Match Thread Coventry v AFC Wim'don Match Thread - Wednesday 28th Sep (2 Viewers)

covmark

So who are all these high level players he was looking at any links?
Did they all keep the same teams then Nick do they pay better wages are they run better that players want to play there.
Get off your high horse open your fucking eyes. We are club in crisis the..
Well he was looking in the wrong places then. Morris at scunny, free transfer, can't be on big wages.
That's just one example from a team top of the league.
We're 24th ffs, every team is better than us. I'm afraid you can blow your whistle at our shit owners all you like. The manager has to take most of the responsibility here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

I have been feeling TM needs to go, not sure how I feel now, do we stick or twist ? He has a limited budget yes but he has also identified the players that we have signed and he decides the tactics, either the players are not good enough or they are just not responding to his management technique... yet again another knife in our backs of supporting CCFC

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mowbray's almost out the door and he's blaming budget.

Don't buy it one bit. Fans will lap it up and blame SISU, but Mowbray:

Exiled O'Brien
Exiled Martin
Sold Vincelot
Signed Turnbull (blowing the defensive budget on one player)
Tried to aim too high player wise repeatedly failing (more proof that people shouldn't be blaming the budget)
Failed to sign almost anyone decent
Failed to sign any real men (then complains he only has boys)

SISU don't help, but the position we find ourselves in is almost single handedly down to one person, Mowbray.

I'm not saying we could get a better name, but Jesus Christ the amount of fucking up he's done is quite shocking considering he's supposed to be of a higher pedigree.

covman

Lets face it, it's not just about budgets. When you are looking for a new job you don't just take money into account. You want to work for a decent company who are stable and are going to look after you. Unfortunately our club now has a very very bad reputation (thanks SISU) and it's going to take A LOT to tempt good players here.

robbiekeane

Mowbray's almost out the door and he's blaming budget.

Don't buy it one bit. Fans will lap it up and blame SISU, but Mowbray:

Exiled O'Brien
Exiled Martin
Sold Vincelot
Signed Turnbull (blowing the defensive budget on one player)
Tried to aim too high player wise repeatedly failing (more proof that people shouldn't be blaming the budget)
Failed to sign almost anyone decent
Failed to sign any real men (then complains he only has boys)

SISU don't help, but the position we find ourselves in is almost single handedly down to one person, Mowbray.

I'm not saying we could get a better name, but Jesus Christ the amount of fucking up he's done is quite shocking considering he's supposed to be of a higher pedigree.
Amen. I'm a bit pissed off with him blaming the budget in his interview actually

Captain Dart

The main problem nick compared to league one clubs with attracting players is the lack of stability.

Bigi's agent admitted last week he told him not to sign a long contract with us because of it.

Unfortunately Jodi's agent is his Nan, she stitched him up big time!

Nick

Administrator
The main problem nick compared to league one clubs with attracting players is the lack of stability.

Bigi's agent admitted last week he told him not to sign a long contract with us because of it.

Nothing to do with the agent getting a cut of every move?

We didn't have much of a problem with league one players, Turnbull, reid, sordell and Jones did we?

Players get paid.

Otis

So, Mowbray says they are babies in a man's league.

He leaves and a new bloke comes in, then the new bloke can only bring in out of contract players, so will still be working with babies in a man's league.

Either TM is wrong, or a new manager has got to work miracles with this squad.

Nick

Administrator
So, Mowbray says they are babies in a man's league.

He leaves and a new bloke comes in, he can only bring in out of contract players, so will still be working with babies in a man's league.

Either TM is wrong, or a new manager has got to work miracles with this squad.
Turn the babies into men! Don't brag about extra training and finishing at 12.45 for example.

covman

The ones he has said are scoring in the championship, the defender he gambled on.

Funny how we struggle to score but he signed 2 strikers very early on.

I'm not on a high horse, I have my eyes wide open and I see us rock bottom and getting a lower league lesson by Wimbledon. They out muscled us, out fought everything.

Why would Mowbray make comments about things being his fault for no reason? It's like he is going out of his way to make himself look bad.
The ones he has said are scoring in the championship, the defender he gambled on.

Funny how we struggle to score but he signed 2 strikers very early on.

I'm not on a high horse, I have my eyes wide open and I see us rock bottom and getting a lower league lesson by Wimbledon. They out muscled us, out fought everything.

Why would Mowbray make comments about things being his fault for no reason? It's like he is going out of his way to make himself look bad.
Take note, this is the team/fans who made a stand and made a fresh start. Now out performing us while we flounder waiting for our owners to completely change their spots.

stevefloyd

It wouldn't be so bad with TM going if our club was stable but fucking hell that Gypsy curse was a bad one ...I don't think it will solve much by him going unless we happen upon a manager who gets the best out of this team and gets us riding up the table, the crowds may return he will be hailed a hero and someone will come in and snap him up once again leaving us back to square one

Nick

Administrator
Take note, this is the team/fans who made a stand and made a fresh start. Now out performing us while we flounder waiting for our owners to completely change their spots.
Go and support them then? You might know more about their players than you do ours.

eastwoodsdustman

Tonight in the second half we played with no plan, no real shape and no real fight or spirit (bar one or two). That was one of the worst performances I've seen against a very poor team tonight.

