Match Thread Coventry v Rochdale Match Thread - Saturday 22nd Oct (1 Viewer)

Otis

yep we're so poor but winning 2-0 :)
We're weren't poor. Stuart Linnell said that was a good performance.

I tell you what, we play like that every week and we are going to really, really struggle.

What til a team turns up with their shooting boots on.

Otis

I am of course delighted with the win, but apart from our defensive efforts we were very, very poor today.

Look far too lightweight. Needs addressing as a priority.

torchomatic

Great win that as we were terrible for most of the match.

But what the hell is going on with Burge. Can he not kick the ball?

torchomatic

Astute

Disclaimer. Not seen any games this season.

However shit Burge has been in the past or recently we are on a bit of a run so he stays in for me.
Disclaimer. Venus is the best manager we have ever had after the start he has had.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anyone hear Nigel phoning up? Laughable! Gave us a good laugh in the car anyway.

First question; what was the attendance. When told, disputed it.

Went on to say how he counted the numbers at the March and disputed what other sources had said.

Linnell then said the SBT said figures similar to what he'd heard; Nigel ended saying 'right, I got to go.....'

Why Nigel? Because you sounded more of a tool than normal? :D

Astute

Great win that as we were terrible for most of the match.

But what the hell is going on with Burge. Can he not kick the ball?
Can't kick.Can't catch. But we are winning with him in the side :wideyed:

Last edited:

Astute

Linnell then said the SBT said figures similar to what he'd heard; Nigel ended saying 'right, I got to go.....'

Quite an average call by him :muted:

letsallsingtogether

Anyone hear Nigel phoning up? Laughable! Gave us a good laugh in the car anyway.

First question; what was the attendance. When told, disputed it.

Went on to say how he counted the numbers at the March and disputed what other sources had said.

Of course he's a tool he is a city fan who cares.

lifeskyblue

Funny game. Oxford were awful and we won 2-1. Today Rochdale were the better side and bossed most of the game. We took our two chances. Thought the defence were much better today but I still worry if the are bullied. First twenty mins we were lightweight all over the pitch but the defence improved considerably. Didn't think Bigi had a particular good game but he did some good defending towards the end. I thought both sordell and Stevenson faded out the game today but they worked hard first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Will take that. We were poor, but a lot of that was down to Rochdale, the best side I've seem us play this season. Much rather get outplayed and win, than 'dominate' possession and struggle to create chances. Willis MOTM, possibly his best performance for us. I'm far more encouraged by this performance than the one on Tuesday.

I wish Linnell, would calm down a touch. Let's just take each games as it comes, we're still in the relegation zone its too far too early talking abouy play offs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I thought we were second best to most things, they seemed to just run through our midfield which was a polar opposite to midweek.

Might have been because McCann went off and we had Bigi, Stevenson and Lamieries as the 3 with Lamieries further forward all of the time.

Their number 9 had the best of Turnbull all game.

Burge, I have no idea what his kicking is about and it got bad enough that Page was telling him when to come for the ball towards the end. We got a clean sheet though, but he wasn't tested so it's down to defenders.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Will take that. We were poor, but a lot of that was down to Rochdale, the best side I've seem us play this season. Much rather get outplayed and win, than 'dominate' possession and struggle to create chances. Willis MOTM, possibly his best performance for us. I'm far more encouraged by this performance than the one on Tuesday.

I wish Linnell, would calm down a touch. Let's just take each games as it comes, we're still in the relegation zone its too far too early talking abouy play offs.

Mate we've won 4 of the last 5 matches, I don't think I'm getting carried away when I say we're gonna piss this tinpot league now.

eastwoodsdustman

Were they that good? They had a gameplan to stop us at any cost and then play hoofball for most of the game. I thought they were very nasty and the referee had a shocker letting way too much late stuff and people leaving their foot in from them. We dealt well with the long ball better than we have done for the last 2 seasons and although they put our midfield under real pressure we had the real quality moments in the game. Agyei should have had a first half hat trick. How many decent chances did they really have?
We'd have lost that game earlier in the season and last season. We didn't play badly. They tried to stop us and for a large part they did but like I said, we had the quality when we needed it.
Teams will realise that just putting it about a bit won't be enough against us now. We're a different animal.

wingy

We rode our luck second half they had three free headers at set pieces all went wide or over, the big no5 I think
Was just mentioning how useful he was when he tripped over his own feet
Hilarious.

Nick

Administrator
What actually happened with that bit where the ball was on our goal line?

It was if our players saw it rolling in and shit themselves and didn't know what to do rather than just hammer it clear.

So many times today on of our defenders should have just boot their boot through it, but seemed to play tip tap and put us under pressure.

stupot07

Mate we've won 4 of the last 5 matches, I don't think I'm getting carried away when I say we're gonna piss this tinpot league now.
I don't want to get into a ding dong with you, i'll only get accused of being negative. But people have been saying we will piss this tinpot league every season we've been in it, and we're still here.

Let's take each game as it comes and see where we are at the half way point then re-evaluate. I'm encouraged by thr last couple of performances and I'm feeling positive.

Nick

Administrator
I think it is a bit too soon to get carried away.

Especially if we have bad luck with injuries, what happens if Willis gets injured for example.

dongonzalos

I think it is a bit too soon to get carried away.

Especially if we have bad luck with injuries, what happens if Willis gets injured for example.

It's good that Rose and Stokes are coming back. However you are right Nick. We depend totally on luck and the form of players. Armstrong ran out of form last season
Turner and Reda respectfully with their injuries and that was it.

We need Stokes to come back as the same player but at CB this time.

We need McCann to be replaced and we need Stephenson and Bigi and one of Burge or RCC to maintain their form.

We also need a disallusional goal machine to join us in January.

The above plus no long term injuries and we have a chance

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It's good that Rose and Stokes are coming back. However you are right Nick. We depend totally on luck and the form of players. Armstrong ran out of form last season
Turner and Reda respectfully with their injuries and that was it.

We need Stokes to come back as the same player but at CB this time.

We need McCann to be replaced and we need Stephson and Bigi and one of Burge or RCC to maintain their form.

We also need a dodsalusioned goal machine to join us in January.

The above plus no long term injuries abd we have a chance

If McCann is injured now, and Rose wasn't back I wouldn't feel that comfortable with a Bigi / Stevenson / Gadzev midfield.

dongonzalos

I am of course delighted with the win, but apart from our defensive efforts we were very, very poor today.

Look far too lightweight. Needs addressing as a priority.

Sometimes winning like that, changes confidence. It's strange but normally wins breed wins. The odd player suddenly wants the ball or tries stuff they didn't have the confidence to do during a run of defeats. Like Stephenson's rocket ( :) ) last week

Users who are viewing this thread