Match Thread Coventry v Millwall Match Thread - Saturday 4th Feb (1 Viewer)

Otis

Stop biting Otis! :p
Yeah, I should. He is WUM central.

The constant misquotes are are dead giveaway.

I am remarkably cheerful tonight to be honest. Sort of resigned to our demise, so doesn't really bother me to lose.

Just wish there was a little light at the end of the tunnel. Doesn't look that way though. Doesn't even look like we can even see the tunnel to find the light. :(

robbiekeane

We are 1/5 odds on to go down on sky bet.

Close the curtains. I think I need to find another sport to be passionate about

The Prefect

We shouldn't lose sight of what SISU are. They are a 'hedge fund' - such funds make money on the down as well as the up.

I believed we were relegated from the Championship deliberately in order to distress ACL and pick up the stadium for nothing. We all know how that back fired.

In the current situation getting the club relegated (perhaps by two divisions) will mean the stadium issue is easier to resolve. in the meantime they will sell the better players to keep going.

I haven't seen many games this season but feedback here is we would struggle in League 2. Don't be surprised if that is the plan.

SkyblueBazza

I would support a fund to target sisu and Tim fisher with an aim to remove them from our club.
I gave my suggestions a week ago and I am prepared to be part of intelligent and legal protests to save Coventry City.
I have been willing to give them a chance over the years to redeem themselves but they have shown no desire to engage or listen to the logical argument.
50 years of supporting my team is not going to be given up for this stain on the history of the Sky Blues.
I can take defeat in a contest between two teams and rationalize it if not like it but what they are doing is nothing short of destroying by choice, laughing in the face of lifelong fans who care a damn sight more about the future than they do.
Asset stripping is what to all intent & purpose they have done...so maybe that is a start?
I mean let's face it...put this lot in charge of Buck House & the queen would be doing her own washing up in a rented room in the basement while they rent the rest out

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Otis

He did say 'statistically'.
Just like statistically Sam Alladyce is England's best ever, & never to be beaten, manager

Allardyce will go down as one of England's best managers ever for sure.

I would say

Ramsey
Allardyce
Robson

Grendel

How you can seriously say a manager who got us to top of the league a year ago suddenly forgot how to manage? And not simply that they had their legs cut from under them.

Tl;dr - blaming managers becomes silly at some point.

Well I am sure sisu were not owning another club that suffered a similar fate under Mowbray.

Sky Blue Pete

What a silly place this forum is. It's the fans fault, which manager is most to blame, the players should be more nasty, fans are hurting CCFC not hurting Sisu etc...

Everybody and their brother knows that Sisu are killing the club and simply don't care. They have to go or our club is dead. And until football governance and rules change (looks like even some politicians get that it isn't the fans fault) then this will happen to others. I have had enough - beer time. Oh yeah, fuck Wembley by the way.

c**t arse fanny bollocks shit!
Absolutely

SkyblueBazza

Allardyce will go down as one of England's best managers ever for sure.

I would say

Ramsey
Allardyce
Robson
Now you're not talking statistics though...in which case Allardyce never had long enough to prove himself. Ramsey - yes, Robson - yes...after that Keegan at least bought in some entertainment & excitement...or maybe even Sven purely for that 1-5 win over Germany

covcity4life

He did say 'statistically'.
Just like statistically Sam Alladyce is England's best ever, & never to be beaten, manager

Statistically woulf still be wrong
Yeah, I should. He is WUM central.

The constant misquotes are are dead giveaway.

I am remarkably cheerful tonight to be honest. Sort of resigned to our demise, so doesn't really bother me to lose.

Just wish there was a little light at the end of the tunnel. Doesn't look that way though. Doesn't even look like we can even see the tunnel to find the light. :(

Even other posters are telling you to quit blaming mowbray now

Otis

Statistically woulf still be wrong

Even other posters are telling you to quit blaming mowbray now
But I haven't just blamed Mowbray.

Also, can I just ask how many people have asked you to give it a rest on the Mowbray thing?

lifeskyblue

Personally I wasn't upset when Mowbray walked. I thought he had done the decent thing after a poor start to the season following awful recruitment.
But I have to say I wish he was still here now. At least we would be going down playing some reasonable football. Instead we are conceding bucetliads and playing tiresome hoofball to to the smallest strikers in the league

PUSB

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Oh, come on!!

Come on, come on. Come on come on. Come on, come on, come on (I say)

Repeat.
D'you wanna be in my gang , my gang , my gang , D'you wanna be my gang , Oh Yeah !
I'm the leader , I'm the leader , I'm the leader of the gang I am . :emoji_sunglasses:

trevelfarandwide

Seriously pig sick of this now, it's an embarrassment to us all. Our club has lost it's home, it's identity, it's status, it's spirit and it's fucking dignity.

Fisher and that rotten hag Joy are rubbing their sweaty little paws at this, since we're now doomed to almost certain relegation, they can cut operational costs even more next season. Who cares if the fall doesn't end in L2? Great, Tim, Conference footy is even less of a financial burden, bring it on!

This has to end. We're going down, and the momentum of the drop will not stop in L2, at this rate. These scumbags have to driven out, somehow.

davebart

To be honest I don't know why anyone would want to be a manager nowadays. The players are totally spoilt. over paid and indulged. It is like herding cats.

For me the players need to take most of the flak.

steve82

To be honest I don't know why anyone would want to be a manager nowadays. The players are totally spoilt. over paid and indulged. It is like herding cats.

For me the players need to take most of the flak.

Very true... the manager always takes the flack. But it is in fact the players that are accountable for there contributions for each half.
You can brief a player all you want, prepare a team all week and ultimately if the player don't give 100% to the cause and makes mistakes, switches off.
Players need to be more accountable.

colin101

There is always a little gem to be happy about, we were awful today but Bovril is back on sale at the Bars PUSB

The Reverend Skyblue

What a silly place this forum is. It's the fans fault, which manager is most to blame, the players should be more nasty, fans are hurting CCFC not hurting Sisu etc...

Everybody and their brother knows that Sisu are killing the club and simply don't care. They have to go or our club is dead. And until football governance and rules change (looks like even some politicians get that it isn't the fans fault) then this will happen to others. I have had enough - beer time. Oh yeah, fuck Wembley by the way.

c**t arse fanny bollocks shit!
I think Nick should create a special thread banned to anyone under 18 where we can all go and vent our spleen with a few swear words. No word banned so you can really let all the angst out.
I've never sweared so much as I have these last few months.
Got to go , already on my fourth fucking Hobgoblin , and there's plenty more where they fucking came from.
There I go again sorry about that

Otis

Personally I wasn't upset when Mowbray walked. I thought he had done the decent thing after a poor start to the season following awful recruitment.
But I have to say I wish he was still here now. At least we would be going down playing some reasonable football. Instead we are conceding bucetliads and playing tiresome hoofball to to the smallest strikers in the league

PUSB
Yep, agree with that.

At least with TM we would have tried to play good football.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just what wages are the team on individually? I'd love to earn what they do. Mind you, if I fucked up at work (like they do) I'd be sacked and would find it hard to find another job! They should be made to take most of the blame! Shower of shite!! No pride any more!!!

Monners

I think Nick should create a special thread banned to anyone under 18 where we can all go and vent our spleen with a few swear words. No word banned so you can really let all the angst out.
I've never sweared so much as I have these last few months.
Got to go , already on my fourth fucking Hobgoblin , and there's plenty more where they fucking came from.
There I go again sorry about that
It's a thought - I am not generally the angry sweary type, and thankfully have calmed somewhat.

Drinking merlot now whilst watching The Empire Strikes Back - interesting choice of film under the circumstances.

Buttocks

Users who are viewing this thread