Match Thread Coventry v Millwall Match Thread - Saturday 4th Feb (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Tactics today were wrong. The starting XI were wrong. The lack of reaction to goals/play was wrong.

There's a theme and there's only one constant throughout.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not even brought my oldham or Wimbledon tickets yet. Main reason is because Ticket Master won't let me select where I want to sit and I don't want the front rows they are offering (although I guess it'll be sit where you want as we aren't likely to take that many, or people will sit where they want anyway) but perhaps that's just a smokescreen? Because after that I do find myself thinking 'why bother?'. If the players cba why should I?

Most likely I'll be reporting back next Saturday and Tuesday however so don't fret ;)

Otis

Says the guy blaming another manager for current manages poor run despite fact venus did better picking up poeces of this oh so twrrible squad
It has been a terrible squad.

No-one in their right minds could argue against that surely!

Sky Blue Pete

Neil was excellent on the phone in and I tried to make my point without swearing or. breaking down out of frustration.

There is 0% of us staying up and when we go down 0% chance of us competing.

There really must be a concerted effort to ensure all discussions are about what matters. Judicial review? Where are we going to play the season after next? Why are the club not doing anything to meet the supporters needs to give a vision for the community to get behind and be a part of?

It's all break even break even which as Neil says is easy just spend nothing and get nothing. It takes balls (not tennis balls) and a plan to excite people to get behind and support.

They've systematically raped our club and It's my and our club not theirs.

stevefloyd

To the voices in his head, yes.

I know Sisu are parasites and the devil incarnate, but on top of that, Mowbray was shite, Venus was shite and now Slade is looking shite too.

Poor recruitment, bad management all round.
Totally agree and all the recent managers were shit as well..I don't know where it will all end, its so frustrating because all I want is for our club to be competitive but thats not even the case now, we can't score goals and just about everybody to a man who posts on here will say what players we needed but the club keep picking these managers ...they can't be all bloody blind or they that far up their own arses that they see no light????????

oucho

So still no win in the league since 1st November. Last week i accepted to myself that we are going to down. Now I'm starting to think we'll do a Derby 2007/08 and go down in flames. Relegation seems unavoidable but for our own sense of pride we need to pull out of this nosedive and at least try and steady the ship while it sinks....

Otis

Totally agree and all the recent managers were shit as well..I don't know where it will all end, its so frustrating because all I want is for our club to be competitive but thats not even the case now, we can't score goals and just about everybody to a man who posts on here will say what players we needed but the club keep picking these managers ...they can't be all bloody blind or they that far up their own arses that they see no light????????
Unless we accept that we had the bottom of the table budget, much worse that everyone elses (which no-one is saying), then something is radically wrong.

Bradford fans warned us about Kyel Reid for instance. Lots of trickery and skill but can't put a good cross in and no end product.

We recruited really badly and put together a relegation team.

Mowbray had lost his way and he had accepted that. Started off well under Venus, but he was ultimately clueless and I think Slade's main problem is in trying to get this team playing a brand of football they are ill-equipped to play.

Been an all round disaster and no-one has come out of this looking good at all.

shmmeee

Maybe the set up of the club just isn't conducive to success?

Whether it's wage negotiations, poor facilities or just a general feeling of crapness around the club, maybe all managers hands are tied? And if not something is wrong with the manager recruitment process.

How you can seriously say a manager who got us to top of the league a year ago suddenly forgot how to manage? And not simply that they had their legs cut from under them.

Tl;dr - blaming managers becomes silly at some point.

Paxman II

So still no win in the league since 1st November. Last week i accepted to myself that we are going to down. Now I'm starting to think we'll do a Derby 2007/08 and go down in flames. Relegation seems unavoidable but for our own sense of pride we need to pull out of this nosedive and at least try and steady the ship while it sinks....
You can't steady a sinking ship. First you have to repair the holes,change the captain at the helm who drove it into the rocks and then fight like hell to keep it afloat until you find a new port and investment to rebuild.

stevefloyd

Unless we accept that we had the bottom of the table budget, much worse that everyone elses (which no-one is saying), then something is radically wrong.

Bradford fans warned us about Kyel Reid for instance. Lots of trickery and skill but can't put a good cross in and no end product.

Mowbray had lost his way and he had accepted that. Started off well under Venus, but he was ultimately clueless and I think Slade's main problem is in trying to get this team playing a brand of football they are ill-equipped to play.

But Slade could have added the players he needed to play the style of football but he didn't, I just cannot understand why so many managers recruitment here is so bad... they supposed to professionals but they look like they are not even amateurs, If I was a football scout I would firstly look to see how they influenced/controlled the game, could they tackle could they pass, are they speedy, hows their 1st touch, hows their awareness to players around them, do they bring thie team mates into the game, do they give the ball away or how accurate is their passing, can they deliver a killer pass, can they cross the ball, are they composed on the ball...now I played Saturday amateur football and sunday league, I was an ok player and managed for several years now surely if I can put that together in 5 minutes these clueless twats can surely put something together equalling or bettering that FFS

oucho

Indeed Otis but it is definitely time to stop blaming Mowbray. It is a 46 game season and he managed us in ten of them. We were in touch at the start of January and we had time to strengthen then. I thought TM leaving was the right thing to do, as it would give us enough time to get ourselves sorted; how wrong I was.

stevefloyd

Maybe the set up of the club just isn't conducive to success?

Whether it's wage negotiations, poor facilities or just a general feeling of crapness around the club, maybe all managers hands are tied? And if not something is wrong with the manager recruitment process.

How you can seriously say a manager who got us to top of the league a year ago suddenly forgot how to manage? And not simply that they had their legs cut from under them.

Tl;dr - blaming managers becomes silly at some point.
Because he had the previous managers team with a few additions it all fell to pieces when he tried to build his own team and fucking failed miserably leaving us this pile of shit

Otis

So now you agree you cant blame 1 manager for religation

Finally
I have never, ever said that just one person is to blame.

Finally? You are being a complete idiot.

You please show me one post anywhere where I said only Mowbray is to blame?

Just one single one .... Go on.......

Oops, no that's right, you can't, cos I need ever said it.

You are on Spinal Tap WUM 11 lately.

lifeskyblue

It gets worse by the match. We look so fragile, we look so toothless, we look to be frightened of the ball. A very poor few weeks...get near easily and don't look capable of turning it round. Slade is worse than Venus or Mowbray...shipping more goals and scoring less....and football is garbage.

PUSB

The Reverend Skyblue

Fisher you massive c**t, i'm going to get bloody drunk again to help heal the pain I'm in ,because of your bloody incompetence.
I'm going to fucking hate you even more in the morning you bastard

Nick

Administrator
The first bit up until their goal we were passing well I thought and looked the better team.

Ash

It really is bleak isn't it?! My first game was 'that boxing day' match in '99 against Arsenal. I was hooked ever since. The whole experience was magical, and as a young kid at the time I couldn't have asked for any more. I've seen my fair amount of great games and absolute shite in the time since, but there was always the sense of blind optimism going into every game, no matter how bad it had been the week(s) before.

I can honestly say that I no longer have that feeling going into any game anymore. The recruitment in the summer was a joke, TM's lack of knowledge of how to fix the on field dross was equally a joke, MV's car crash of a tenure (bar his first few games) has sucked all the confidence out of the players and RS's failure to lift said confidence during his short spell here along with some more dreadful loan players has all but killed the season off and resigned us to an early L2 relegation.

I feel sick to my stomach with it all, but not half as much as I do with the cancerous organisation that is SISU. They have systematically reduced our once proud club to a weak, pathetic and hopeless shell. I honestly don't know where we can possibly go from here, I've never experienced such a desperate and depressing situation!

I was eleven in 87

Whether the protest at this game was right or wrong is open to debate depending what 'side' you are on.
However even Slade and Rawson said the same thing.
The two goals had absolutely nothing to do with protests, it came about because players did not do the basic jobs that they are supposed to do!!!!

Otis

Indeed Otis but it is definitely time to stop blaming Mowbray. It is a 46 game season and he managed us in ten of them. We were in touch at the start of January and we had time to strengthen then. I thought TM leaving was the right thing to do, as it would give us enough time to get ourselves sorted; how wrong I was.
But I have never ever just blamed Mowbray. I have merely said his and Venus's recruitment was a disaster and they built a team that couldn't cope in this division.

It is obviously not just Mowbray's fault and I have always said that.

The one thread I made on the matter about would we consider him going down historically as one of our worst managers was merely based statistically in terms of taking us from certain play-offs to bottom of the table.

It is not just Mowbray's fault and now it looks like Slade was the wrong man to come in for this situation we found ourselves in.

covcity4life

But I have never ever just blamed Mowbray. I have merely said his and Venus's recruitment was a disaster and they built a team that couldn't cope in this division.

It is obviously not just Mowbray's fault and I have always said that.

The one thread I made on the matter about would we consider him going down historically as one of our worst managers was merely based statistically in terms of taking us from certain play-offs to bottom of the table.

It is not just Mowbray's fault and now it looks like Slade was the wrong man to come in for this situation we found ourselves in.

Obvoisly not all mowbrays faukt but i set up a thread asking if hes the worst manager ever anyway

Hahaha

The Lurker

How can anyone after today say we're staying up? It's been on the cards for weeks yet still deluded fans think we're okay. I hate the mess we're in and enough is enough. Protests are the way forward

Paxman II

Well we can stay up. But it requires a turnaround that looks unlikely under Slade. he has been an abject failure so far. Regardless of Fisher/SISU he has a good enough squad even if they don't look like it now. His recruitment has not improved us but worsened us. He has failed to create a side that looks like winning. that's the managers job. I think he has been found wanting tbh and I'm so surprised as I thought he was the guy that would at least get us safe. Picking a side that plays to our strengths and not so much to neutralise the opposition would be a good positive.
Football has a funny way of changing and I'm hoping we get some of that from here on in. Whether a fluky win that turns the tide or a cup final to lift the spirit lets hope we get some.

Monners

What a silly place this forum is. It's the fans fault, which manager is most to blame, the players should be more nasty, fans are hurting CCFC not hurting Sisu etc...

Everybody and their brother knows that Sisu are killing the club and simply don't care. They have to go or our club is dead. And until football governance and rules change (looks like even some politicians get that it isn't the fans fault) then this will happen to others. I have had enough - beer time. Oh yeah, fuck Wembley by the way.

c**t arse fanny bollocks shit!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread