Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

BP wins for Plymouth and DMP as well so it's as you were points difference.

Loughborough next week at home who lost by a 20 point margin today and will be bottom 3 still.

Ashdown

Of course lets not forget that Cov won the last 8 games of last season too, making this now 15 wins on the bounce !! That's impressive in any sport at any level !

Ashdown

Well fuck it, I'm getting the train over and going down to the BPA tomorrow, hoping for 8 out of 8 straight wins, a few sherberts, a good atmosphere, live band in the club house afterwards and then dinner in either one of the new Korean, Japanese restaurants or my old favourite Aqua ! Great day out in the holy City that !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

6 changes ahead of tomorrow's game v Loughborough!
Looks like a wet & windy one.
This will be tougher than it looks on paper.
Interestingly large number of the Loughborough squad are Leicester players including the front 5 who at Leicester will have all been coached by Boris Stankovich who was Cov player and scrum coach last season so no doubt he'll be the one to know how to beat the Cov scrum!

Genuinely think this has Bannana skin written all over it, a few of Covs experienced players rested for this one, a few youngsters including an 18 year old from Northampton.

Get out by 5pm with the 5 points & it'll be job done!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Well fuck it, I'm getting the train over and going down to the BPA tomorrow, hoping for 8 out of 8 straight wins, a few sherberts, a good atmosphere, live band in the club house afterwards and then dinner in either one of the new Korean, Japanese restaurants or my old favourite Aqua ! Great day out in the holy City that !

Haha think we commented on this thread at the same time!

wingy

It all helps keeping the economy ticking over Ashdown and that's a healthy spread across the leisure sector, will be there myself tomorrow.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What do I know it will be an easy game! Playing into the wind 10-0 up already 2 tries, think the kickers can be excused from kicking points today!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Cov 39
Blackheath & Plymouth 33
DMP 32

I think that's correct.

Away at Cambridge next Saturday for the record, coach Rowland Winter's old club few ex Cambridge players in Cov side.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Thinking of catching a coach to Cambridge next week with the supporters club, up to three coaches now apparently going !
Saw they'd got to 2 (usually 1) was hoping to do my first away game 2nd December at Rosslyn Park but not sure I will be now, think Moseley 23rd December is a must!!

Otis

Be interested to know those of you who go up, what you have ascertained from Cov fans re any possible Coventry City involvement there?

Was speaking to a massive Cov fan today and he says that the Cov fans really don't want the City there at all.

Have you found the same sentiment?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Be interested to know those of you who go up, what you have ascertained from Cov fans re any possible Coventry City involvement there?

Was speaking to a massive Cov fan today and he says that the Cov fans really don't want the City there at all.

Have you found the same sentiment?

I think it's more a case of sisu being there.

I've said for a while BPA is a million miles off being able to host a FL side.

Logistically, facilities, the lot.

As a fan of both clubs I don't see CCFC there!

Otis

I think it's more a case of sisu being there.

I've said for a while BPA is a million miles off being able to host a FL side.

Logistically, facilities, the lot.

As a fan of both clubs I don't see CCFC there!
What I was getting was in terms of changes to the ground and fences and segregated barriers having to be implemented and put up.

We all know rugby fans are a different breed to football fans. That's what I was getting from this bloke anyway.

Suppose they could just use the material dividers as they do now at the Ricoh. As I don't do away games what do most other clubs do to divide fans?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What I was getting was in terms of changes to the ground and fences and segregated barriers having to be implemented and put up.

We all know rugby fans are a different breed to football fans. That's what I was getting from this bloke anyway.

Suppose they could just use the material dividers as they do now at the Ricoh. As I don't do away games what do most other clubs do to divide fans?

I suppose and I base this on 2 minutes thinking say they built a stand opposite the current stand the same and had 2 ends standing.
Away supporters would have to be for safety reasons behind the goal nearest the main road + they'd have to be offered some seats (I assume from what I've seen in our allocations this season this is a FL rule?)
I guess you'd put either side school fencing to separate the supporters (maybe with a few yards no mans land) & on Rugby match days these gates would be open?

But the BPA is nowhere near ready to meet FL standards for both segregation, facilities & logistics, in my uneducated opinion.

It'd take a hell of a lot of planning and a few quid.

I'm sure someone may have a better solution/idea and be able to knock this post back.