Nick

Administrator
The first half we had a corner, nobody even knew who was on corners. All stood about looking at each other.

The Reverend Skyblue

Any new manager whose experienced will see what a liability RCC is and get it sorted.
I'd love Steve Cotterill , he would get us out this league next season.
Mowbray really has lived off one good season at WBA for far too long. His tactics,playing players out of position, and for me not seeing what a liability the goalie is and the strange and bizarre substitutions, came to hit him up the arse in the end.

A decent manager would have got us promoted last season when we did have a decent team

Chip Batch

No I think you're right I think we pick shit managers.

What's the something else?? Is it the atmosphere or something you reckon? I don't believe that

It's certainly not budget because scunthorpe and Bury are in the top 4, and they don't have more money than us do they? Will you answer that one please

I think it's the complete lack of succession planning meaning we have to build a new team from scratch every year. It can't be done successfully.

It's ok to say his signings are shit. At some point you have to bring someone in. They might be first choice, or they might be 5th choice but it's better than playing youth team players that aren't ready.

Even the good young players we had on loan last season (miles above the standard of our youth team) struggled in the second half of their first full season in first team football.

Things he's done wrong in my opinion, the failure to sign a big centre half who can head it (as he said himself tonight). Also selling Vincelot (although we don't know if that was his decision) and letting O'Brien move on. Both of those players would walk into this team.

You think we'll pick a better manager next time? I'd bet my house we'll be having the same conversation in 18 months time once the latest 'shit' manager is struggling away. And the one after that. They can't all be shit. i don't think it matters who comes in with the current owners here.

Edited to include that if any player does so well, they'll be sold at the first opportunity, to the first big that comes in and the money won't be reinvested on the playing side.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well it was late on in the window, so they changed it later on?

Why would he say it wasn't a noticeble difference? He went out of his way to lie then and it made him look bad at his job.
Obviously you know better than me after all I don't know what the budgets of other clubs are you do

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nothing to do with the agent getting a cut of every move?

We didn't have much of a problem with league one players, Turnbull, reid, sordell and Jones did we?

Players get paid.

Turnbull and jones are young players looking to use us as a stepping stone so stability of the club isn't as much of an issue to them. Sordell is trying to rebuild a career in tatters and only signed a one year contract and Reid is the exception but that is one player.

League one players in there prime don't want to be here as a whole. The squad is some promising young players and all the seasoned pros are mostly crap or past it.

Nick

Administrator
Turnbull and jones are young players looking to use us as a stepping stone so stability of the club isn't as much of an issue to them. Sordell is trying to rebuild a career in tatters and only signed a one year contract and Reid is the exception but that is one player.

League one players in there prime don't want to be here as a whole. The squad is some promising young players and all the seasoned pros are mostly crap or past it.

Sordell is one and one in our favour. Him and k Thomas were signed early, not rushed.

covman

Do you think we have the lowest budget in the league?[/QUOTE

Everyone in this league has a similar budget. It all comes down to getting a lucky loan, which anyone can do. And, the most important bit, attracting the best of a bad bunch of players. Unfortunately we are one of the least attractive clubs to be employed by; this has nothing to do with the manager.

Nick

Administrator

Really? So we couldn't have signed their striker today for example who won everything in the air and absolutely terrorised our defence? We couldnt have signed the leagues top scorer on a free who hadn't played for Bradford hardly.

Grendel

His agent was playing games. That was pretty obvious. We signed several players on 2 year plus contracts this season

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sordell is one and one in our favour. Him and k Thomas were signed early, not rushed.
Yes Sordell, a striker who has failed in recent years and past his best and Kwame Thomas an untested, unproven young striker.

League one players in there prime and at their peak don't want to be here and I can't really blame them.

Nick

Administrator
Yes Sordell, a striker who has failed in recent years and past his best and Kwame Thomas an untested, unproven young striker.

League one players in there prime and at their peak don't want to be here and I can't really blame them.

He signed them very early on for them to be last resorts after failing to get league one players in didn't we?

Reid could be classed as "in his prime".

SkyBlue_Bear83

He signed them very early on for them to be last resorts after failing to get league one players in didn't we?

Reid could be classed as "in his prime".
I said Reid was the exception in one of my previous posts. That is one player, we needed another 5 or 6 signings like this.

Honestly, some people don't read.

With Sordell and Thomas. It's not about them being last resorts, they are ok signings if they are in support of another main striker which I think was Mowbray intention. It's not a secret Mowbray was chasing Clarke in the window, a proven league one striker who scored a lot of goals last season but we can't attract this type of player at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread