Match Thread Coventry v AFC Wim'don Match Thread - Wednesday 28th Sep (1 Viewer)

covmark

No wind up. Obviously it's an extreme example, but it's a valid one. Some people just don't learn no matter how many times the same thing happens to them. We have been through manager after manager. The only thing that has been consistent is our owners. No manager will succeed here until SISU are gone. We need to redirect our anger, and aiming at the manager will not help.
We were unsuccessful long before Sisu were here. Having said that, they need to fuck off, I think everyone is in agreement there, but Mowbray has had an absolute stinker. He knew how much he had to spend, and he spent it shockingly by the look of it.
Do you think Scunthorpe have more of a budget than us?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

My opinion is mowbray done a miracle getting us 8th last year. He has also fucked up this summer by his own admission also. He needs to pay the price but sacking him doesn't solve the bigger issues. Another quick fix and TM actually was trying to sign contracts and build for a future. Next manager comes in and fails and then we look again.

I think we are down but either way it's a relegation fight even with a new manager. The squad is poor.

oucho

Anyone remember 10 months ago when we were all getting nosebleeds at being top and feeling like our time had finally arrived? And now we are back where we have been so many times before, not knowing where to turn for our next win or whether the manager will still be with us next week. Who said i can stand the misery but it's the hope that kills??

Nick

Administrator
The way I see it is that he had to be able to put a team out on the pitch.
So he may have wanted players such as Armstrong, Murphy, Kent etc but simply budget wouldn't allow.
Hence ending up with loans and free's in order for us to fulfil the fixtures.
Like every other league one team?

covcity4life

Mowbray says they need to invest

Mowbray knows what's needed to get promotion. Why sack him and get a manager who is clueless

With poor investment we are better offor with someone like mowbray who can maybe work wonders with youngsters

We haven't been blown away by anyone. Small tweaks required

stevefloyd

I am not sure he will be sacked maybe more he will quit, up to our esteemed owners now cough up or start the merry go round yet again

Nick

Administrator

Mowbray knows what's needed to get promotion. Why sack him and get a manager who is clueless

With poor investment we are better offor with someone like mowbray who can maybe work wonders with youngsters

He said he knew what was needed last year and hasn't done anything about it..

We don't need to get blown away, teams with lower budgets will beat us or get a draw

covman

We were unsuccessful long before Sisu were here. Having said that, they need to fuck off, I think everyone is in agreement there, but Mowbray has had an absolute stinker. He knew how much he had to spend, and he spent it shockingly by the look of it.
Do you think Scunthorpe have more of a budget than us?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
He hasn't spent anything! Only wages, and they are less than previous years.

Nick

Administrator
Not not like every other team.
Same shit from you Nick just another day.
Oh, missed them all spending loads then. Missed the top scorer in the league being a free transfer.

All well and good crying about budget if he was looking at players above our level who will be wanting higher level football.

Grendel

At this level Mowbray is clueless. He's out his depth against league one brawling managers. He can't hack it.

Buster

Two poor teams . Ours looked like a youth team . Had proven players last yr ,sold them . Mobrays comment "I'll go they can use the money to invest in the side , they need all the money they can get " ( more or less ) was telling!

Chip Batch

He fucked up and he knows it and he's off. End of story really. You soppy twats can cry yourselves to sleep and say it's not his fault but he's massively let us down. Came with a big reputation and didn't deliver.

Thanks for try TM, appreciate the sentiment behind what you were trying to achieve at the club, but execution was all wrong and your recruitment policy and tactics were frankly bizarre.

Yeah, you reckon the next bloke will deliver then? I know he won't. What about the 10 before him? We must pick some awful managers, or maybe there's something else.

robbiekeane

No I think you're right I think we pick shit managers.

What's the something else?? Is it the atmosphere or something you reckon? I don't believe that

It's certainly not budget because scunthorpe and Bury are in the top 4, and they don't have more money than us do they? Will you answer that one please

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Blaming himself for not signing a centre back, damn right.

Regardless of your option of the Finnish Premier Leauge. Oujala has just completed his fifth 90 minutes in a row and since his arrival and has boosted his team into the Europa League places and 4 points off the top of league with zero defeats and four wins, two goals conceded only.

Make of it what you will, but this was the guy the Mowbray turned away.

Nick

Administrator
Says who? Everything is undisclosed. I wouldn't go believing anything our owners tell us. I don't know if you have noticed but they tend to tell porkies!
Near enough every transfer in the football league are undisclosed.

I guess they turned money offers down for Jones and gave him away to us.

robbiekeane

Yeah, how many strikers has he signed?
About fucking 6 of them, and he's paid fees for about 3 players for the first time in years
And he's got bloody mcbean on loan in the reserves....the guys lost his head mate. Great intentions and all of that but he's lost the plot

letsallsingtogether

Oh, missed them all spending loads then. Missed the top scorer in the league being a free transfer.

All well and good crying about budget if he was looking at players above our level who will be wanting higher level football.
So who are all these high level players he was looking at any links?
Did they all keep the same teams then Nick do they pay better wages are they run better that players want to play there.
Get off your high horse open your fucking eyes. We are club in crisis the..

letsallsingtogether

Near enough every transfer in the football league are undisclosed.

I guess they turned money offers down for Jones and gave him away to us.

They should have kept him who else would want him?

covcity4life

At this level Mowbray is clueless. He's out his depth against league one brawling managers. He can't hack it.
I hope he stocks at it I really do

If not I hope we get someone who utilises THIS squad and doesn't write off entire season.

We can get a cb at Xmas. Come on tone stay! He is just making sisu scared

skybluepm2

Very frustrating evening once again and now home feel even more dejected having listened to Mowbray's interview on the way back. At times in that first half we were camped in their half, dominating as we have done in spells for most games this season. It was enjoyable to watch and if only we had the confidence and composure to kick on and grab that second, we'd have been home and dry.

No surprises when the equaliser arose from nothing, a sloppy goal gifted to their striker on a plate.. cue a poor 2nd half and ending up being lucky claiming a point when 3 should've been a formality.

Mowbray has been by no means perfect but has formed the nucleus of a young side in Willis, Turnbull, Bigi and Stevenson (was going to add in RCC but he was shite for their 1st), aided by Rose and Stokes when they return. Lack of decent experience and dilly dallying in the transfer market for personnel probably out of our depth has fucked him as well as being well and truly SISU'd of course.

If he goes, I'll genuinely be disappointed as I think that he may not be/have been too far from turning it around but that's just my opinion. He gave us our most enjoyable season in many a year and that will certainly live long in the memory.

Who will be next through the fun house door? I hope Fisher follows soon after, his position has been untenable for years the useless fat sack of shit.

shmmeee

All I'm saying is name another owner that picked worse managers than Sisu. Black, Nilsson, arguably Dowie all pre Sisu. You can give them maybe Robins, but he fucked off sharpish.

The last run we had like this was probably Richardson with Neal, Butcher, etc.

Something needs to change in how we approach our manager selection and our strategy for the time they're here.

Nick

Administrator
So who are all these high level players he was looking at any links?
Did they all keep the same teams then Nick do they pay better wages are they run better that players want to play there.
Get off your high horse open your fucking eyes. We are club in crisis the..

The ones he has said are scoring in the championship, the defender he gambled on.

Funny how we struggle to score but he signed 2 strikers very early on.

I'm not on a high horse, I have my eyes wide open and I see us rock bottom and getting a lower league lesson by Wimbledon. They out muscled us, out fought everything.

Why would Mowbray make comments about things being his fault for no reason? It's like he is going out of his way to make himself look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread