Match Thread Coventry v Oxford Utd Match Thread - Tuesday 18th Oct (1 Viewer)

oucho

On to Rochdale...or not??

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good performance, still look bad defensively but we were good with the ball, bitterly disappointing to concede the late goal. Lots of good one and two touch stuff and we should have scored more.

As a side note, what is the point in tudgay, came on and gave the ball away every time. Failed to convert a sordell cross from 3 yards out and was responsible for the goal conceded.

robbiekeane

Good performance, still look bad defensively but we were good with the ball, bitterly disappointing to concede the late goal. Lots of good one and two touch stuff and we should have scored more.

As a side note, what is the point in tudgay, came on and gave the ball away every time. Failed to convert a sordell cross from 3 yards out and was responsible for the goal conceded.i t
Why The hell mowbray kept him on the books and let Vincelot and martin go is beyond me

clint van damme

Stevenson easily MOTM. Strange game but 3 welcome points.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

he was immense, a far superior player to Maddison, (albeit a different type of player), I'll be shocked if he's here at the end of January.

clint van damme

Sordell played really well I thought, really good feet
thought him and Agyei played well individually but not as a pair.

I'd like them to get more time together and hopefully develop a partnership.

Thought Lamieras played really well as well. Don't know why he decided to come wandering onto our left just before the opening goal but he beat two men and kept the ball alive which ultimately lead to Stevensons goal.

KG7

Funny, I thought Agyei was dogshit tonight and at least a second behind the play. Sordell was solid. He works hard on that wing and has one hell of a cross on him for a centre forward. Stevenson was a class above. Too good for us I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Funny, I thought Agyei was dogshit tonight and at least a second behind the play. Sordell was solid. He works hard on that wing and has one hell of a cross on him for a centre forward. Stevenson was a class above. Too good for us I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also thought Agyei was awful, our worst player by a mile. His movement is shocking, and most of his good play came when he missed controlled itm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
thought him and Agyei played well individually but not as a pair.

I'd like them to get more time together and hopefully develop a partnership.

Thought Lamieras played really well as well. Don't know why he decided to come wandering onto our left just before the opening goal but he beat two men and kept the ball alive which ultimately lead to Stevensons goal.

Almost liked this post until you mentioned Ruben :(

I thought he was pretty poor tonight. We used him quite a lot but bar a few fortunate times, he just seemed to run into his man.

He's such a frustrating player and could be so good.

Do agree about Agyei and Sordell however. Good individual performances although Sordell isn't a winger (but put our best cross into the box late on but Tudgay couldn't convert) but couldn't quite do it as a pair

clint van damme

Almost liked this post until you mentioned Ruben :(

I thought he was pretty poor tonight. We used him quite a lot but bar a few fortunate times, he just seemed to run into his man.

He's such a frustrating player and could be so good.

Do agree about Agyei and Sordell however. Good individual performances although Sordell isn't a winger (but put our best cross into the box late on but Tudgay couldn't convert) but couldn't quite do it as a pair
Tudgay was shocking, he's quite clearly finished, giving him a contract was a mistake.I like the guy but it's time to pack it in.

Johnnythespider

Well that's a nice feeling, a home win and a young gem in Stevenson. I hope we can hang on to him for at least the rest of the season, he has the potential to be a very good player.

Hadji10

Two Cov kids scoring tonight? Stevenson and Crowley?

Stevenson is from Leicester.

So when he's sold against his wishes he will be slated 10x worse than what Maddison was?

Good performance tonight, Sordell and Stevenson shone. We still need a dominant centre back though. Ropey as fuck at times. Thought Burge was excellent too.

clint van damme

So when he's sold against his wishes he will be slated 10x worse than what Maddison was?

Good performance tonight, Sordell and Stevenson shone. We still need a dominant centre back though. Ropey as fuck at times. Thought Burge was excellent too.
You can't help yourself can you mate?!:p

skybluepm2

I thought I'd be just generally relieved if we won tonight, but the optimism has crept back in again as it did after the superb performance at Port Vale. Being 2-0 up and comfortable at Half Time was a nice feeling, particularly in the way we went about doing it. Some of the passing and movement was a joy to watch at times, I just fear consistency may hinder our season. In Sordell, I genuinely believe that he is someone to go and grab us 15 goals plus if he stays fit, plus we had Reid, Jones and Wright on the bench tonight and let's not forget Kwame Thomas if he ever makes a return. Defensively we were solid and it was so frustrating conceding at the death. We desperately need an experienced keeper as our priority in January.

Another 3 points on Saturday would be an enormous boost to the club but well done tonight City, spot on

skybluepm2

Can't help dangling that Lee Burge carrot hey? Agree with your Sordell and Stevenson comments though.

Hadji10

Venus pressing game plan works very well for 60 mins but we seem to die a bit of a slow death. We need to do some extra fitness sessions. The ability is there, we weaved some lovely moves together at times, but we faded quite badly after 65 mins.

Nick

Administrator
Venus pressing game plan works very well for 60 mins but we seem to die a bit of a slow death. We need to do some extra fitness sessions. The ability is there, we weaved some lovely moves together at times, but we faded quite badly after 65 mins.
He could chuck rose in there, mccann was pressing and getting forward a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread