Match Thread Coventry v Fleetwood Match Thread - Saturday 21st Jan (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Rose has a really fucked up accent. I expected it, what being born in Australia and living in America, but it's the first time I've actually heard him I think.

davebart

Fleetwood are a good side lets be honest. They are 4th. They have had some great results.

Fleetwood have 46 points from 27 games. that is equal to 30 points from 19 games. ie the number of points we need to be safe.

So we have to be as good as Fleetwood for the entire rest of the season to stay up.

stupot07

Budget for players cut by £400 K or more over last two seasons yet turnover appears steady.
Looking a perfect fit for L2 football @ the Butts without any upgrading required.
The butts isn't big enough to comply with FL rules, so would need upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well once again im feeling really shit (no autocorrect needed this time) after watching city play.

Our shape from the off suggested we would have been happy with a 0-0 draw. Our performance over the 90 sugggested we didn't change that mentality.

Our best effort was a lucky cross come shot that the keeper had to backtrack to keep out. Apart from that, OK, Reilly hit the post, but what else did we create?

How so many managers haven't spottted we need an experienced keeper is beyond me.

Stevenson was poor. I hope Brentford watched today to see he's not the finished article, by far (still like him and want him to stay mind).

Turnball worries me even when he's not on the ball. Felt for Clarke today having to play between him and the new Lad, whose only a kid himself.

Willis should never play anywhere other than CB. Yes, we were / are desperate but this isn't a time for playing players out of position and hoping it works out for the best

Pitch was shit. How is that a suitable surface for both football and rugby! Sunday league park pitches are in better condition.

Desperately need to get this new striker in. If he's not in by Tuesday, together with Beavon getting an injury today, I'd have to say we need to give Ponticelli (that his name?) a shot. If Thomas can get a go after he didn't score as many in the academy as Ponticelli did, we should take the risk, even if the Wembley trip is out at risk. Can't make do with makeshift strikers like we did with Jones today.

Paxman II

Linnell being very unprofessional. Sating we are relegated for sure. Why don't you incite violence while you're at it! Its not his job to form personal opinion but to allow the fans to state theirs. He's not there to shape peoples thoughts.

clint van damme

Linnell being very unprofessional. Sating we are relegated for sure. Why don't you incite violence while you're at it! Its not his job to form personal opinion but to allow the fans to state theirs. He's not there to shape peoples thoughts.

I doubt anyone who was there today thinks any differently.

Otis

He's not wrong though.

stupot07

FL rules. Lol

Lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol.

LOL!
I know, but when you have other options like sixfields, etc I don't think this is one they would budge on , for safety reasons etc. For us it would be 5k capacity with 2k seating minimum. BPA without upgrading doesn't even me the requitements for new teams entering the football league - it only holds 3k, so would require upgrading.

d583c5546098083b70b3182112e38e9c.jpg

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In fairness to him, he isn't shaping my thoughts. I already think we are relegated, and thought so as early as the close of pre-season.

He clearly likes the club and feels as shit about it as we do, so I don't you can't knock him for that. For once I'd actually say I don't give a shit about professionalism from the BBC, we need honesty.

clint van damme

I can't remember a time when I've been so bemused by team selection and shape.
I'm normally quite optimistic but I'm resigned to the fact that I will be watching league 2 football next year.
That's was abject.

Otis

I can't remember a time when I've been so bemused my team selection and shape.
I'm normally quite optimistic but I'm resigned to the fact that I will be watching league 2 football next year.
That's was abject.
Rose and Jones up front second half.

Lol.

Lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol, lol.

LOL

Paxman II

He's not wrong though.
Well in truth we don't know that do we Otis? That's the point. If it were true well we all might as well stop listening, go home and not attend any more games.
It may look bad but its not his job to make fans feel even worse.

clint van damme

Well in truth we don't know that do we Otis? That's the point. If it were true well we all might as well stop listening, go home and not attend any more games.

We had CWR on on the way home. I can assure you that not one of us were made to feel any worse listening to what Linnell had to say.
If you want to level charges of making Coventry supporters feel bad and inciting violence you could start with Russell Slade.

lifeskyblue

Why oh why do we persist in lumping the ball high when first half it was beavon and Thomas up front and towards the end jones and lameiries.
Woeful football and I'm afraid league two might be a struggle next season with these players.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

He's not wrong.

We need 10 wins from 19 games, after getting just 4 wins in 27 games.

