Coventry Telegraph (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Then I wouldn't be on the car owners forums for starters and going to look at it still.

Smashing the car up doesn't show bitterness for the storage company, smashing their cars up would be.

I'm not sure a rugby club buying a stadium is akin to criminal damage to a vehicle on private property

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure a rugby club buying a stadium is akin to criminal damage to a vehicle on private property
That's why is said it isn't just about one particular thing, I'm sure you know that though ;) you are scraping the barrel a lot even on your standards.

oucho

FFS. CCFC got royally fucked over by the council and the telegraph but that's all just a side show as long as SISU got their comeuppance.
Errrr, OK....

RoboCCFC90

While SISU own CCFC, CCFC is fair game. Without wanting to get into all this again, I was pleased when the council sold the Ricoh to Wasps as it gave SISU everything their behaviour deserved. Shame SISU didn't take the hint and leave then, or since.

Without trying to be abrupt, are you mad Oucho?

You were pleased when the Council sold the Ricoh to a Franchise Rugby Club that has come in and stolen whatever spotlight and support there was for the City's own Rugby Club?

Take SISU and CCFC aside for a moment, but to be "pleased" at any move from any player in the game that has been played out between SISU, the Council, etc, is naive.

The Telegraph have their own agenda, I have never seen one entity attempt one-upmanship in the same way the Telegraph over CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
It's exactly why they push that ccfc is sisu, so people think it's great and lap it up.

Last edited:

oucho

Without trying to be abrupt, are you mad Oucho?

You were pleased when the Council sold the Ricoh to a Franchise Rugby Club that has come in and stolen whatever spotlight and support there was for the City's own Rugby Club?

Take SISU and CCFC aside for a moment, but to be "pleased" at any move from any player in the game that has been played out between SISU, the Council, etc, is naive.

The Telegraph have their own agenda, I have never seen one entity attempt one-upmanship in the same way the Telegraph over CCFC.
Mate I'm not from Cov and have no connection with the city, never watched Cov rugby and don't even know what league are they in. Nothing against them at all, but any impact on them by Wasps moving in is irrelevant to me. The main thing is the the Wasps deal snookered SISU and ensured they couldn't benefit from their brazenly unethical tactics, that's all that is important to me.

Nick

Administrator
Mate I'm not from Cov and have no connection with the city, never watched Cov rugby and don't even know what league are they in. Nothing against them at all, but any impact on them by Wasps moving in is irrelevant to me. The main thing is the the Wasps deal snookered SISU and ensured they couldn't benefit from their brazenly unethical tactics, that's all that is important to me.
Again, very very strange.

RoboCCFC90

There in lies the problem, not so much yourself because you don't live in Cov, but people who were brought up in the City and live here disregard the impact and Cov Rugby for the Wasps, due to what the Council did in bringing them here.

While it is imperative that SISU leave it should never affect Cov Rugby or any one else other than SISU.

Nick

Administrator
There in lies the problem, not so much yourself because you don't live in Cov, but people who were brought up in the City and live here disregard the impact and Cov Rugby for the Wasps, due to what the Council did in bringing them here.

While it is imperative that SISU leave it should never affect Cov Rugby or any one else other than SISU.
That's the thing, it's a perfect example of the at any cost mindset. Openly saying it's great the club getting a kicking.

Weird.

oucho

Again, very very strange.
I welcome Wasps with open arms. What's weird about that?
That's the thing, it's a perfect example of the at any cost mindset. Openly saying it's great the club getting a kicking.

Weird.
Even though the club deserved what it got?

torchomatic

Weird.

Yeah, no surprise but an odd attitude to have. CCFC are totally disregarded.

Nick

Administrator
I welcome Wasps with open arms. What's weird about that?

Sisu deserve what they get yes, feel free to kick them all you want.

If you treat ccfc with so much disregard, how do you cheer goals?

Yes, it is very weird that you would sit there applauding the club getting a kicking and then go and cheer a goal they scored.

Moff

So the club deserved what it got because of its owners, who were only there because of the ineptitude of other owners.

I would say the current and previous owners should have got what they deserved, not the club or us the fans.

torchomatic

So if another football club, not Wasps, had moved to Coventry, would that have been ok for you as long as it fucked over SISU?

I don't think he cares. As long as SISU were shafted it doesn't matter what happens to the football club or how its future is affected.

oucho

I don't think he cares. As long as SISU were shafted it doesn't matter what happens to the football club or how its future is affected.
Well no, the only justification was to see that SISU didn't succeed in their efforts to get the Ricoh via their vile tactics. The Wasps route was the only viable way of preventing that as an outcome, therefore one to be supported wholeheartedly.

Don't forget what I said above though...Wasps own the Ricoh now but it won't be forever. My own prediction is that CCFC will be at least part-owner of the Ricoh in the next decde. Wouldn't surprise me if long term Wasps end up playing at MK Dons or something, much closer to their original territory and rugby heartland generally. Therefore, CCFC in the long term isn't harmed by the Wasps deal (which in any event is unrelated to our demise off the field).

These are my honest views, I'll discuss with anyone in the pub or at a game. Call me all the names you like!

Nick

Administrator
Well no, the only justification was to see that SISU didn't succeed in their efforts to get the Ricoh via their vile tactics. The Wasps route was the only viable way of preventing that as an outcome, therefore one to be supported wholeheartedly.

Don't forget what I said above though...Wasps own the Ricoh now but it won't be forever. My own prediction is that CCFC will be at least part-owner of the Ricoh in the next decde. Wouldn't surprise me if long term Wasps end up playing at MK Dons or something, much closer to their original territory and rugby heartland generally. Therefore, CCFC in the long term isn't harmed by the Wasps deal (which in any event is unrelated to our demise off the field).

These are my honest views, I'll discuss with anyone in the pub or at a game. Call me all the names you like!
Make up your mind, I'm getting dizzy between you going between sisu and ccfc and contradicting things from your last posts.

You have already said that's all important to you.

torchomatic

I haven't called you names. As I said earlier if you do not dfferentiate between SISU and CCFC I presume you do not cheer when we score a goal as you would be cheering SISU, wouldn't you?

Nick

Administrator
I haven't called you names. As I said earlier if you do not dfferentiate between SISU and CCFC I presume you do not cheer when we score a goal as you would be cheering SISU, wouldn't you?
He said earlier in the thread he supports ccfc on and off the pitch. On the other hand he enjoys ccfc getting a kicking because he thinks it's getting at sisu so thinks it's great.

All that matters to him is sisu being bad.

I think 99% of fans would say all that matters to them is ccfc, the disagreement is about the method.

oucho

He said earlier in the thread he supports ccfc on and off the pitch. On the other hand he enjoys ccfc getting a kicking because he thinks it's getting at sisu so thinks it's great.

All that matters to him is sisu being bad.

I think 99% of fans would say all that matters to them is ccfc, the disagreement is about the method.
If you are implying that I am anti-CCFC on the pitch, can you explain why I spend hundreds (thousands?) of pounds every year going to games?

oucho

See below - if that was the case I wouldn't be travelling hundreds of miles per year watching us play home and away!

Sorry but I was so disgusted by SISU's tactics trying to break ACL for their own gain, using CCFC as a cipher, I won't defend them or CCFC (off the pitch) until they fuck off.

Nick

Administrator
If you are implying that I am anti-CCFC on the pitch, can you explain why I spend hundreds (thousands?) of pounds every year going to games?
So you spend thousands a year following something you seem to despise? It's contradicting yourself. You are more than happy to see it getting battered, in fact want it to happen more.

You said earlier on you support ccfc off the pitch, but you also see ccfc as sisu.

It doesn't make sense, you can't differentiate when it suits.

Oh the woman in the ticket office was great today, fair play to her and ccfc.

Woman in ticket office was awful today, boo sisu.

You are switching between things being ccfc and sisu over and over.

Nick

Administrator
See below - if that was the case I wouldn't be travelling hundreds of miles per year watching us play home and away!

Sorry but I was so disgusted by SISU's tactics trying to break ACL for their own gain, using CCFC as a cipher, I won't defend them or CCFC (off the pitch) until they fuck off.
You said in this thread you support ccfc off the pitch. It's not about defending, you are encouraging more attacks on ccfc.

That's the thing when you make big statements about morals, you will trip yourself up.

You say you aren't from round here so aren't that bothered about wasps moving here, but you feel so strongly about a stadium management company you aren't bothered about the football club you support?

Personally, I couldn't give a toss if sisu, wasps, councillors, pwkh etc etc all went bankrupt tomorrow and shared a bed sit in wood end as long as ccfc were ok.

Last edited:

shmmeee

d3f.gif

Mucca Mad Boys

Talk about turning a club into a profiteering company using amoral tactics, such as uprooting a club from its home town and damaging local sports teams such as Cov RFC... Want to kick us out of our academy and maybe stadium, which looks increasingly likely they can't really afford either. Wasps are owned by a hedge fund who's business model is a carbon copy of SISU's, albeit they have been vastly more successful. But as long as SISU are 'snookered' the ends justify the means... Pretty dumb logic because owners come and go (eventually) but the long term affects of this move remain regardless.

It's ironic because speak to any 'pwoper' rugby fan and they'll decry the way Wasps are run.

I have nothing against Wasps and I follow them (will never go as far to support them) but people just can't see the parralells.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don't know how it has affected SISU? They don't care, they used distressing tactics to get hold of ACL and failed.

When all is said and done, and they leave how has this affected them?

When they leave it's CCFC who have to pick up the pieces, from possibly irreparable damage.

It's entirely SISUs fault, but when you give the club a kicking like it's received its only us that deal with it - Joy will just go off into new business ventures

Hobo

does anyone else get really frustrated with these guys? Feel they constantly slate CCFC fans for not supporting club. Today's post for example. I for one am lucky to be able to afford the time and the stupid ticket costs this year but I'm sure there are plenty of fans that just don't feel the walk up price is worth the misery of football we are playing at the moment (ps keep winning I am happy but it's not entertaining).

Doesn't make me angry makes me sad. A once really good local newspaper has become a joke. It has lost its traditional sense of good journalism and failed to grasp the new social media trends. Does anybody actually buy it now?

Users who are viewing this thread