Match Thread Coventry v Wycombe Match Thread - Tuesday 7th Feb (1 Viewer)

flammablepiss

Facebook User
When can we buy tickets?

mrtrench

What a terrible game of football - we truly look like fourth division side. Nevertheless, well done and a little relief from the shite.

st john

What a terrible game of football - we truly look like fourth division side. Nevertheless, well done and a little relief from the shite.
Typical semi final really, the team leading gets edgy and the team losing throws everything forward.

Ian1779

I've never felt so nervous watching a 2nd half ever... and where the fuck did the ref get 6 mins from???

Thought Turnbull was MOM tonight. Tudgay looked like he really wanted it and to see him chasing down their defenders along with Turnbull I think gave the team the desire to get over the line.

PS - that pitch is a fucking state - we should be getting a discount on our rent... say 100K a year?

Otis

I've never felt so nervous watching a 2nd half ever... and where the fuck did the ref get 6 mins from???

Thought Turnbull was MOM tonight. Tudgay looked like he really wanted it and to see him chasing down their defenders along with Turnbull I think gave the team the desire to get over the line.

PS - that pitch is a fucking state - we should be getting a discount on our rent... say 100K a year?
I would give MOTM to DKE. Such heart and endeavour and refused to be bullied. Great effort from the lad.

Hobo

Good teams often grind games out. Good teams sometimes win by producing a 15 minute spell. Against Leeds in the FA Cup semi final we were all over the place in the first 20 minutes, looked garbage. But turned it around.

Everyone one at the club, every player, every fan needs to believe we are going to build a great side. It might take 3 to 4 years to start the climb, but we are going to be back. Come on City!!!

covcity4life

Great experience. Banged my knee n adveetising board cos im so ubfit but i pulled maelf over aa if itwas a big brock wall in the army lol

Took pic of man and his son on centre circle for him. High fiving rabdoms. Great night

shmmeee

Thought DiKE was excellent.

Anyone know if he's named after Dion Dublin? The timings match up.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Gonna be an almighty piss up in London,Hotel and train booked this weekend!

Otis

Dont wanna focus on negatives tonight as it is about enjoyment for fans

However we are shockingly bad. Doesnt bode well for rest of season bar the heart shown
I thought first half we played well. Second half it all went to pot and we were out-muscled all over the pitch.

Really hanging on in the end.

Be nice if for the final we can get Stokes back. Look a lot better line-up if it was DKE Turnbull Willis Stokes as a back four.

Johnnythespider

The team was very young and less experienced than Wycombe in the end.

I thought Turnbull was really good. Given the slack Reilly has had he showed massive energy and commitment throughout.

Jones for once engaged his brain.

Slade has an impossible job and the club will be relegated. He took it on and I feel he deserves his brief day in the sun as well.

His tactics were spot on.

He has to play this goalkeeper though from now on in. He is vastly superior and gives some semblance of confidence to the back four.
I had Reilly down as m.o.m

covcity4life

I thought first half we played well. Second half it all went to pot and we were out-muscled all over the pitch.

Really hanging on in the end.

Be nice if for the final we can get Stokes back. Look a lot better line-up if it was DKE Turnbull Willis Stokes as a back four.

We were ok first half. Worst performance ive ever seen that led to 2 nil tho!

Its this phase football. Get ot to final third abd play for s throw in etc

If it works ok. But we dont have any big men upfront. Midfdmd is vypassed ubless they can head. Not nice to see

Howevr if we can pick up resukts consistently i wont mind. But we will need to tweak it. Play sum shorter passing on floor and retain possesion before hoofing perhaps.

skybluepm2

So so proud of our Sky Blue Babes tonight. To a man, 1 to 11 absolutely ran their arses into the ground, put their heads where it hurt and scrapped and battled for every loose ball. They didn't go into their shells and they've now given us a moment to savour, let's enjoy it because boy do we deserve it! The feeling as the full time whistle has been a long time coming. Thank you City, even if for one night only! The noise inside the stadium was how it should be and would if we were given the correct backing, but that's for another day. Hotel booked for the Saturday night, tempted to do Sunday too

George Thomas, as much as I've criticized him in the pass was absolutely outstanding this evening. As was Cian Harries, Cookie, DKE and even Haynes put in a shift! Reilly, I take back what I said. That was your best game by a mile!

Beavon's link up when he is on top of his game is priceless, just hope he can get rid of his niggle in time for a monster game on Saturday! And with the Yak to come!!

PUSB!!!!

Astute

Just got off the phone to a relative 'Que sera sera ' could hardly hear him :smuggrin: What a night I am missing.

Let someone dare tell me I shouldn't go to the final with my boy. Really looking forward to the journey to London. Sounds like we are driving to Coventry and getting the train. What a day it will be. We deserve it.

Monners

Yep my lad was born the year we got relegated from the prem. It's great to see him have something to get excited about.
Yep, so was my daughter - we lost 1-0 at home to Ipswich (Monday Sky game) the day she was born. Hopefully she will want to go, my 20 year old nephew is already keen.

lifeskyblue

Have to say the back 4 played superbly. A few mistakes but stood up and were counted...boys became men. DKE best game so far...harries grew as game went on....turnbull stronger than he has been and Haynes defending his position well. For first time this season I'm proud of the team and proud of the performance.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread