Match Thread Coventry v Swindon Match Thread - Saturday 25th Feb (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I could go on and rant for ages about the things wrong with today's performance but what's the point .

We were shit , simple as that

wingy

Two small blocks of Black seats in the top tier opposite block 18.
Not open today but 4 suits sitting up there today
Wonder if Sherwood booked himself a room to get round the ban and then just slipped out and down the other end?
Whoever it was it seemed a bit strange.

Terry Gibson's perm

Two small blocks of Black seats in the top tier opposite block 18.
Not open today but 4 suits sitting up there today
Wonder if Sherwood booked himself a room to get round the ban and then just slipped out and down the other end?
Whoever it was it seemed a bit strange.

They are better off without him

Sky Blue Pete

Not wishing torch just can't take the heartache. My lad who's not had much to cheer said for the first time today that it's so hard to keep coming

wingy

Just feel numb. Today just confirmed what we already knew, so can't get too worked up about it. Don't have the energy.

No point picking apart the performance. We're down, and I doubt the manager or many of the players will be here next season. Not sure what we do between now and the end of the season, play the kids, or at least those two or three who are showing promise? Is there any real value in that, given the effect it could have on their confidence? Who knows. Going to be a long few months regardless.
Just play the ones who remotely care what shirt it is on their back.
Not many on the pitch today you could say that about.
Young and hungry every time for me.

Otis

One thing at least did make me chuckle today.

Some numpties behind me kept giving the players dogs' abuse for most of the game and were calling them all in turn every name under the sun.

Second half it turned to boos every now and again. Just the odd burst of a boo on occasion.

Anyway, there were a couple of boos, but then one of the pillocks' booed because we won a corner. It wasn't a chance that had been missed, or poor play, it was just a defender putting the ball out of play for a flag kick to us.

This fool behind just suddenly booed when we got the corner. It was most bizarre.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

One thing at least did make me chuckle today.

Some numpties behind me kept giving the players dogs' abuse for most of the game and were calling them all in turn every name under the sun.

Second half it turned to boos every now and again. Just the odd burst of a boo on occasion.

Anyway, there were a couple of boos, but then one of the pillocks' booed because we won a corner. It wasn't a chance that had been missed, or poor play, it was just a defender putting the ball out of play for a flag kick to us.

This fool behind just suddenly booed when we got the corner. It was most bizarre.
It was your new mate in block 20 T.G.P. lol :happy:

Sky Blue Harry H

One thought on today's game. we HAVE (shouty, I know) to stop playing the ball back towards our own goal when we are around the half way line and near the touchline. The combination of our centre backs being uncomfortable/incompetent on the ball and the bobbly pitch means it is a game of Russian roulette every time. Play the percentage ball and turn their full backs, centre backs. It may not be pretty, but it won't lead to situations where we are creating chances for the opposition. It's one of the reasons Haynes gets into so much trouble. If he/others only went forward with the ball (running or passing) we would cause ourselves far fewer problems. Just my opinion.

clint van damme

I am in shock at what I witnessed today.
I've lost count of the number of times I've said that's the worse performance I've seen but I said it today and the statement probably stands.
What a sad state of affairs, but it's our club, it always has been. it always will be, I still live in hope that one day it will get better.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I am in shock at what I witnessed today.
I've lost count of the number of times I've said that's the worse performance I've seen but I said it today and the statement probably stands.
What a sad state of affairs, but it's our club, it always has been. it always will be, I still live in hope that one day it will get better.
I admire your stamina ! but my god all Cov City fans should be given a Medal for the longest suffering fans .

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just got back home after watching that,Where was the midfield? We need a clogger in there to kick a few.
Tudgay runs around but does nothing,I would just play the kids from now U23's,
So sad to see no fight.
I don't think Slade has much of a clue about anything.
And Yakubu just standing there at right back just sums our plight up you can only laugh really.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just got back home after watching that,Where was the midfield? We need a clogger in there to kick a few.
So sad to see no fight.
And Yakubu just standing there at right back just sums our plight up you can only laugh really.
I take my hat off to you W.C.S.B. travelling all that way to watch that garbage !
They say keep the faith ! but my god its hard . :cool:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I must apologise to Otis et all. I said Swindon would get a bloody good thrashing. I mentioned 5-1.
It was the voices in my head. I knew it was odd.

Terry Gibson's perm

So sad to see no fight.

Yakubu has a hamstring injury and I thought he wanted to go off but idiot slade seemed to send him back

W

westcountry_skyblue

I take my hat off to you W.C.S.B. travelling all that way to watch that garbage !
They say keep the faith ! but my god its hard . :cool:
Only good thing about today was seeing the family and my mates and the Bloke behind the bar in the Gas club who gave me an extra fiver in my change when I ordered a pint of Carling!!

Users who are viewing this thread