Match Thread Coventry v Chesterfld Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Nov (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Fair enough.

Didn't see you thanking SP though when TM kept us up season before last....

because he put us in trouble.now if tm had got us promoted year after with majority of SP players then i would defintley thank SP

SlowerThanPlatt

Anyone seen much of Maycock who is on the bench?
He's a tough tackling midfielder, no nonsense type but technically good at the same time. It's hard to say how he would compare to our other young midfielders as they are all quite different players. He lacks the physical attributes of Lawton but he is a cleverer player than him. I doubt he will ever have the engine of Lawton but he could become a very talented defensive midfielder in the right system with the other midfielders doing the hard yards for him. He was let go by Birmingham at 16, just like Willis

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

because he put us in trouble.now if tm had got us promoted year after with majority of SP players then i would defintley thank SP

Again, fair enough.

But didn't TM put us in trouble? Surely taking us to the bottom of the table is exactly that? With the same group of players?

I'm not convinced that MV is the answer (after the whole A.Thorn situation) but MV has the same group of players as TM yet he's getting results.

covcity4life

Again, fair enough.

But didn't TM put us in trouble? Surely taking us to the bottom of the table is exactly that? With the same group of players?

I'm not convinced that MV is the answer (after the whole A.Thorn situation) but MV has the same group of players as TM yet he's getting results.

no we wer enever in trouble imo. draws were just seeds that needed sprinkling with some wins :) fact we ar enow 5pts off playoffs shows we were never in a hole or real danger

im trolling a bit with the tm references because some take bait everytime. ill stop. but my final statement is tm was good for us overall and if we get promoted he should be praised too as he assembled the squad and sorted ricoh hoodoo last year and started unbeaten streak this year.. obviously MV should take majority of praise!!!!!!! just save a small % for mogga lol

the end

p.s goodbye tony

p.s.s i will always love you.

JeffB

I am delighted to be proved wrong. They did very well. They have a lot more steel and resolve of late which is great to see.

Hadji10

Am I the only one that thought Willis was very ropey last night?

I know he scored but that's not his job is it?

Hadji10

One bad mistake which should have cost us but burge saved him.
Other than that he was very solid, and is developing into a really good CB.

I thought he was very last ditch all night which worries me. He's a decent player at this level though.

Sbarcher

Well, it's now beyond a coincidence.
Before the Oxford home game I came across a pair of very old Sky Blue grundies at the bottom of my messy drawer. Size 32 and ball crunching. I'm now a sleek 36 so rather tight with wind retention tendencies I thought they might bring good luck. Well last night I wore them for the 3rd time and yet another home win. I'm beginning to walk now in a mincing sort of way but until we lose at home, they will continue to wing their way ever tightly crackwards. The things we do for CCFC.....

Attachments

• IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 22

matesx

Well, it's now beyond a coincidence.
Before the Oxford home game I came across a pair of very old Sky Blue grundies at the bottom of my messy drawer. Size 32 and ball crunching. I'm now a sleek 36 so rather tight with wind retention tendencies I thought they might bring good luck. Well last night I wore them for the 3rd time and yet another home win. I'm beginning to walk now in a mincing sort of way but until we lose at home, they will continue to wing their way ever tightly crackwards. The things we do for CCFC.....

ive been wearing mine all through our 14 match unbeaten home run....starting to stink a bit now mind but they'l only be peeled off when we lose

Grendel

I'm just being honest. Ruben is average. goes missing in lots of games. he's skillfull though which is good. Sordell has never lived up to his potential and although probably looks our best striker i dont think he was what we needed.

Jones I was very excited about when we saw the first glimpses but looks a bit like Ryan Kent as he has no end product at the moment. Bigi is dog shit. McCann is a 6 month loan and he's been alright but nothing to write home about. Rose is a really athletic player who works bloody hard and pops up with the odd goal so he's actually alright. Will never set the world on fire though.

Then you've got last January which i wont even bother going into. Gadzhev also looks crap. Turnball looks crap.

Oh dear The People's Republic of Burendi members on here won't like that.

Grendel

covcity4life

just seen highlights, looks like willis still making lots of sloppy passes. still least hes improving with every game

both finishes lookes quite central, their keeper should have done better perhaps

glad page wont miss a league game

Stafford_SkBlue

"It's now 14 games unbeaten at home for the #SkyBlues, equalling runs set in 1934-35 (Div 3S), 1935-36 (Div 3S) & 1979-80 (Div 1) #PUSB"

Also in 1966/7 we went the last 13 home league games of the season undefeated + first game at home in Div 1 = 14 games as well.

lifeskyblue

After a dreadful first half where we were second best of two very poor sides we improved no end second half. Bigi and Stevenson started to boss the midfield and Reid (especially) and jones began to stretch them wide. But isn't wasn't till sordell and rose were introduced that we looked a threat. Eventually a couple of chances came and we ran out comfortable winners in the end.
Reid and jones have bags of talent but the former beats his man and instead of driving to the box turns back and the latter nearly always comes inside. I would like Venus to work with these two on varying their play as I think they are match winners. Not sure tho we can play both at once as Bigi and Stevenson had to work incredibly hard to cover their deficiencies defensively.
Like many others I think Burge, in first half particularly, had his best and most confident game. I never thought I would say he commanded his area...but last night he did.
The Scunthorpe game will. E a major test to see whether we are destined for midtable or whether we have a chance at the playoffs. Anything but a loss against them will be encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ps1948

However, Evans looked a very good player last night, who gave Willis a real test.....overall I thought Willis handled him pretty well, despite a few last-ditch challenges

vow

Am I the only one that thought Willis was very ropey last night?

I know he scored but that's not his job is it?
I can remember 2 badly mis-placed passes which could have led to goals, but as you say he was blocking most things and last ditch is ok with me.

Last edited:

wingy

I was half expecting him to get some jeers!

This is football fans we speak of!
It's a struggle to get a chant of any sort, the closest to one came when the referee yet again gave nothing for one of their's going through the back of one of ours.
On this occasion it was Bigi, I was disgusting, the first time in about 20 games, ashamed of myself,thought I was cured.

Users who are viewing this thread