Coventry's Tom Sykes ... (1 Viewer)

sueanne21

I was cheering on Coventry's Tom Sykes today at the World Superbikes in Jerez de la Frontera..... it is soon to be our home town I wanted to support Tom......Well Done Tom Sykes a credit to Coventry !!!

CJ_covblaze

He's a great guy. Lives in Leamington. Was in the same team as Cal Crutchlow and the sadly departed Dave Jefferies in 2000/01. Love working at Jerez! One of my favourite tracks. Beats the dumps like Cadwell and Mallory any day. Most of our circuits really are appalling in this country. Investment is badly needed away from Palmer's 4 and Silverstone. Hope you had a great time!

CaptainMorgan

Not sure the good folk of Huddersfield would appreciate the claim of Syksie being from Coventry but nonetheless, a top man and deserving World Champion. Drinks all round in Weston Under Wetherley!!!

sueanne21

He's a great guy. Lives in Leamington. Was in the same team as Cal Crutchlow and the sadly departed Dave Jefferies in 2000/01. Love working at Jerez! One of my favourite tracks. Beats the dumps like Cadwell and Mallory any day. Most of our circuits really are appalling in this country. Investment is badly needed away from Palmer's 4 and Silverstone. Hope you had a great time!

Yes CJ_covblaze Jerez is a fantastic track, doesn't look much when you first approach it but once you get inside very impressive. We have been lucky enough to live here with work and have been to watch Moto GP, Historic Formula 1, Superbikes and Formula 1 Practise.....Im sure Coventry will be equally exciting and we are looking forward to our move in 5 weeks. Have been to Cadwell park couple of times, didn't think it was too bad CJ

sueanne21

Not sure the good folk of Huddersfield would appreciate the claim of Syksie being from Coventry but nonetheless, a top man and deserving World Champion. Drinks all round in Weston Under Wetherley!!!

Yes he is a top man Captain Morgan, he had a few tears this afternoon on the podium....arr bless him

CJ_covblaze

Yes CJ_covblaze Jerez is a fantastic track, doesn't look much when you first approach it but once you get inside very impressive. We have been lucky enough to live here with work and have been to watch Moto GP, Historic Formula 1, Superbikes and Formula 1 Practise.....Im sure Coventry will be equally exciting and we are looking forward to our move in 5 weeks. Have been to Cadwell park couple of times, didn't think it was too bad CJ

Been there once or twice with Moto GP. The Spanish know how to throw a party! Coventry's nice but don't get your hopes up!

Hate Cadwell. Dusty when dry, boggy when wet. Too dangerous. Poor facilities for competitors, traders and spectators. The Mountain adds something different to it though.

CJ_covblaze

He's ours now and the North aren't having him back!

Users who are viewing this thread