Not going to happen. We haven't got the money to strengthen to the degree we need to strengthen and the squad has problems all over the park and still notably in defence, despite the so called strengthening.

We desperately need a striker and the midfield has been all wrong all season and continues to be lacking.

Just too many problems all over the place.

Not scoring one end, letting silly goals in the other.That points to just one thing.

If we had some money to splash about then yep, maybe we could bring in enough quality to get us out of this, but we all know that is not going to happen.

Relegated. Sad, but true.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's not wrong.

We need 10 wins from 19 games, after getting just 4 wins in 27 games.

Not going to happen. We haven't got the money to strengthen to the degree we need to strengthen and the squad has problems all over the park and still notably in defence, despite the so called strengthening.

We desperately need a striker and the midfield has been all wrong all season and continues to be lacking.

Just too many problems all over the place.

Not scoring one end, letting silly goals in the other.That points to just one thing.

If we had some money to splash about then yep, maybe we could bring in enough quality to get us out of this, but we all know that is not going to happen.

Relegated. Sad, but true.

Spot on. True words about the midfield too.

I think League 2 is inevitable. What worries me is what might be beyond that...

Gaz71

Why doesn't Slade like using Subs?

At half time their subs were warming up, stretching etc and ours were fucking about. Hardly see ours through the game.

I noticed that they had a coach with there subs putting them through drills and ours just amble around pinging the ball around, how they prepared before and during the game made it look like we were playing a team from a higher division

Gazolba

Three of the last four league games we have conceded in the last minute.

Cost us 5 points.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
When is the last time we won by scoring on or after the 90th minute?

Jimmy Hill's Chin

With respect, you are delusional. Not a dog in hell's chance we get out of this with this bunch of losers who clearly neither have the ability nor the fight to get out of this.

Captain Dart

I know, but when you have other options like sixfields, etc I don't think this is one they would budge on , for safety reasons etc. For us it would be 5k capacity with 2k seating minimum. BPA without upgrading doesn't even me the requitements for new teams entering the football league - it only holds 3k, so would require upgrading.

d583c5546098083b70b3182112e38e9c.jpg

Yeah it will be Cov Rugby clubs fault for not upgrading it.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

It's non league.

Just do a Wiki check like I did.
It is a total joke that a club representing a top 10 English city of around 330,000 people will be mixing it with teams from market towns with less than a tenth of Coventry's population in the non League shortly.

Captain Dart

I thought for a brief period when Slade's transfers seemed to be going well that we could claw our way out, but the last 2 games have shown that he is no more effective than Mowbray or Venus, in fact possibly worse than either of them. I think very few people hold a different opinion to what Linnell said, he isn't exactly being controversial, in fact he would have some difficulty in finding anyone who expressed a different view.

SKYBLUES90

It is a total joke that a club representing a top 10 English city of around 330,000 people will be mixing it with teams from market towns with less than a tenth of Coventry's population in the non League shortly.

What's even more of a joke is a city of 330,000, a team that has had 30 odd thousand watch them play chelsea in the FA Cup, Crewe in the JPT semi final can only get 20,000 people sign a petition to try get rid of SISU.

Even our own fans can't be arsed anymore.

Sums our city up unfortunately

Jimmy Hill's Chin

I thought for a brief period when Slade's transfers seemed to be going well that we could claw our way out, but the last 2 games have shown that he is no more effective than Mowbray or Venus, in fact possibly worse than either of them. I think very few people hold a different opinion to what Linnell said, he isn't exactly being controversial, in fact he would have some difficulty in finding anyone who expressed a different view.

The only one of the three who have managed any league wins this season is Venus and yet he gets more criticism than the others.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

What's even more of a joke is a city of 330,000, a team that has had 30 odd thousand watch them play chelsea in the FA Cup, Crewe in the JPT semi final can only get 20,000 people sign a petition to try get rid of SISU.

I now consider myself a lapsed City fan. Had a season ticket for 22 years from the age of six but haven't been to a game in four years. I do live 100 miles from Coventry. Bottom line is it's not recognisable as being the same club as it was pre-SISU and it's no longer enjoyable. As sacrilegious as these may sound I'm increasingly planning to follow other teams.

dadgad

Our potential fan base though IS the club. It isn't the ground, (obviously) it isn't the team, management or owners.
We do have a huge amount of unrealised potential however, nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread