Match Thread Coventry v AFC Wim'don Match Thread - Wednesday 28th Sep (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v AFC Wim'don match, tactics and predictions :)

North York’s Blue

I do not have a good feeling about this game, player confidence must be low, no serious attacking threat, low crowd, potentially toxic atmosphere if we don't start well.

Will still travel up and take my usual seat though.

Terry Gibson's perm

Win 2v1 first time this season in the league to score more than one, think the atmosphere will be awful but going to try and enjoy it.

2 for Sordell so we don't have to see the Walsall fan going on about jacksons lead.

stupot07

Think we will win 2-1 and give mowbray a brief reprieve, but its going to take more than an isolated win after this start and record in 2016 to change my mind. #mowbrayout #sisuout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Generally Midfield

I reckon a win as well.

would love to think so but looking at the League One table this morning only half a dozen teams have conceded less goals than us so defensively the stats look pretty decent but the stat that jumps out is our having scored 4 goals in 9 games. Unless the 'goals for' column starts to improve then even if we do well defensively the chances of winning are slim.

On a different point, mate texted me this morning saying there's a supporters meeting tomorrow evening. Anyone know anything about that?

steve82

The words must win game have been used a lot in the last few weeks but really, THIS is now a must win game. 10th league game, a 5th of the way into the season.
Looking for something positive we've played 4 home league games kept 3 clean sheets conceded 1 league goal at home. We will ignore the fact we've only collected 4 pts and scored once.
But remember 80% of our points we've collected at home so far.
Some stats to cling on to!

2-1 the dons worse city team ive seen cant blame tm all the time players need to grow some balls and get some football it costs me 50- 120 watching city how much do our overpaid players and management get paid for taking the piss had enough

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

2-1 the dons worse city team ive seen cant blame tm all the time players need to grow some balls and get some football it costs me 50- 120 watching city how much do our overpaid players and management get paid for taking the piss had enough

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
TM has brought these players into the club, its his tactics they use and his team selection, surely his scouting team have some sort of an idea who or what type of player we are looking for...TM has to shoulder some of the blame regardless of other goings on...A good manager will get the best out of a team of players....look at what Brian Clough did at 2 clubs !!!!

trevelfarandwide

TM has brought these players into the club, its his tactics they use and his team selection, surely his scouting team have some sort of an idea who or what type of player we are looking for...TM has to shoulder some of the blame regardless of other goings on...A good manager will get the best out of a team of players....look at what Brian Clough did at 2 clubs !!!!

Even if you disregard his tactical shortcomings, there is no drive, no fight and no passion in this group of players. That buck stops at the door of TM, who clearly cannot motivate this team...but then it beggars the question, why can't he? Is he having little interaction with them during the week? Is he absent from training?

Basic tactics + motivation + togetherness = a team capable of winning football matches. I just can't see why TM is failing so miserably.

Pipehitterz

The tactics
Haha ha haha u haha ha haha haha

Tm doesn't know any, makes it up as he goes along, and whether Twitter likes it or not, is getting a Free ride because of off field distractions.

The substitution against oldham at half time was amongst the worst ideas any manager has had, it's up there with renewing the luiz cahill partnership idea.

Seriously what the Fuck was that all about??

Saturday too, I thought bigi plays right back?
Stevenson ran the middle for last 20 against oldHam but is out of the team completely and Vlad straight back into his ' terrible season so far ' position.

When tm said he was ringing the changes,,I didn't realise he was just gonna drop Tudgay and replace an injured player.

Atmosphere will be toxic, although there'll only be around 7000 voices so it won't be too loud.

trevelfarandwide

Well, as for a score prediction...with the current personnel, tactics (lack thereof) and the predictably hostile/dismal crowd that will force themselves to turn up...can't see anything but a defeat or a drab draw, as much as it pains me.

0-1 or 1-2, or a 0-0. Even if we get Becchio in, who will supply him?

johnwillomagic

I think we will scrape a 1-0 out of this one......team I would like to play 4-4-2.

RCC GK
Ricketts RB
Willis cb
Turnbull CB
Haynes LB
Jones LW
Reid RW
McCann CM
Bigi CM
Sordell ST
Ageyi ST

Subs: Burge, Page, Harries, Gadhzev, Lameiras, Stevenson, Tudguy

oucho

I have a real strong feeling we'll win this one, I'm gonna go with 2-0 City. I dread to think what might happen next if we won't win.

vow

I don't care what the score is, a win is a win.
So, I'm going for a City win.
I'm away on my jolly hols for this one too, so keep the updates coming, please.

Brylowes

We just have to win this, don't know how but we have to win, and Stevenson needs to start.
1 - 0 hopefully :)

skyblue1991

At this moment I hope we win but I don't feel anything if and when we lose. I'm losing interest by the day. Sort of the same feeling as we were at Sixfields.

1-0 Dons.

Mowbray out.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

City 1 Wimbledon 3
Mowbray resigns.

chiefdave

Whats our lowest attendance for a league game? Can see this one being low. Nights are starting to get darker and colder, bottom of the table and can't imagine they'll bring too many.

We've got to win at some point surely. Hopefully we can get an early goal to stop the atmosphere becoming too bad. 2-1 to us.

standupforcity

Whats our lowest attendance for a league game? Can see this one being low. Nights are starting to get darker and colder, bottom of the table and can't imagine they'll bring too many.

We've got to win at some point surely. Hopefully we can get an early goal to stop the atmosphere becoming too bad. 2-1 to us.

Wimbledon take 2,000 to away games and a Dons mate of mine who I'm driving up with from London reckons there could be more...he also said they sing throughout the game no matter how it's going. Sounds like the kind of support City fans should be providing!!!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Wimbledon take 2,000 to away games and a Dons mate of mine who I'm driving up with from London reckons there could be more...he also said they sing throughout the game no matter how it's going. Sounds like the kind of support City fans should be providing!!!

You forget that Wimbledon have had 10 years of pretty much constant success since their formation. Finding it increasingly difficult to motivate myself to go to games due to the lack of success, I've only been to 3 in the last 2 seasons. Not been to the Ricoh since the 2-1 win over Yeovil in Sept 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread