Match Thread Coventry v Crawley Match Thread - Wednesday 7th Dec (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I can't believe I'm typing this after witnessing both Varsity debacles, but fair play to the players for getting the win. Shows what a difference having first choice midfielders (Rose/McCann) back. Good to see Thomas get a game and set up the winner too.

dongonzalos

I can't believe I'm typing this after witnessing both Varsity debacles, but fair play to the players for getting the win. Shows what a difference having first choice midfielders (Rose/McCann) back. Good to see Thomas get a game and set up the winner too.

Need a replacement for Mccan sharpish

Bugsy

To be the best we have to beat the best....PUSB

Any one at home, let's have a bit of joy along wiv staying up....PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Bit concerning if Eaden seriously thought that was better than Sunday.

Only positives were we got the win and a goal this time round!

Still think a change is needed before January - waiting til then will only result in us either not being to improve on the existing squad, or bringing in more cast offs that no new manager would want to play but would have to!

Bigi was pretty poor. Rose considering he was out of position offered us something we've missed but when he plays it has to be in the middle. Thomas tried but isn't the answer. McBean, well alotncalled for him to get a start, myself included but he won't be missed the when he departs back to LA in the summer. Turnball still worries me every time the ball goes near him. Last two games especially have shown he isn't up to a standard we need our players! Good that Sordell got himself another goal but other than that finish, which was a 'cannot miss from there' chance, he didn't really offer us much.

One positive was Maycock. Until now I haven't been sure of what he can offer but perhaps league two is where he needs to ply his trade!

dongonzalos

Still think a change is needed before January - waiting til then will only result in us either not being to improve on the existing squad, or bringing in more cast offs that no new manager would want to play but would have to!

Bigi was pretty poor. Rose considering he was out of position offered us something we've missed but when he plays it has to be in the middle. Thomas tried but isn't the answer. McBean, well alotncalled for him to get a start, myself included but he won't be missed the when he departs back to LA in the summer. Turnball still worries me every time the ball goes near him. Last two games especially have shown he isn't up to a standard we need our players! Good that Sordell got himself another goal but other than that finish, which was a 'cannot miss from there' chance, he didn't really offer us much.

One positive was Maycock. Until now I haven't been sure of what he can offer but perhaps league two is where he needs to ply his trade!

Kinda don't like your positive last paragraph!!

Sky Blue Pete

Upset our academy manager near the end of the game by saying that this was the important game and he responded with 'he can't win'

I was pretty frustrated that we had little pattern of play second half and really only maycock had shown any kind of desire.

He was very honest and engaging and to be fair he's done his job in providing many players for the first team over the last few years.

No time for anyone who doesn't make the best of their lot. Venus helping the club out, new manager will come in at some point.

Have to grind out results that's just what it is for us at this moment

Nick

Administrator

I thought McBean had a decent game first half in fairness, he was winning most things, holding it up and laying it off.

We missed McCann when he moved out of the middle, really need him in there.

I didn't think Maycock was that good when he came on! :(

steveo1987

Crap 2nd half so so 1st half.Absolutely right that a positive was the win.We are so open at the back its untrue.

Otis

Doesn't seem that long ago I would have happily have taken CCFC v Brighton in a cup draw with 3 games to Wembley.

Now we are hoping we don't get drawn against their Under 23's

:(
Actually it's 4 matches, but yeah. Three ties, but one being a two legged affair a la Crewe. Hopefully not the same scenario unfolding.

Otis

Just shows the importance of the trophy though. Still three ties to complete this current round. Walsall play Oldham next week, then there is Southampton v Reading on the 21st December and then there's Leicester v Cheltenham, which is not until 10th Jan.

Next round is 17th Jan.

speedie87

Rcc 7 not much to do good save in the one v one second half
Rose 6
Willis 7
Turnbull 7
Page 7
Bigi 5
McCann 7
Jones 5
Sordell 6
Mcbean 6 but he's a proper donkey