Coventry university named university of the year (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

Quite some achievement .. Can only be good for the city .. ( as long as they stop turning everything onto accommodation )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Is this the student survey thing?

Covkid1968#

Quite some achievement .. Can only be good for the city .. ( as long as they stop turning everything onto accommodation )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - on the back of us being modern Uni for last 2 years. Had an offer to go to DMU but glad I didn't really. Onwards and upwards!!!

Grendel

jimmyhillsfanclub

It's ranked 48th - confused.

Me too....I believe it won the best "modern Uni" award.......I'm guessing that means the best ex-poly?

Fair play though.....it has broken in to the top 20 on the overall guardian list......

....although that puts it higher than Edinburgh....thus proving yet again than league tables for academic institutions are generally a load of old bollocks.....

LastGarrison

The Times Higher Education is heavily reliant on REF scores which is basically research which Cov is appalling at hence their low score in the Times HE table.

The Times HE then produced another table called "The Table of Tables" which is a combination of their rankings, the Guardian rankings and the Complete University Guide rankings and then published the top 30 and Cov came a very creditable 27th. Cov have then last night won the title of University of the year from the Times.

In the Guardian rankings they are ranked 15th (higher than a number of Russell Groups) and a large proportion of their steady rise is down to student satisfaction and also their internationalisation. They have also been awarded Modern University of the year for '14, '15 and '16 and as JHFC states this is for Universities formed after 1992.

This is something all Coventarians should be proud of and it really is now seen as an international brand (as just walking around the City centre will show you) and a lot of other Universities are now following the same model as Coventry and a lot of money is being invested in the facilities and city as a whole.

And yes, I may well work in that sector.

Covkid1968#

The Times Higher Education is heavily reliant on REF scores which is basically research which Cov is appalling at hence their low score in the Times HE table.

The Times HE then produced another table called "The Table of Tables" which is a combination of their rankings, the Guardian rankings and the Complete University Guide rankings and then published the top 30 and Cov came a very creditable 27th. Cov have then last night won the title of University of the year from the Times.

In the Guardian rankings they are ranked 15th (higher than a number of Russell Groups) and a large proportion of their steady rise is down to student satisfaction and also their internationalisation. They have also been awarded Modern University of the year for '14, '15 and '16 and as JHFC states this is for Universities formed after 1992.

This is something all Coventarians should be proud of and it really is now seen as an international brand (as just walking around the City centre will show you) and a lot of other Universities are now following the same model as Coventry and a lot of money is being invested in the facilities and city as a whole.

And yes, I may well work in that sector.

Guardian excludes Research - which CU has not been great at. But with the new research building going up, this is soon to be corrected. CU are investing millions in research so watch that be reflected in the Times in the coming years.

Covkid1968#

Guardian excludes Research - which CU has not been great at. But with the new research building going up, this is soon to be corrected. CU are investing millions in research so watch that be reflected in the Times in the coming years.

Or we could by pure luck find a load of old Kings bones and then dine out on that discovery year after year after year like some Uni's up the M69 might do!!! Pfffffff!!

Users who are viewing this thread