Match Thread Coventry v West Ham Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Aug (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I've been a big supporter of the changes to this competition so take great joy in this result.

ajsccfc

Five knockout rounds including the final after the groups are done. I don't think there are any two-leg games this time but not 100%.

speedie87

If anyone is bored this morning and would like to list the age of all the players who played last night if love to compare the two teams as just been on west ham site and their manager was going on about it being our first team with bags of experience and a couple of their fans on forum saying it was men against boys

ccfcway

If anyone is bored this morning and would like to list the age of all the players who played last night if love to compare the two teams as just been on west ham site and their manager was going on about it being our first team with bags of experience and a couple of their fans on forum saying it was men against boys

only 1 ccfc player who finished the game last night was over 23

One thing I would say I our team most certainly had more "experience". Someone like Willis will have played more 1st team professional games than their X1 put together I would have thought.

Hobo

It was only West Hams U23's.....hang on a minute???
Burge 23, Evans 19, Willis 22, Turnbull 21, Harried 19, Haynes 20, McCann 29, Bigiramani 22, Lameiras 21, Agyei 24, Sordell 25, subs Stevenson 18, Tudgay 33, Jones 18.

Well done lads Coventry should be proud of this very young side. They need support, most are still young lads learning their trade.

fernandopartridge

It was only West Hams U23's.....hang on a minute???
Burge 23, Evans 19, Willis 22, Turnbull 21, Harried 19, Haynes 20, McCann 29, Bigiramani 22, Lameiras 21, Agyei 24, Sordell 25, subs Stevenson 18, Tudgay 33, Jones 18.

Well done lads Coventry should be proud of this very young side. They need support, most are still young lads learning their trade.

I would give this post 1000 likes if i could

Hobo

Only McCann and Agyei in that line up are not ours. The rest are ours.

covcity4life

hold up? are these prem u23 teams allowed to win the competition???????

i thought they were just in group stage?

we cant beat a stacked norwich team if they decide to win it. wasnt most of their team last night the same as league cup game?

covcity4life

fucking hell now i get the anger!

i thought it like proposed b teams in league structure, where they cannot be promoted.

this will tarnish the already pathetic competiton!

bullshit!

covcity4life

our lil chance of wembley being snuffed out

bet they play play even better kids when they hit knockouts

saying that we smashed 4 past west ham so we shoud fear no one!

chiefdave

we cant beat a stacked norwich team if they decide to win it.
That's the problem. They're allowed to play a load of over age players so when, for example, Norwich get a sniff of a Wembley final why wouldn't they stack the team up.

If the point of it is they have kids that need games make them play kids.

Saying that given the age of our side what advantage was it for West Ham last night over a reserve or youth league fixture?

Mcbean

Hmm well i enjoyed my night out watching the city - 6 goals - no pesky kid in the seat in front not watching the game - talk to my mate without shouting - team looked well up for it and shone against a "young" West Ham group - yep we could have Martinez was their best player - even smiled at half time when the muppet who fell over at half time on Saturday was allowed another go at getting the ball in the net and by jove he did encouraged by his mates who will have a great day out in hospitality though it will have to be alchopops by the look of it - seems that you no longer get the ball - cutbacks !

Pipehitterz

Hmm well i enjoyed my night out watching the city - 6 goals - no pesky kid in the seat in front not watching the game - talk to my mate without shouting - team looked well up for it and shone against a "young" West Ham group - yep we could have Martinez was their best player - even smiled at half time when the muppet who fell over at half time on Saturday was allowed another go at getting the ball in the net and by jove he did encouraged by his mates who will have a great day out in hospitality though it will have to be alchopops by the look of it - seems that you no longer get the ball - cutbacks !
wonder which game?the all sit in front of me, leg rooooom

stupot07

Not his fault, he must've been expecting Burge to come and claim that.
He may well have been, but it was a long way out and he needed to do better. Neither of them covered themselves with glory with the first. Sometimes centre backs have to take responsibility even if it means getting clattered by the keeper.
Ricketts for example would have never let their striker get there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

i think when the 2nd goal looped in over burges head, that was the moment hadji decided he was just joking about him being better than rcc

Users who are viewing this thread