Match Thread Coventry v Peterboro. Match Thread - Saturday 8th Apr (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It's gonna take more from him to convince me he's not crap but today was a really positive performance

It's funny but Slade always wanted attacking full backs as did Mowbray and Venus.

Robins really plays an old fashioned back like. Yes they get forward but they hold their line - he was far less complimentary about Haynes.

mds

Good game and performance, fully deserved the points, its amazing the difference an organised manager can make, a mediocre squad starting to look like a decent team that can play football, couldnt of said that a month ago. An amazing transformation, especially in Burge, starting to look like a decent keeper, a lot more confident, the Robins effect?
Cracking atmosphere, none stop from start to finish, a pleasure to be in amongst it and a pleasure to watch the team playing the way they did today.

no_loyalty

Another good team performance today, the majority of players put in a good shift, Bigi was my man of the match today, he was everywhere. Good HT substitution by Robins, Reid was having an awful game.

letsallsingtogether

Well it was a tame header - but it's a good tactic set the bar so low a competent game looks exceptional.
Fuck off you must watch with hatred in your eyes.
Always looking for faults from players you don't like.
Unfortunately for you today 2 of your most hated players were probebly MOTM.
Bigi and Burge,

letsallsingtogether

Another good team performance today, the majority of players put in a good shift, Bigi was my man of the match today, he was everywhere. Good HT substitution by Robins, Reid was having an awful game.
That's you in Grendels what do you know about football book:)
But have to agree Bigi another blinder.

skybluetony176

It's funny but Slade always wanted attacking full backs as did Mowbray and Venus.

Robins really plays an old fashioned back like. Yes they get forward but they hold their line - he was far less complimentary about Haynes.

He wasn't uncomplimentary about Haynes at all. He just said he needs to play the way he (Robbins) knows he (Haynes) can and realise his potential.

skybluetony176

Bigi and Burge,

Burge looked every bit the seasoned pro today bar one stray goal kick. Three really good saves without counting the penalty, commanded his area, never stopped talking to the defense, came out when he had to and acted with assurance when he did, stood his ground when he had to and and again acted with assurance when he did, was composed and put in an experienced performance that not only kept us in the game but assured us all three points. Grendull must have hated it.

letsallsingtogether

Burge looked every bit the seasoned pro today bar one stray goal kick. Three really good saves without counting the penalty, commanded his area, never stopped talking to the defense, came out when he had to and acted with assurance when he did, stood his ground when he had to and and again acted with assurance when he did, was composed and put in an experienced performance that not only kept us in the game but assured us all three points. Grendull must have hated it.
Yet people come out with they were bread a butter saves and RCC or any other keeper would have caught the in their teeth lol

stevefloyd

The fans were amazing today...great great atmosphere and for once I didn't feel like we were going to lose, Bigi was my MOTM today, just like Wembley he was everywhere, Jones was a great substitution for Reid who wasn't having a good game, Lameiras up until the game was dreadful after the goal tolerable but 1 swallow don't make a summer, Beavon put a great shift in today, Foley done ok especially the 2nd half but would still rather see DKE there. Turnbull had a decent game also

trevelfarandwide

Turnbull and Clarke excellent today
Just spoke to my mate Steve who's an ever-present up the Ricoh, he said Turnbull especially is looking like a solid centre half at last.

Said it before, and I'll say it again, a good manager can motivate average players and turn them into a hard team to beat.

PUSB. Another momentum-gaining victory today, great work lads.

Sbarcher

Asked a steward why he wanted to check my ticket before I went in. Seems some older fans are buying child tickets to get in. You are naughty boys!

Grendel

Bigi and Burge,

No one hates anyone. Burge has cost points all season so he's an abject failure in my eyes. I'd never offer him another contract.

Bigi is always going to be the most overrated player we have and I'll just have to accept that.

Beavon, Thomas and Turnbull were better in my view.

letsallsingtogether

No one hates anyone. Burge has cost points all season so he's an abject failure in my eyes. I'd never offer him another contract.

Bigi is always going to be the most overrated player we have and I'll just have to accept that.

Beavon, Thomas and Turnbull were better in my view.
Maybe you need to change seat as your view seems a bit obscured; )

lifeskyblue

I think with turnbull he is either responding to having Clarke alongside or to having robins provide the right motivation. Burge too having best spell of season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread