Match Thread Coventry v Swindon Match Thread - Saturday 25th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The worst thing about today was watching how easy it was for Swindon to defend against us. Witnessing that bunch of useless wankers trying to score a goal is a pitiful spectacle!
The one time somebody put their foot through it rather than dancing we scored.

No idea if they are on a bonus every time they touch the ball in the box or not.

We really needed a goalie.

letsallsingtogether

The one time somebody put their foot through it rather than dancing we scored.

No idea if they are on a bonus every time they touch the ball in the box or not.

We really needed a goalie.
So we're all the goals down to poor goalkeeping or was it our poor defending?

torchomatic

stupot07

What a waste of time and money, we needed someone who could go into the first team and play 90 minutes. Not someone who can barely play 5 minutes.
Said at the time he was a waste of signing, the gamble was never going to be worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluedan

[QUOTE="southern_comfort, post: 1277887 what could any manager do, you cant polish a turd[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you can roll round in a bit of glitter

letsallsingtogether

No it wouldn't.
I never believed that myself ether but gone past the point now they have killed us.
Might as well do it now maybe we will have something to shout about again with a new set up.
I am starting to hate going up there now my brother felt under the weather and never went, he would never have done that before.
They are grinding us to dust slowly but surely.
:(:(

torchomatic

I never believed that myself ether but gone past the point now they have killed us.
Might as well do it now maybe we will have something to shout about again with a new set up.
I am starting to hate going up there now my brother felt under the weather and never went, he would never have done that before.
They are grinding us to dust slowly but surely.
:(:(

Whilst i agree with you regrading SISU i couldn't disagree more strongly with liquidation. Thwt would kill CCFC. SISU won't be here forever.

Pete in Portugal

So we're all the goals down to poor goalkeeping or was it our poor defending?

The team is not good enough for League 2 let alone league 1. Very poor defending. Goalkeeper does not inspire confidence. Midfield AWOL or ineffective most of the time. Hopelessly blunt attack. The manager does not not motivate players. He is tactically inept and he wasted money on Yakubu. Time for a clear out? You bet it is - Slade for a starter. We're down and out. The time for rebuilding for next season starts now.

letsallsingtogether

100% Poor defending today, and that includes the midfield.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Exactly whole team poor yet all you hear is people picking on single players.
This team is just not good enough and if we keep them we will be religated again next season.
But I suppose that will be the supporters fault when they don't turn up next season and buget is cut to a bottom half again.

theferret

Just feel numb. Today just confirmed what we already knew, so can't get too worked up about it. Don't have the energy.

No point picking apart the performance. We're down, and I doubt the manager or many of the players will be here next season. Not sure what we do between now and the end of the season, play the kids, or at least those two or three who are showing promise? Is there any real value in that, given the effect it could have on their confidence? Who knows. Going to be a long few months regardless.

torchomatic

We just hung around Arena Park shops whilst lad and dad went to match. My lad sent me one text simply saying "it's rubbish".

Loads of fans had left early.

letsallsingtogether

We just hung around Arena Park shops whilst lad and dad went to match. My lad sent me one text simply saying "it's rubbish".

Loads of fans had left early.
Must confess I left when the third goal went in first time ever I have left a home game that early:(

letsallsingtogether

Whilst i agree with you regrading SISU i couldn't disagree more strongly with liquidation. Thwt would kill CCFC. SISU won't be here forever.
To be honest don't believe myself ether, but am just gutted at the state of my club, by some cunts that should never have been allowed anywhere near a Football club. They have never cared and never will for that alone we are doomed.

torchomatic

Why? The club is dead torch

No it isn't. It may be sick but it ain't dead. As long as there is a core support the club will survive. As i said SISU won't be here forever.

As for liquidation. Be careful what you wish for.

torchomatic

Don't understand. What future are you looking forward to? We will be non league in 2 seasons

Personally don't think that will happen but if it does it does. I'll still be there cheering them on. It doesn't mean the end, plenty of teams have bounced back. It would mean that the club would need its support more than ever before.

wingy

Would have been a different game had Kwame stuck that excellent chance from down the right by Evans and Thomas.
He really should have scored.

Otis

We were sold a false dawn last week I'm afraid.

We had a number of chances today in the first 20 mins and didn't look at all bad going forwards. Swindon then took control.

I think it has just highlighted how very bad Gillingham were last Saturday.

Once again we were reminded too that Tudgay is NOT a goalscorer. He had the ball three times in the penalty box in good positions and totally fluffed the lot of them.

Another observation is that need Stokes back asap. Haynes is not a left back.

Users who are viewing this thread