Coventry United Football Club Statement (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Coventry United Press Release (7/7/13)

The Coventry United committee are devastated with the intention to play CCFC home games at Northampton, Sisu are ripping the heart out of our City without a single consideration for their loyal fan base stretching through the decades. CCFC must remain in Coventry and support our community.

Coventry United have spoken and agree with many CCFC fans, the vast majority of fan don't want Sisu making these life changing decisions in regards to our beloved football team.

It is unfair to offer Coventry United as a breakaway club for the CCFC supporters at this stage.

Even if a new club changed its club name and kit colours it would NEVER be CCFC or have its history.

Coventry United was setup in defiance to SISU's intentions and we, as an alternative Coventry team support the "NotOnePennyMore" objective and will only spend our money with CCFC when the team returns to its true home at the Ricoh.

Put the Coventry United club colours and name to one side, CCFC supporters now own and operate a team in Coventry within the football league which isn't solely associated with a business entity, simply a football team for Coventry.

Coventry United had its first trial session and can now announced Alan Higgs as our regular training ground. Coventry United are continuing to seek local talented players throughout July ready for the 2013/14 season. We are also please to announce our latest signings Brian Ndlovu brother of Peter and Stefan McGrath son of Lloyd both enthusiastic skilled players with a CCFC pedigree.

The Coventry United promise to Coventry and CCFC fans:

If CCFC is destroyed, liquidated or permanently removed from Coventry then we the committee of Coventry United will offer shares and the readymade football club to be modelled and changed based on a democratic voting system to ensure Coventry always has a team in the FL.

If Susi sells up or sees sense and returns CCFC to Coventry then both teams can learn to co-exist with mutual respect for the benefit of Coventry.

Evo1883

i think its a very respectful statement all things considered , its just the name man lol

Gray

I fully appreciate the anger of sky blue fans with the current situation which is frankly shocking.
Coventry Sphinx FC is indeed the highest placed non league club in Coventry and for all those fans looking to offer their support with us you will receive a genuine welcome and appreciation to Sphinx Drive. Like all clubs at this level funds are always a tough part of competing but with higher gates we could progress quickly to the next levels, you only have to look at Leamington who were in our league a few years ago. Success can come quickly.. we reached the quarter finals of the FA vase a couple of years ago with the side that beat us after a reply went on the win it at the New Wembley. We were that close..

One important thing to mention is that everybody involved within the club do not get any financial gain it is all about giving up your time for the benefit of others and the love of the game.

We have the ground for the next 12 years and if things go well it could be considerably more. We always stay within our means and we are totally debt free. So apart from general running costs much needed resource would be used to strengthen the squad.

If you decide to come along and follow us it would be much appreciated by us all. The current playing staff and management truly deserve it. If I'm honest we have over the years been out numbered by away supporters at home so if we can increase our footfall that would be something very special.

There maybe someone out there who would like to get involved at all levels and if that's the case I would be delighted to speak to you.

Regards

Dannie F Cahill
Chairman
Coventry Sphinx Football Club

i think this looks like a better proposition

theferret

i think its a very respectful statement all things considered , its just the name man lol

Reading between the lines though, I think they are saying name and colours could be changed if that was the will of shareholders/members.

Evo1883

its midland combination league 2 , play at westwood heath , sod it im dedicating my time to them when ccfc are at northampton ,away games only for me

rob9872

Circling like vultres already :-(

Evo1883

problem is lets say this Coventry united do well over the next 10 years and find themselves on the verge of the football league ,alot of youngsters will support a succesful team over a crap 1 , and united is quite popular in coventry already :whistle:

tbh444

Difficult one this - I'm sure it's well intentioned but fragmentation could be a terrible thing at this point, I'd be keen to watch a non-league club in Coventry at least as a temporary measure pending a proper phoenix club or other resolution, I think ideally the Trust has to have a stance on this (even accepting that many fans won't back it).

Woz01

Im going to support this venture and go to games when i can but still have a tiny bit of hope that CCFC will play in Cov sooner rather than later.

Gray

so they'd have at least 7 seasons before the football league? they are being hopeful about there always being a team from cov in the football league

saltaire bantam

Is their any animosity between the clubs, United & Sphinx? Surely 10 months from now it'd be better for both, plus the 1000's of disaffected CCFC fans to get together in one entity.

Don't leave it long, Bradford Park Avenue left it too late, they loathe us but with a fan base of about 300, all bitter OAP's, their future is bleak.

mark82

Is their any animosity between the clubs, United & Sphinx? Surely 10 months from now it'd be better for both, plus the 1000's of disaffected CCFC fans to get together in one entity.

Don't leave it long, Bradford Park Avenue left it too late, they loathe us but with a fan base of about 300, all bitter OAP's, their future is bleak.

United are a new club that have been formed this summer. They were aiming at attracting disgruntled CCFC fans.......

So they made there kit red and called themselves United. :facepalm:

mattylad

I will need something to do with my Saturdays and may well split my time amongst a few local sides. I might even head up the Butts once in a while and watch the egg chasers...lots to choose from..

RichieGunns

United are a new club that have been formed this summer. They were aiming at attracting disgruntled CCFC fans.......

So they made there kit red and called themselves United. :facepalm:

The colours they are using are our civic colours.

You can draw comparisons but I doubt theres any link whatsoever.

letsallsingtogether

Always hated fucking united.................

Wouldn't be right shouting it out now

RoboCCFC90

I couldn't it's not CCFC...

bigfatronssba

I appreciate what these guys are trying to do, but I think thy should throw their weight behind the sphinx.

A club that plays in sky blue, in the stoke area of the city, founded by the car workers of Armstrong Siddeley motors, it has strong comparisons to the former top football club in Coventry.

Also I just found out the sphinx is only £5 entry.

ajsccfc

This United team still smacks of exploitation, cynically riding on a crest of ill-will towards SISU. Existing teams like Sphinx seem far more deserving of wayward support.

Users who are viewing this thread