Match Thread Coventry v Millwall Match Thread - Saturday 4th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Millwall match, tactics and predictions :)

lifeskyblue

Unsettled team (Willis and Stevenson gone), unsettled fans, unsettled club. Playing hoofball to wee George Thomas...and defensively still all at sea. Can't see us winning but with millwall focussed hopefully on the cup I will go for a 1-1 draw with city fans more frustrated than ever

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sub

another loss 1-3 and a pitch invasion and trouble in the stands :stop::stop::stop:

Suffolkskyblue

Luckily I'm working for this one! Even though I'm a ST holder I couldn't be arsed to get someone to swap with me so I could go. Says it all really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Starting to hope we lose so it's all over with quicker. So we will probably win thanks to CCFCs version of Murphys Law.

SkyBlueCharlie

Having not lost our better players (???) in the window I'm hoping that they will step up and make a real game of this. Would be satisfied with a draw to be honest but wouldn't be suprised if we get the win, sod'd law and all that.

lifeskyblue

Even with us keeping all our youngsters (I was wrong earlier re willing and Stevenson) I will be pleasantly surprised if we do better than a draw

PUSB

sky blue john

If we turn the signs around on all the roads leading to Cov, they might miss the kick off and we get three points by default.

Evo1883

Coventry go a goal up early (within 20) we then inevitably try and defend this lead whilst playing long ball counter football all game hoping for a second , resulting in the midfield and defence being under constant pressure for large parts .
We inevitably concede and collapse to Lose 3-1

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

It would be really nice to see RS play our best side for a few games, try and get a settled starting line-up that we can recognise as being our preferred team. Back to basics 4-4-2, prioritise organisation and no-nonsense defending at the back with 2 up front all game. None of this playing 3-5-2 to match up the oppo, why can't we focus on our strengths and play to our gameplan?

Obviously doing that is pretty tough when you haven't won in months and managers will naturally make changes to find a winning combination. Still feel we've never really had a consistent lineup all season (or last season really), always so many changes especially with the wide players and strikers.

Christ knows what team he'll play in reality, though I'd like to see:

RCC

DKE (assuming Foley is still injured)
Clarke
Rawson
Haynes

G Thomas
Stevenson
Rose
Reid

Vernam
Beavon

Burge, Harries, Bigi, Reilly, Jones, Tudgay, Folivi

Sacking off Turnbull, Gadzhev and Lameiras entirely.

SkyBlueCharlie

2-0 loss. 27 flares. 3 pitch invasions.
I hope not, particularly the flares etc. We need a supportive atmosphere in the ground rather than an antagonistic one. Contrary to some peoples' opinion I cannot agree that the players are not affected by things such as flares and pitch invasions, they are only human after all.

Last edited:

Mcbean

Yes no pitch invasion win 2 -0 , pitch invasion loss 3-0 - further punishment all bans extended by one match - could have a game behind closed doors - good for the idiots

no_loyalty

A 3-1 defeat with a Lee Gregory or Steve Morrison hat trick

Otis

Millwall play tonight.

Hopefully they all come down with injuries or fatigue.

Brylowes

0 - 2 loss, but a winning day for Coventry burglars as every available copper will
Be reminiscing about the 1980s down at the Ricoh.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would go for this side

Rcc

Willis as Foley is a bit of a crock
Haynes no other choice
Derby bloke
Clarke

Reid
Stevenson
Bigi if fit if not Gadzhev
Jones

Beavon
Other Derby bloke

Subs

Burge
George Thomas
Folivi
And others

Play 442 and have a go at them and tell Tudgay that you have a crucial job for him to do something like digging a hole in his garden.

Play real attacking football not this boring defensive and long ball garbage.

ccfc92

(As I have Millwall in my acca tonight) Hopefully, a hard fought win for them tonight, so they're nice and tired for Saturday :)

mrtrench

Tactics: run really really fast, dodge tackles and shoot accurately. Play 10 up front. We're going to concede 3 or 4 anyway so may as well score 5.

no_loyalty

I would go for this side

Rcc

Willis as Foley is a bit of a crock
Haynes no other choice
Derby bloke
Clarke

Reid
Stevenson
Bigi if fit if not Gadzhev
Jones

Beavon
Other Derby bloke

Subs

Burge
George Thomas
Folivi
And others

Play 442 and have a go at them and tell Tudgay that you have a crucial job for him to do something like digging a hole in his garden.

Play real attacking football not this boring defensive and long ball garbage.

Willis is suspended

Users who are viewing this thread