Coventry United (1 Viewer)

mark82

Coventry United kick off in the league tomorrow night away at Kenilworth Town. Anyone planning on giving it a try?

Ashdown1

Excellent ! I wish them well, whatever happens with the City. I might give it a bash some weeks, other than that I'll try and support other Cov teams and sports !

mark82

Excellent ! I wish them well, whatever happens with the City. I might give it a bash some weeks, other than that I'll try and support other Cov teams and sports !

Same here this year. Will split time when I'm in Cov between Leamington, Sphinx and giving United a try.

Covboy84

I used to go city all the time my dad was a steward for around 18 years but will not go Northampton as he's a city fan first steward second

east_midlands_skyblue

I went to the match against Leamington and enjoyed it. The football isn't the greatest but it was good enough to enjoy the match and a few good goals were scored. Also, you can have a beer watching the game!

ccfcway

I went to the match against Leamington and enjoyed it. The football isn't the greatest but it was good enough to enjoy the match and a few good goals were scored. Also, you can have a beer watching the game!

change from United to 1883, change from RED to Sky Blue and I might even give it a go myself !

ESB

Sorry United is just so wrong.

I've spent a life lambasting United fans of any creed and I'm not sure anyone born in the vacinity of the City would be allowed to support them.

Snozz_is_god

What's wrong with red, red is part of the Coventry Crest. At least they play in Coventry, lets give them a try. As for United, that's exactly what all Coventry fans need to do at the moment.

bigfatronssba

What's wrong with red, red is part of the Coventry Crest. At least they play in Coventry, lets give them a try. As for United, that's exactly what all Coventry fans need to do at the moment.

I appreciate the sentiment but if we want this to work we need it to feel like the same club that we have supported all our lives. Once it becomes our club, Fisher and Sisu have lost.

Snozz_is_god

Starting out this season, they would of been panned if they had chosen a sky blue kit, I think red & green is a great choice to represent Coventry.

im going to pop up for a couple of games. i dont agree with the red and united but they do play in cov at alan higgs centre so at least there is a tiny link with city. that and its been set up by sky blues fans.

bigfatronssba

Starting out this season, they would of been panned if they had chosen a sky blue kit, I think red & green is a great choice to represent Coventry.

I dont deny red & green represents Coventry well, but I just think sky blue would be better all round.

Im saying this because I want it to work.

cloughie

I would rather heskell buys 50% of the stadium and buys Coventry sphinx at least its a Cov team and higher up the leagues.

could also change the name to Coventry City AFC,, no loss to the original sphinx supporters as its still Coventry, unlike the nuneaton idea

Sba180

I think sphinx should be first port of call for any coventry football supporter. They've been around a while and not just pitched up hoping to win a few fans like this utd have

mark82

I would rather heskell buys 50% of the stadium and buys Coventry sphinx at least its a Cov team and higher up the leagues.

could also change the name to Coventry City AFC,, no loss to the original sphinx supporters as its still Coventry, unlike the nuneaton idea

No no no no no no no. We can't just steal someone else's team.

mark82

yep I'm with you, and as for Haskell buying up the Ricoh and moving a non league team in there, do me a favour

Yep. Can't see Haskell being interested. Fan owned with minority investment is the way forward.

I would go and watch any local non league team because I have an interest. Understand some folks just aren't as interested.

J

Jack Griffin

I was actually thinking about going untill you reminded me they play in red.

It is red top & green shorts like the city's coat of arms..
cov3.gif

081113120910.jpg

I popped along to the game at Leamington, crowd of about 80, nice sunny day, quite enjoyable. The right winger is Brian Ndlovu, he got 4 assists.. he is one of Pete's brothers..

Last edited by a moderator:

HighfieldRoader

Nothing can replace City but have always liked Nuneaton Boro as a second team. Sphinx worth a mention as they wear Sky Blue and are based not far from where City began.

ESB

Take back the red comment, didn't realise it was red & green. Thereby making it an excellent choice :)

Users who are viewing this thread