Houdi

I suppose and I base this on 2 minutes thinking say they built a stand opposite the current stand the same and had 2 ends standing.
Away supporters would have to be for safety reasons behind the goal nearest the main road + they'd have to be offered some seats (I assume from what I've seen in our allocations this season this is a FL rule?)
I guess you'd put either side school fencing to separate the supporters (maybe with a few yards no mans land) & on Rugby match days these gates would be open?

But the BPA is nowhere near ready to meet FL standards for both segregation, facilities & logistics, in my uneducated opinion
It'd take a hell of a lot of planning and a few quid.

I'm sure someone may have a better solution/idea and be able to knock this post back.

Like you and indeed many others have said there is no chance of a ground share with CRFC, and it beggars belief that anyone still gives any credence to what Fisher says.
Another great win against a very energetic side in difficult weather conditions. Looking to the reactions from CCFC fans on social media during half time and again the phone in post match, only reinforces our view that 'we' have made the right call in going regularly to the Butts,instead of going to the Ricoh anymore.
The contrast could not be more stark, the Butts 'experience' is positive and enjoyable, the Ricoh 'experience is depressing and hostile. You have to admire the resilience of fans who continue to endure each week a depressing match day experience.

Otis

Like you and indeed many others have said there is no chance of a ground share with CRFC, and it beggars belief that anyone still gives any credence to what Fisher says.
Another great win against a very energetic side in difficult weather conditions. Looking to the reactions from CCFC fans on social media during half time and again the phone in post match, only reinforces our view that 'we' have made the right call in going regularly to the Butts,instead of going to the Ricoh anymore.
The contrast could not be more stark, the Butts 'experience' is positive and enjoyable, the Ricoh 'experience is depressing and hostile. You have to admire the resilience of fans who continue to endure each week a depressing match day experience.

I guess it all depends upon whether or not you are predominantly a Cov fan, a City fan, or both.

If you are just a City fan it is never going to be the right call to go and watch Cov at the Butts.

no_loyalty

I think I'm gonna jump on this band wagon, are we likely to win the league?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think I'm gonna jump on this band wagon, are we likely to win the league?

In a good position after 8 games.

Next 2 should be winners then they have 7 tough games on the bounce that'll decide the season you'd imagine. From 25/11 to 13/1 in that period they play the 3 other sides who should finish top 4, local rivals Moseley & OA's who have are the only side to stop Cov getting maximum points from a game this season.

Houdi

I guess it all depends upon whether or not you are predominantly a Cov fan, a City fan, or both.

If you are just a City fan it is never going to be the right call to go and watch Cov at the Butts.
Originally we were overwhelmingly City fans and only started to go when we moved to Northampton. Then we only went when CCFC were playing away.Gradually we realised we enjoyed going to the Butts far more than going to CCFC. We found the Ricoh atmosphere was toxic and we were just going out of habit,the Butts by contrast was a great positive experience with a winning and entertaining team. Last year even though we had season tickets at the Ricoh near the end we chose to pay and watch Cov Rugby even though CCFC were at home.
Now we haven't been to a single home game at the Ricoh and tbh we don't miss it at all, and when you hear the fan's reaction on the radio on the way home.we feel relieved we have finally broken away. Would never support another football club, and will always want CCFC to do well, but the 'events' over the past 10 years ago have driven me and thousands of other fans away. Went to Grimsby early season and tbf it was a decent day out, but it seems we were very lucky, as after watching us at Barnet on Sky it seems that this is largely the quality fans are having to endure most weeks.

Otis

Originally we were overwhelmingly City fans and only started to go when we moved to Northampton. Then we only went when CCFC were playing away.Gradually we realised we enjoyed going to the Butts far more than going to CCFC. We found the Ricoh atmosphere was toxic and we were just going out of habit,the Butts by contrast was a great positive experience with a winning and entertaining team. Last year even though we had season tickets at the Ricoh near the end we chose to pay and watch Cov Rugby even though CCFC were at home.
Now we haven't been to a single home game at the Ricoh and tbh we don't miss it at all, and when you hear the fan's reaction on the radio on the way home.we feel relieved we have finally broken away. Would never support another football club, and will always want CCFC to do well, but the 'events' over the past 10 years ago have driven me and thousands of other fans away. Went to Grimsby early season and tbf it was a decent day out, but it seems we were very lucky, as after watching us at Barnet on Sky it seems that this is largely the quality fans are having to endure most weeks.
Yeah, maybe should have made it clearer. I meant if you were a football fan and not a rugby fan and also a City fan and not a Cov fan, so when I said just a City fan that's what I meant.

I have considered going, but would only go when the City weren't at home.

Users who are viewing this thread