Coventry vs Portsmouth (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Luke

eekdance.gif

Cobi Jones's Dreads

You renew pal? We'll have to do a few aways this year ;)

Can you remember last year at Barnsley when that bouncer took my pint? Fucker. Haha.

Nah i didn't renew pal as i didn't have that kinda money in my account but i reckon i'll still be going to most home games, just not the midweek games becuase of work but i'm going to try to get to more away games this year so yeah i'll give you a text or something to sort some away games out and haha yeah mate took the piss that did wandering round barnsley through diagon ally and through there market trying to find a waterhole only for you to get your's took off you! :)

Also mate are you sitting in B15 tommorow?
If you are mate i'll probably see you there mate an sort something out! ;)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

smileycov

Facebook User
Don't think so cookie! :D

My mate lives down there and he told me they are gonna bring between 2 and 2,500
noisy gits as well. will be great atmosphere, i just hope we put in a performance that matches all our optimism.

AND THE SUPPORT MATCHES THE EFFORT ON THE PITCH
PUSB

Disorganised1

I'm going for 3 - 0 today. I won't be this optimistic again this season I promise. :D

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Bet me boyyyyyyy.

I think we're lost in translation here mate, i believe there will be 2,000+
Just can't believe that anyone's intrested. :eek:

Jimthor

Not keen on our starting 11. Clingan was one of our best players last season. And the CB pairing of Wood and McPake looked really strong too. Nathan Cameron?! Bit baffled to be honest...

Disorganised1

And Freddie opens his account for 2010 !

PUSB

SkyBlueMania

yeah i was very surprised to see Cameron on the team sheet. Injuries in warm up perhaps? maybe boothroyd's seen something he likes in him?

Tom

I'm ecstatic with today's result :D and I'm also really glad that Freddy was able to get 2 goals today

Disorganised1

Not quite the 3 - 0 I went for but :cool:

Nick

Administrator
was a great result for us but they were piss poor! Utaka and nugent moaned all game!

Cameron looked excellent so did juke box and platt when he came on, won everything!

Eastwood was sharp and exciting!

Russell Howard was sat in front of me, he clapped a lot but not sure if was out of politeness?

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I have knocked Freddy but lets hope today is a sign of things to come.Bell has also had his knockers but great assist for Freddys second.I said last week that Doyle will probably start.We all know Clingan is a better player,but its about making a better team.Shame about Leicester ha ha ha!!!!!!:)

Coventry La La La

Hey guys, Pompey fan here if you don't mind...

Everyone's really looking forward to tomorrow, particularly after the verdict yesterday. We know some pretty shammy things have been happening at our club in the last few years. Not something we are particularly proud of and the court decision yesterday was no cause for celebration. It's still a weight off our back though and finally we can actually worry and talk about football, rather than that playing second fiddle to off-the-field dramatics.

To be honest, I for one am looking forward to this season more than any of the last few. Pretty much everyone is disenchanted with the Premier League, while some of the away trips this season will be a blast. i reckon we will have about 2500 up there tomorrow, and in reference to previous posts, if you know anything about Pompey fans, if we do go 2-0 down, we will make even more noise! I reckon it will be a good game. Yes we've lost a few players and our weakness will be our lack of strength in depth, but consider the fact that we have the likes of Mokoena (S Africa Captain) Marc Wilson (NI international) Kanu, Nugent, Tommy Smith, Utaka, Boateng (for now), Michael Brown, plus journeymen more than proven at champ level like Mullins and Richard Hughes and we're more than a match for anyone in this division. Just don't expect us to make any subs.

Anyway, a few questions tomorrow as first time to the new ground. Arriving by train can we walk it or do we need a bus? Are there any good/suitable pubs between the station and ground to refresh ourselves in?

Looking forward to a good game and 3 points :D

Thanks for the 3 points :)

Jimthor

I have knocked Freddy but lets hope today is a sign of things to come.
Totally in the same boat as you. I still have my doubts about him, but we all know that football is a confidence game, so if he takes off he might actually keep this form going!

Really glad we got a clean sheet (albeit against poor opposition), but still baffled by the Cameron/Turner pairing. McPake/Wood was a really good pairing i felt, so i was surprised that McPake especially was left out. Definitely fear that better opponents will get the better of the backline we put out today, although Nick's comments that Cameron looked great are promising at least.

CovInEssex

Like many here I was utterly suprised at the centre-back pairing but the truth is Pompey didn't have ANY periods of pressure, or a shot on target?

Does anyone know what the attendance was? And I wish I could skip this darn wedding so I could travel with the sky blue army to Watford :(

Anyway, a promising start! Let's hope we can keep it up.

Yeah, very promising performance, and it's great to see Super Fred leading the line- he worked really hard and deserved both goals, esp. the second, which was a beeeeaaautty! :p I was also really impressed by Nathan Cameron- he didn't put a foot wrong in defence.

Overall, though, it was a v. solid performance!

With that said, Pompey were dire: no wonder they boo'ed John Utaka when he was substituted!

PLAY UP SKY BLUES!

Nick

Administrator
Here are the goals:

[video=youtube;a5O6dX_UMJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5O6dX_UMJI[/video]
[video=youtube;BGBesAwYNXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGBesAwYNXg[/video]

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Like many here I was utterly suprised at the centre-back pairing but the truth is Pompey didn't have ANY periods of pressure, or a shot on target?

Does anyone know what the attendance was? And I wish I could skip this darn wedding so I could travel with the sky blue army to Watford :(

Anyway, a promising start! Let's hope we can keep it up.

Attendance - 18, 814

CovInEssex

Take a bit off the attendence = claim your earning less (the club) = pay less in tax.

They done it at highfield rd. all the time.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I was thinking it was 22-23k!

Anyway glad to see Eastwood playing upfront AND scoring goals. Looked right on it yesterday, never seen him run that fast before. Quality header for the second.

Users who are viewing this thread