Match Thread Coventry v Charlton Match Thread - Friday 14th Apr (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Charlton match, tactics and predictions :)

clint van damme

another home win but ultimately I think this we'll be the weekend relegation is confirmed.

oucho

So after narrowly avoiding being relegated by Charlton 9 years ago, the prospect rears its head again. I can't see us getting through the weekend without being mathematically relegated.

Edgey95

If Gillingham pick up just one point, were relegated, right?

OffenhamSkyBlue

If Gillingham pick up just one point, were relegated, right?
Nope!
Gillingham, Shrewsbury and Bury are all 11 points ahead of us, all with GDs better than ours to the tune of 10-15. If ALL of them get a point or more, we are down (unless we start finding the net a bit more frequently). There are many other scenarios involving Vale (who have a game in hand on everyone), Chesterfield and Swindon, but the answer to your question is no.

But if we don't win, we are down regardless.

Edgey95

Nope!
Gillingham, Shrewsbury and Bury are all 11 points ahead of us, all with GDs better than ours to the tune of 10-15. If ALL of them get a point or more, we are down (unless we start finding the net a bit more frequently). There are many other scenarios involving Vale (who have a game in hand on everyone), Chesterfield and Swindon, but the answer to your question is no.

But if we don't win, we are down regardless.
Even worse then haha!

Paxman II

Another unpredictable game. When will the reality hit home we are relegated and the team have a less than 100% attitude. The cup win is a couple of weeks old now so less buoyancy from that too.
It's all about MR's tbf. Will his motivating skills keep them focused for the fans sake and keep momentum and confidence building for next season?

Monners

Another unpredictable game. When will the reality hit home we are relegated and the team have a less than 100% attitude. The cup win is a couple of weeks old now so less buoyancy from that too.
It's all about MR's tbf. Will his motivating skills keep them focused for the fans sake and keep momentum and confidence building for next season?

Yep, agreed. It's all about having a good finish and a decent build up to next season.

bringbackrattles

Will there be pigs thrown on the pitch like at the Valley game ? Charlton demonstrations have ceased like ours have I see. Not sure if that's good or bad !

letsallsingtogether

Will there be pigs thrown on the pitch like at the Valley game ? Charlton demonstrations have ceased like ours have I see. Not sure if that's good or bad !
Who knows what's in store.
Charton look like they have won their war against their owners.

Yet they are still willing to help us with ours.
They are also taking nothing for granted and are on standby should anything change.

Grendel

Wonderful another protest - with what aim may I dare ask?

letsallsingtogether

Wonderful another protest - with what aim may I dare ask?
Why do you ask nothing has changed as it?
Nor has our aim.
Just decided to continue where we left off, this time there will be no let up we are after the Wolf and the Vixen is next.
We will find the weak spot sooner later.

Captain Dart

no_loyalty

The only changes I would make from Saturday are Stokes for Haynes and Jones for Reid, I'd also remove Tudgay from the match day squad.

I am going for a 2-0 home win, and a stay of execution until Monday with other results going our way

covcity4life

i didnt go saturday but i woudnt drop reid on back of 1 bad game in his recent run

we were always told hes inconsistent, a tad harsh to put it down to wembley being in the past now.

fernandopartridge

Why do you ask nothing has changed as it?
Nor has our aim.
Just decided to continue where we left off, this time there will be no let up we are after the Wolf and the Vixen is next.
We will find the weak spot sooner later.

You assume that Charlton are being sold because of the protests, not because they've got both a willing seller and a willing buyer

OffenhamSkyBlue

Sorry, if you are a winger, you need to be able to out-accelerate the majority of full-backs in your league and tear them a new one, while controlling the ball. Reid may be able to control the ball when it is at his feet, but accelerate he cannot. I really hadn't noticed how slow Reid is until Jones came on at HT last Saturday. And we need a target man in the middle if we are going to be putting crosses in. Beavon has worked his socks off recently, but he ain't a target man.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread