Match Thread Coventry v Sheff Utd Match Thread - Thursday 15th Dec (1 Viewer)

Moff

Sheffield were nothing special for a supposed top league 1 team. Without Sharp they would be distinctly average. Their supporters..... totally without class or understanding.... what comes around goes around, should imagine they will get little sympathy from Ccfc when it does.

Have previously mentioned I lived in Sheffield in the early part of the 90's when the Blades were really in a financial mess. Found the supporters I met then, decent and with good grace unlike the muppets that attended last night and those on their forum. I attended some Blades games and showed some solidarity, as did other fans of other clubs who I knew. Older Blades fans I am sure will be more sympathetic to our plight or any clubs plight.

Somehow today if it happened again, I feel they wont get any sympathy off anybody. I know some of our fans can sometimes have delusions of grandeur but they seem to have 95% in that camp, with a proverbial chip on their shoulder that they are big boys, belong in the top league and are a cut above Wednesday. If I recall correctly they have always had a bit of a chip about Wednesday, but twenty years ago, were far more welcoming and supportive of football as a whole, not full of the cocky hatred they are now.

You are right what goes around comes around, and they will end in the mire again. I think they will be short of support. I find it amazing that despite the past 9 years asset stripping and poor management at CCFC, and plenty of years of investment at SUFC, we are still currently both in League One, albeit maybe for only one more season, but imagine how much better we will be when investment comes whereas the Blades will remain distinctly average.

lifeskyblue

Thought he was average at best - never offers a threat moving forward at all. McCann made a difference and without him last night we'd have really struggled in the middle.

He was better than Rose which wasn't too difficult - he was appalling.

Have to disagree re Bigi. He played well second half and along with McCann ran the midfield for about 30mins until team tired. They broke up play and got the team moving forward and Bigi in particular played some intelligent balls forward.
The real problem is not Bigi but an insistence on keeping two wingers on the bench whilst playing sordell out of position and persisting with wright and agyei. Equally at the back we are always error prone and although the defence had a reasonable game last night one moment of atrocious marking and lack of reaction cost us the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

Thought he was average at best - never offers a threat moving forward at all. McCann made a difference and without him last night we'd have really struggled in the middle.

He was better than Rose which wasn't too difficult - he was appalling.

McCann was rubbish first half. Completely ineffectual, losing tackles, passes not reaching city players. Played much better 2nd half.

Otis

Have to disagree re Bigi. He played well second half and along with McCann ran the midfield for about 30mins until team tired. They broke up play and got the team moving forward and Bigi in particular played some intelligent balls forward.
The real problem is not Bigi but an insistence on keeping two wingers on the bench whilst playing sordell out of position and persisting with wright and agyei. Equally at the back we are always error prone and although the defence had a reasonable game last night one moment of atrocious marking and lack of reaction cost us the point

Yeah, Bigi was very good second half. First 45 mins I was very unimpressed, but second half he was pulling all the strings.

Nick

Administrator
I still don't get what Venus' 3rd sub was.

What he should have done is snuck 2 extra players out after the protest hoping nobody would notice ;)

RegTheDonk

I thought that the team as a whole played pretty well last night, including DKE and Bigi. What we are lacking is any teeth up front, which is hardly surprising as we are playing kids. From last night, the team is just lacking a couple of wingers and a striker to partner Sordell to escape relegation at least. And it's hardly surprising that we don't have them - as these kind of players cost money.
I rarely comment on the games because its all about opinions and I don't feel qualifed to look into the finer points, tactics, formations etc. But yes, I agree, Bigi looks more than competent when hes on his game, but everything seems to go through the middle and him. I know lots of us have moaned about TM constantly tinkering, but we've got a left footed player who you would think would be filling a wingers role...why not play Jones on the left?

ceetee

I think Bigi had a very good second half and in the main using the ball intelligently, spreading play and breaking up Sheffield.

I agree with you.
I also agree with anyone who says Wright should never wear a CCFC shirt again.
I can tolerate the odd misplaced pass, or poor clearance - they are third division footballers for a reason - but I can not tolerate a player who will not challenge for any ball

lifeskyblue

I agree with you.
I also agree with anyone who says Wright should never wear a CCFC shirt again.
I can tolerate the odd misplaced pass, or poor clearance - they are third division footballers for a reason - but I can not tolerate a player who will not challenge for any ball

Have to say I was surprised at how often our front three were on their heels rather than toes. Didn't move towards the ball and didn't challenge. Wright when he got the ball seemed more interested in 'fancy' rolling his foot over the ball instead of decisively using it or taking a player on.
Like you I never mind a player making a mistake or giving it a go but one who doesn't appear to challenge or want the ball shouldn't be on the pitch at any level.

dongonzalos

It was really strange with our front three. Evertime we broke and could have had a 3 on 2 or a 3 on 3. One, two or sometimes all of them would slow down or look like they were running on quick sand!!!
Then the subs came and you thought Venus will have clocked what's going on. He is going to put on Jones and Reid and catch Sheff Utd on the counter. Wright degonateky to come off and maybe Agyei. What happened next confirmed fir me that Venus is not the right man. !!!

PVA

RCC back in the team should have done better for both goals AGAIN. He really is nowhere near good enough.

Didn't think I'd be saying this a year ago but Burge is miles ahead of him at the moment.

Gazolba

Just found out there was a game on Thursday! Weird night to have a game. Just read all 25 pages of comments. I'd have to assume there is some kind of contractual agreement that Wright plays a certain number of games. Cannot think of any other reason.

Users who are viewing this thread