Match Thread Coventry v Scunthorpe Match Thread - Saturday 12th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry v Scunthorpe match, tactics and predictions :)

fernandopartridge

They're going very well (I like Graham Alexander, his sacking by Fleetwood was ridiculous). We're strong at home though, just can't afford to have another poor first half. Not sure what the outcome will be.

coop

Need to have a full 95 minutes in there half to stop them scoring I think they have only failed to score in one game this season

no_loyalty

If Alexander wins manager of month - City win
If Venus wins manager of month - City loss
If neither wins manager of month - Draw

shmmeee

Think our luck has to run out eventually, going for a cautious 2-2 (prediction is cautious not the game). Turnbull and Sordell

Team wise, Id play:

Burge
Sterry Willis Turnbull Haynes
Rose Bigi Stevenson
Jones Sordell Reid

Are they all fit? I've lost track.

fernandopartridge

I'd stick with the back 4 that has been reasonably solid, despite Haynes' cameo last night. I'd also take Reid out and play somebody else. Not sure. Sordell seems much happier coming in from the wing.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if Jones has put himself in the spotlight after doing half decent last night?

no_loyalty

True mate this season I'ma season ticket holder and the game's I haven't been able to attend we've won fricking annoying.

I think you will be alright mate, Claus is the special guest on CWR and he has an excellent win record

wingy

We will win and continue to do so while Scunny will go on a streak the same as ours at exactly this time last year.
Their fans will demand Alexander Is sacked and finally he will join us and take us to the Championship! :p

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

-------------Burge
----Sterry Willis Turnbull
Rose-----------------------Haynes
---------Bigi Stevenson
------------Lameiras
-------Sordell----- McBean

Yes, I know it's probably not everyone team, but if I was on football manager that would be the XI i'd pick!

shmmeee

I'd stick with the back 4 that has been reasonably solid, despite Haynes' cameo last night. I'd also take Reid out and play somebody else. Not sure. Sordell seems much happier coming in from the wing.

Personally I think of you score two, you've got a place. It's how I run my Football Manager team and we've not won the Champions League twice for nothing. But I can accept the argument for keeping it stable.

Agree about Reid, but not sure who else to put in, Lamerias?

covcity4life

on the website buying tickets and block 23 showing as 16 quid family zone? do u have to bring a kid to sit there? webaite doesnt say and cant get through to a human on phones to check

anyone know?

fernandopartridge

Personally I think of you score two, you've got a place. It's how I run my Football Manager team and we've not won the Champions League twice for nothing. But I can accept the argument for keeping it stable.

I'd play George Thomas for his movement.

Bugsy

Haynes is starting for the under 23 today against qpr. thought he would be used for Saturday....PUSB

Nick

Administrator

I dont think Venus has FM Genie. I can't see Kevin Thornton getting the Ballon D'or after he puts him to top stats and ships him off to Barca for £50m ;)

Paxman II

The first real 'tester' this season. But Scunny are so far a surprise package. they have done well but recently got thumped 3 nil and I remember we looked great for a while until we found we could not sustain it once everyone had worked us out. It may well be the case with Scunny as I don't see their squad as that strong. We are brimming with confidence and should start with the same team again that has won 5 of the last 8. What he has on the bench may be the pivotal decision maker as we may need to change it if it doesn't go our way.
Sometimes sides doing well meet up with a side improving rapidly (like us) and get spanked. Hope that is the case here.
4-1 City and the rest start to pay attention!

Great_Expectations

I've persuaded a non CCFC, premier league team supporting glory supporter to attend tomorrow.

I've always had a ST so never needed to buy one off league tickets for individuals before - any advice on the best way to do it? I'd prefer not to have to leave my ale early so he can queue for pay on the gate if possible?

ironbrunet

The first real 'tester' this season. But Scunny are so far a surprise package. they have done well but recently got thumped 3 nil and I remember we looked great for a while until we found we could not sustain it once everyone had worked us out.

It may be a surprise to outsiders but it comes as no surprise to our fans. I honestly had us down as automatic promotion contenders in pre season as did many others. Anything less than the play offs would be a disaster with our budget! (https://blog.betway.com/football/le...l-fare-according-to-those-who-know-them-best/).

We've not lost 3-0 this season, although did lost 3-1 to Charlton in the cup last week. They caught us on the break as we pushed for an equaliser but it was a good performance and I wasn't too disheartened. We've played worse and won 4-0 this year.

Unfortunately Madden and Hopper could both be injured and we have struggled with just Van Veen up front on his own. I'd take a draw as your home form is great and you seem to have turned a corner. Looking forward to it.

Nick

Administrator
I've persuaded a non CCFC, premier league team supporting glory supporter to attend tomorrow.

I've always had a ST so never needed to buy one off league tickets for individuals before - any advice on the best way to do it? I'd prefer not to have to leave my ale early so he can queue for pay on the gate if possible?
You will be able to pay on the gate easily enough, depends where you are drinking.

ps1948

I've paid at the gate a couple of times - virtually no queues, so shouldn't be a problem, unless untold hundreds turn up unexpectedly!

Great_Expectations

You will be able to pay on the gate easily enough, depends where you are drinking.
I've paid at the gate a couple of times - virtually no queues, so shouldn't be a problem, unless untold hundreds turn up unexpectedly!

Thanks both - might take my chances with paying on the gate then. I may have persuaded a second friend to join too as he has no match this weekend- I should claim commission!

Users who are viewing this thread