Credit to Voice of Reason... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Fair play mate....I've been away for a week or so am just catching up on the goings on with our beloved club and it's clear that you're mounting a crusade to push through for a positive outcome for the club. With OSBs financial knowledge and your own determination, at least us fans can collectively look upon ourselves as a good bunch.

Well done you, keep it up.

WM

PS. Two e-mails sent to FL now.

lordsummerisle

SISU is a multi- million pound hedge fund business orientated company. Yet some posting on here, with little or no business or financial knowledge, consider they are in a better position to make important decisions relating to the activities of CCFC. Whilst everyone is, of course, entitled to an opinion and free to post how they consider matters might be better undertaken, I'd much prefer to accept that SISU knows what it is doing. That's my opinion, others of course, rightly have theirs. (I just don't agree with them, as is MY right, lol)

Skyblueweeman

SISU is a multi- million pound hedge fund business orientated company. Yet some posting on here, with little or no business or financial knowledge, consider they are in a better position to make important decisions relating to the activities of CCFC. Whilst everyone is, of course, entitled to an opinion and free to post how they consider matters might be better undertaken, I'd much prefer to accept that SISU knows what it is doing. That's my opinion, others of course, rightly have theirs. (I just don't agree with them, as is MY right, lol)

Yeah, you're right to a certain extent. Hedge Funds by their nature are what they are as they make money. However, it would be all too easy for them to think 'Right, lets fork off to Walsall for 3 years whilst we build H.Road Part II' thinking that they'd still make money from the majority of fans and that we'd accept that.

The point that I was trying to make is that VoR and OSB are making sure that our voices of discontent are not going unheard. Putting this onto SISUs radar isn't likely to make a blind bit of difference. Putting it onto the FLs radar will make them take more notice of our situation and 'might' have some effect, no matter how big or small, on the future of our club.

WM

BurbageSkyBlues

Not so much 'make important decisions relating to the activities of CCFC'.

More a question of voicing discontent at the impact of their decisions, on us, and on our club's well being. People are allowed to state that they don't like the actions of a large business. Just because it is a large business, it doesn't mean it is always right, and it doesn't mean that it always has the right, to do what it is doing.

lordsummerisle

Not so much 'make important decisions relating to the activities of CCFC'.

More a question of voicing discontent at the impact of their decisions, on us, and on our club's well being. People are allowed to state that they don't like the actions of a large business. Just because it is a large business, it doesn't mean it is always right, and it doesn't mean that it always has the right, to do what it is doing.

Sorry, forgot to put the quotes round it, it was said by Voice of Reason..

lifelongcityfan

I was there last night ( and no i wasnt representing the SBT- although I have paid my 1pd); I can assure you that those present made it clear that we all felt that the club would die if we went to groundshare.
In this case, this was an excellent opportunity to make our thoughts known as fans- hopefully it will make them think twice.
Personally, I still believ its about brinkmanship as far as SISU is concerned...but do not underestimate what the fans can do

J

Jack Griffin

I'd love to see the business case justifying that decision..

DazzleTommyDazzle

Double standards Lord?

You're happy to accept that those in a relatively small hedge fund know what they're doing, yet over recent years you've had many a poke at GH despite his senior roles in much larger financial organisations.

Of course, that was before you became best mates :)

lordsummerisle

Double standards Lord?

You're happy to accept that those in a relatively small hedge fund know what they're doing, yet over recent years you've had many a poke at GH despite his senior roles in much larger financial organisations.

Of course, that was before you became best mates :)

People really don't read the thread properly sometimes!

DazzleTommyDazzle

People really don't read the thread properly sometimes!

If "people" was directed at me, then I think I did.

Personally I'd match OSB's analysis against TF's somewhat shaky grasp of the accounts he signed off, anyday.

I was merely taking your rationale and comparing it with earlier comments you'd made.

lordsummerisle

If "people" was directed at me, then I think I did.

Personally I'd match OSB's analysis against TF's somewhat shaky grasp of the accounts he signed off, anyday.

I was merely taking your rationale and comparing it with earlier comments you'd made.

I really do think think you should read the whole thread again..

blend

Of course SISU know what they're doing, but they are serving their investors not the club or the fans. Some fans are trying to put our case forward, fair play to them. They're not the ones completely missing the point.

lordsummerisle

Of course SISU know what they're doing, but they are serving their investors not the club or the fans. Some fans are trying to put our case forward, fair play to them. They're not the ones completely missing the point.

Think you may be one of those missing the point.

You are completely entitled to that opinion, but there is a long history of successful business people who get lost when they enter the world of football and start making awful decisions. This lot have beaten all of them as they are not only inept they have managed to alienate and rouse what has always been quite a placid fanbase. At least they achieved one thing. Good luck in that world of yours anyway.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Ok, first rule when reading any of Lord's posts...assume it's sarcasm. Second rule when re-reading Lord's posts....confirm it's sarcasm... :whistle:

olderskyblue

3rd rule

add quotation marks when he forgets... :)

grego_gee

Yeah! I kinda see it that way too!

but you have to agree the thing they really do best is masking their expertise!

:pimp:

Voice_of_Reason

Fair play mate....I've been away for a week or so am just catching up on the goings on with our beloved club and it's clear that you're mounting a crusade to push through for a positive outcome for the club. With OSBs financial knowledge and your own determination, at least us fans can collectively look upon ourselves as a good bunch.

Well done you, keep it up.

WM

Thanks for this -- we have choices, sit on our arses and do nothing or do something. I'm 71 years of age, so mobility to demos is not easy for me as I live 40 miles away. How many on here are doing f**k all I wonder ? I have made it my mission to acquaint not only the Football League with my concerns, but also Paul Appleton. Some negative people have posted "its a waste of time" -- question, how do they know ?
I love my club -- it's been my club since 1952. There is no way I'm going t sit back and let my club die without a fight ! For the record, I was a successful business man, built a company up from nothing which I sold when I retired 3 years ago for a large amount of money (awaits sarcastic comments from trolls).
So, sit on your arses if you must but don't criticize those that have the will to do something.

PS. Two e-mails sent to FL now.
Keep sending them !

olderskyblue

but you have to agree the thing they really do best is masking their expertise!

:pimp:

You do see the irony in this comment don't you? ;)

CCFCSteve

And what about the people who ran the multi billion pound banks ?! They knew what they were doing !!!

People like OSB have no vested interest and have provided a factual account of the situation. Sisu will always present information in a way that best suits them. I think it's right that this is questioned and queried, as I think people are finding everything isn't always as it appears !

Ps If the thread was sarcastic I went straight over my head !!! Obviously !

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

And what about the people who ran the multi billion pound banks ?! They knew what they were doing !!!

People like OSB have no vested interest and have provided a factual account of the situation. Sisu will always present information in a way that best suits them. I think it's right that this is questioned and queried, as I think people are finding everything isn't always as it appears !

This is exactly why Sisu had such an easy ride for years, people just don't read or understand what is put right in front of them.

By this stage of the thread you'd have thought people would have twigged.

Fuck me.

Seeing as you obviously had a re-read, will edit this and let you off the above!

Users who are viewing this thread