Match Thread Coventry v Southend Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Mar (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Assuming the safety target increases by one point per game on average between now and the end of the season, that means we'll need 52 points to survive, possibly 53.

We have 27 points still to play for.

We have 26 on the board now.

26 + 27 = 53.

Unless there's something wrong with my maths, we can't afford to drop a single point between now and the end of the season if we're to stay up.

Put another way, we need to double our current points total (from 37 games) in 9 games..........
Quite easy then.

Nick

Administrator
I'd seriously consider just starting to sack players off now, they will be paid either way but just tell them not to bother and put a u23 / u18 player in there.

The results might even be better. I'd prefer a Harries might not being 100% but trying his hardest compared to a Rawson who won't be here and is shite anyway for example.

skybluetony176

And Anne Lucus as well as owners from over 10 years ago.
We all know their were others to blame.
BUT Sisu have had 10 years to put it right all they have done is made it worse, yet some still defend them with the same bullshit.
The worst thing to ever happen to this club was the Northampton move that was only down to sisu, or could we blame Pressley for that instead?

Oggy probably poured honey potion in SISU's ears. That's what I reckon anyway.

skybluetony176

Good news is we can't be the worst team to go down to League 2; Stockport beat their own record for that in 09/10 season going down with 25 points and a -60 goal difference.

:D

Yes, I'm struggling for positives :)

I was that bored that I concentrated on getting a splinter out of my thumb that I got this morning at work. Positive news is that it's out.

torchomatic

torchomatic

And Anne Lucus as well as owners from over 10 years ago.
We all know their were others to blame.
BUT Sisu have had 10 years to put it right all they have done is made it worse, yet some still defend them with the same bullshit.
The worst thing to ever happen to this club was the Northampton move that was only down to sisu, or could we blame Pressley for that instead?

Nah, selling/leaving HR was the Big One; domino effect. Sixfields nestles at number two. Oggy as GK coach number three.

mds

Dire, dire, dire fucking shite.
Shockingly shite.

Highlight of the night for us was the we`ve had a shot chant, made me smile, rest of it, start to finish, just shite.

torchomatic

skybluepm2

I'm sure I've said this a lot in the past but i genuinely think that was the worst I have ever seen. Atrocious from 1 to 11. I would give zero fucks if I never saw one of those wankers pull on our shirt again. And to think there were people actually clapping them off at the end. Why?

These bastards have me tied emotionally, that and habit are my only reasons for going every week now. Entertainment business? I part with my hard earnt cash and waste endless hours of my life for absolutely nothing in return.

Where do you even start with this squad? The only relief is that a lot are out of contract in the Summer. 10 games left of Lee fucking Burge, hallefuckinglujah!! That twat Haynes had better follow him out of the door too.

Covkid1968#

Assuming the safety target increases by one point per game on average between now and the end of the season, that means we'll need 52 points to survive, possibly 53.

We have 27 points still to play for.

We have 26 on the board now.

26 + 27 = 53.

Unless there's something wrong with my maths, we can't afford to drop a single point between now and the end of the season if we're to stay up.

Put another way, we need to double our current points total (from 37 games) in 9 games..........

Hahahaha....that stat is quality!!!! my God.....how did we get this bad!!!. No need to answer that people.

torchomatic

skybluepm2

Just watched the first goal again, which unsurprisingly came courtesy of that consistent double act Haynes & Burge, each week trying to outdo one another for the shittest player award.

Seriously, are we surprised we are in this position with players of this calibre at our disposal?!

Kingokings204

That was that bad are we still clinging on to bottom of the league?

God we are shit. Thank god for wembley else what a season.

dongonzalos

Just watched the first goal again, which unsurprisingly came courtesy of that consistent double act Haynes & Burge, each week trying to outdo one another for the shittest player award.

Seriously, are we surprised we are in this position with players of this calibre at our disposal?!

Haynes and Burge at fault for the first goal, anyone else spring to mind?

Chip Batch

That was somehow even worse than Saturday. Which is some kind of achievement I suppose as I didn't think it was possible.

We've got no attacking threat at all. I can't think of one chance tonight.

I really can't be arsed to go next Tuesday, they can fuck off.

skybluepm2

Haynes and Burge at fault for the first goal, anyone else spring to mind?

They stood out for me personally; Haynes gave it away needlessly and Burge dived the opposite way to what resembled a passback. Who are you implying? The cb's? Funnily enough, Robins said (surprisingly) that those two were positives to take out of tonight's game! I sincerely hope that none of that back 5 (back 6 in the first half) are on the books next season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just watched the first goals again, it's Turnbull with the first mistake losing the ball

and as i thought at the time it's absolutely horrendous goalkeeping from burge, it's a weak shot down the middle of the goal. A Sunday league u16s keeper would save it 9 out of 10 times.

Terry Gibson's perm

That was truly dreadful that formation doesn't work with those players. Burge is a joke and his constant kicking of the posts is driving me crazy, Marcus Tudgay just fuck off you are an embarrassment and take Reilly and Turnbull with you.

dongonzalos

I'd seriously consider just starting to sack players off now, they will be paid either way but just tell them not to bother and put a u23 / u18 player in there.

The results might even be better. I'd prefer a Harries might not being 100% but trying his hardest compared to a Rawson who won't be here and is shite anyway for example.

I really believe in this he should have a club meeting including the U23's.
Play the 87 final and tell the first team that if they are picked. If Robins doesn't feel that they threw the kitchen sink at it. They will be drooped.
He can accept getting beaten by a team due to a difference in skill but not due to a difference in fight.
He should point out DKE and say that, that is the minimum level of fight he demands.
Then he should see his threat through.
Any kid coming in will run their asses off to try and keep the spot.

dongonzalos

They stood out for me personally; Haynes gave it away needlessly and Burge dived the opposite way to what resembled a passback. Who are you implying? The cb's? Funnily enough, Robins said (surprisingly) that those two were positives to take out of tonight's game! I sincerely hope that none of that back 5 (back 6 in the first half) are on the books next season.

Turnball mate. A giant softie.

Users who are viewing this thread