Coventry Evening Telegraph. (1 Viewer)

Moff

Thought that none of you moaners read the shit local rag?
So why moan about something you don't even read?
I for one still have it delivered every day have for over 20 years.
I only read the parts I want to.

Funny but I see the Wasps advertising every day hasn't made me want to go.
PUSB

I do as well, you know the back page that covers CCFC and has done for the forty odd years I have been able to read it, shame thre was f*ck all on the club apart form a picture on that edition. There was something about a rugby team that had no previous no links to the City though.

I am still looking for the sction devoted to CRFC as well, you know like the one devoted to Wasps.

AFCCOVENTRY

So why don't CCFC pay for some adverts at the back of the Cov Tel got games and promotions?

It's because the club won't spend any money on advertising.

I understand some of the arguments here but anyone can buy an advert to put throughout a newspaper.

Wasps have a good marketing department that is professionally run. CCFC under Sisu are anything but professional.

skybluetony176

Point A. Discussed this with OSB58 yesterday. While the rent was not the main cause of losses it certainly contributed. It had to be sorted. Admittedly would of been better to do it when they first arrived but we call that hindsight.
Point B. See above. Something had to be done about the rental deal. Bit drastic to move 35 miles yet wasps moved 90 miles and people are climbing over themselves to work with them in a partnership. Some right strange people in the world.
Point C. In hindsight you're right. Question is though did anyone believe that the council who were playing the moral high ground card about moving clubs would sell to one moving 90 miles?
Point D. Sadly yes in part to my above point regarding the council's morals seemingly disappearing at a bit of cash and the opportunity to get one over on sisu.

The fact is tony a council that claimed to only care about the football club and were outraged at said club being moved stabbed the club and it's fans in the back. Whilst at the same time doing it to wasps fans. The biggest fact is that stadium should of only ever held a team in it with local connections.

The move to Northampton was not needed to break the rental agreement. That had already been achieved with the administration of CCFC ltd. The move to Northampton was for entirely different reasons altogether and none of those reasons served the club.

Last edited:

lewys33

At the end of the day they probably got the reaction they wanted.

Edit - Wasps and The Telegraph I mean.

ajsccfc

With print media the way it is this thread must have given a CET back page ad the most views it's had in years.

ccfctommy

So why don't CCFC pay for some adverts at the back of the Cov Tel got games and promotions?

I understand some of the arguments here but anyone can buy an advert to put throughout a newspaper.

Wasps have a good marketing department that is professionally run. CCFC under Sisu are anything but professional.

Nail has just met head.

Kingokings204

Spot on.

RegTheDonk

Where's Mr Gilbert to explain matters when needed? Do people not see a pattern? PWKH was on here during dispute then disappeared after acl was sold. Gilbert was on here just delivering the news as part of a free press. Disappeared after the revelation that the council told the cet not to release the news of the wasps deal. There is nobody blinder than someone who refuses to see.

To be fair Zack, the media have a relationship with councils, governments, big business etc. If there's something in the pipeline, or a jorno has dug deep and uncovered something, they often agree an embargo on news in exchange for exclusives etc. A few on here think Les Reid and the Observer are in SISU's pocket, so its swings and roundabouts.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Let them advertise nobody reads the rag anyway so it's just throwing money at their mates.

I've got Adblock Plus on, so I don't see this crap and I haven't bought a printed CT for years. (#advertisersNightmare)

Having said all that anyone can buy premium advertising space, there is nothing stopping CCFC paying for a half page advert to coincide with a Wasps game report.

Captain Dart

Terry Gibson's perm

I've got Adblock Plus on, so I don't see this crap and I haven't bought a printed CT for years. (#advertisersNightmare)

Having said all that anyone can buy premium advertising space, there is nothing stopping CCFC paying for a half page advert to coincide with a Wasps game report.

Thanks cd I shall have a look for that at home as I do get bored With the ads not just for the telegraph but other sites as well.

Captain Dart

I agree.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

How much is "theirs" and how much is national and local government support? Just asking like!

Better hope Joy doesn't sue because illegal state aid is involved.

Terry Gibson's perm

How much is "theirs" and how much is national and local government support? Just asking like!

Don't care where it comes from as long as it does continue to come to this area as it must support 10's of thousands of real jobs.

Nick

Administrator
So I take it nobody on here would have had issues with CCFC advertising in Northampton Media?

Probably the same as if CCFC gave tickets away they were desperate but if wasps do it, it is good marketing?

torchomatic

Hah, yes I remember all those threads from the angry people who, these days, are being surprisingly receptive to Wasps.

So I take it nobody on here would have had issues with CCFC advertising in Northampton Media?

Probably the same as if CCFC gave tickets away they were desperate but if wasps do it, it is good marketing?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Also, if Wasps are ploughing shed loads of money into the Telegraph, they are hardly going to get grilled on issues are they? I doubt Simon will be firing FOI's in left right and centre to try and prove Wasps wrong like he does with Tim Fisher is he?

Kingokings204

Point one you made Nick is fair but 2 wrongs don't make a right in my book. So they are both wrong.

Point 2 is free tickets are a good way for schools etc so it is good marketing. But free tickets for adults which was the case? Now that's desperate for anyone

Nick

Administrator
Point one you made Nick is fair but 2 wrongs don't make a right in my book. So they are both wrong.

Point 2 is free tickets are a good way for schools etc so it is good marketing. But free tickets for adults which was the case? Now that's desperate for anyone

I seem to remember people going mental because their great cousin twice removed, their son's football team got a free ticket to a city game. Also remember people going mad about ball boys getting free tickets, but only to increase attendance.

So what about the Wasps freebies for adults? What if city had done buy a ticket to a game against a "bigger" team and get a ticket to the next game for a quid a couple of times at Sixfields? Reaction then?

SkyBlueZack

To be fair Zack, the media have a relationship with councils, governments, big business etc. If there's something in the pipeline, or a jorno has dug deep and uncovered something, they often agree an embargo on news in exchange for exclusives etc. A few on here think Les Reid and the Observer are in SISU's pocket, so its swings and roundabouts.

Ahhh but my point was that Simon promoted free press and said that was what he was doing. He in his own words was just reporting the news yet in this instance he didn't. Les Reid does appear to have close links with SISU. Don't think anybody has ever said otherwise unlike with Simon who is defended. One rule for one and different for another?

Grendel

I seem to remember people going mental because their great cousin twice removed, their son's football team got a free ticket to a city game. Also remember people going mad about ball boys getting free tickets, but only to increase attendance.

So what about the Wasps freebies for adults? What if city had done buy a ticket to a game against a "bigger" team and get a ticket to the next game for a quid a couple of times at Sixfields? Reaction then?

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...-out-free-tickets?highlight=CCFC free tickets

skybluetony176

SISU were desperate. Attendances were way short of TF's projection's.

skybluetony176

But if Wasps do the same sort of thing it is good marketing?

I would think even you can see the difference despite pretending not to.

Wasps are doing it because they've made Coventry their permanent base. What else did you expect them to do? SISU did it because they'd made a mistake in moving the club to Northampton and TF got the figures desperately wrong. Are you saying that you never got a free ticket for Northampton? Did you ever pay to get in Northampton?

Sick Boy

They are too dense to see their own hypocrisy.

Nick

Administrator
I would think even you can see the difference despite pretending not to.

Wasps are doing it because they've made Coventry their permanent base. What else did you expect them to do? SISU did it because they'd made a mistake in moving the club to Northampton and TF got the figures desperately wrong. Are you saying that you never got a free ticket for Northampton? Did you ever pay to get in Northampton?

I got free tickets, but from the same place I could have at the Ricoh. So it was nothing to do with the location....

I forgot a permanent move is ok but not temporary!

Users who are viewing this thread