you have no structure to your week whatsoever. We never know what day it is and have even had to buy a calendar, showing the date and the day of the week!
Strewth... must be bad that dementia thing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Damn Burge doing his best to make sure the clown O'Brien gets his place back. First goal was a shot straight down the middle, second was the same again although he managed to do slightly better this time and parry it back to the player for a tap in and third he is beaten on his side for the free kick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread