Match Thread Coventry v Bolton Match Thread - Monday 2nd Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Bolton match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

Discuss the Coventry v Bolton match, tactics and predictions :)
Going to be some changes for sure.

Let's see what today brings. I think players need to be registered by 12 noon don't they in order to play the next day?

Three in. Guess that's the lot, but who else to go out?

Gaz71

Going to be a tough game against 2nd placed Bolton, they beat Scunthorpe 2-1 yesterday but also lost away at chesterfield in the previous game, I'm looking forward to seeing the new players in Slades first home game, get yourselves up the Ricoh and support the team!

tom88

I would go 442 with the following

RCC

Haynes
Clarke
Turnbull
Willis

Reid
Bigi
Reilly
Rose

Beavon
Tudgay

Terry Gibson's perm

We won't get 3 tomorrow with a frontline of Bevan and a Tudgay we would be lucky to get 3 from that pair by the end of the season;).

No need for a Tudgay anymore so goodbye

theferret

Looks like it will be the biggest home gate of the season (which isn't saying much I know). Quietly confident (for reasons I don't fully understand).

theferret

Really? Have the club said so?

I'm guessing to a point. But, it is our only real festive home fixture (traditionally a decent gate), Bolton will bring 1500+ based on advanced sales, and I seem to know a lot of people going tomorrow who haven't been for a while. That said, even if it is 12K, it is still 5K short of the 17K we got for Port Vale last season.

torchomatic

Looking forward to tomorrow what with RS and the new players. I reckon if we could beat them.

Nick

Administrator
The three new signings should be in for Turnbull, McCann and Tudgay. Otherwise same starting 11 and formation as Peterborough.

Was it 4-4-2?

Only other thing is Page's fitness I guess, where is Haynes nowadays? I know he had an injury but vanished.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looking forward to the game now - first time in a while ! New signings, plus a 'bit' of a result v Posh may drag a few more up tomorrow. PUSB

KG7

Burge

Sterry
Willis
Clarke
Turnbull

Stevenson
Thomas
Reilly
Rose
Reid

Beavon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve.B50

1-1 but need some luck.
Went to Bolton away and feel they never got out of first gear.
I would back these to win the league.

Just hope Sheffield fail at last hurdle again.

skybluegod

Looking forward to this one, was impressed with what I saw at Peterborough, for the first time this season, it was actually a decent performance, (except for the ref), first day off over the Holiday period, so hopefully can be capped with a win.

Stevenson seemed to lose effectiveness yesterday after what was a horrible follow through by their player, so would be conscious of that before starting him. George Thomas put in a shift would give him another run out, thought Tudgay did alright as well, but will be interesting to see if he can form a partnership with Beavon or not.

skybluepm2

RCC

Sterry (if still available)
Willis
Clarke
Haynes

Jones
Rose
Reilly
Reid

Beavon
Agyei

Buoyed by yesterday's battling performance and how they responded to a week on the training ground with Slade. Hoping for at least a point and looking forward to seeing how the new look Sky Blues come together with the 3 new boys assumedley in the side. Heart says 1-1, head 2-1.

Otis

You have to remember that we only just played on Saturday, so I am sure there will some omissions due to players carrying knocks and slight injuries.

Think there will be some surprises tomorrow. Expect the three new faces anyway, but after that, who knows.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

steve82

---------------Burge------------------
--Willis(c)--Clarke---Turnbull----DKE--
--------------Stevenson----------------
--Thomas---Rose-----Reilly----Reid--
---------------Beavon -----------------

Subs: RCC, Harries, Stokes, Bigirimana, JJ, Tudgay, Agyei

Patched up defence with sterrys loan up(unless extended) page likely injured, plus Haynes still not available I think. Stokes to plug the gap on the bench tho this games too soon.

Otis

Would think that next 3 or 4 games will be too soon.

You can't even put him on the bench after so long out.

steve82

Would think that next 3 or 4 games will be too soon.

You can't even put him on the bench after so long out.

I agree, were struggling to make a defensive bench up tho unless Haynes is close to a return

johnwillomagic

Think we will go 4-4-2.

Burge GK
Sterry RB
Willis CB
Clarke CB
Page LB
Reid LW
Reilly CM
Rose CM
Jones RW
Tudguy ST
Beavon ST

Subs: RCC, Turnbull, DKE, Bigi, Stevenson, Lameiras, G.Thomas

Marty

I feel a 3-0 win, Goal each from the new boys.

Otis

I think win too.

New players in, new confidence.

phildownunder

I think win too.

New players in, new confidence.

That avatar is more like it Otis. If I visit the UK in future could you let me know in advance the names of any clubs that have refused you membership so that I can put them on my visiting list ;)

Glad the club have broken the losing streak. Still think they`ll have their work cut out today with some new players still to bed in and maybe needing to get match fit (Clark in particular). I`ll be well pleased with a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread