Crewe (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Just got in. What a great night. Yes two sloppy goals conceded but for the first time in a long time we're playing football and that's worth going for on it's own. PUSB.

Thought the last caller on the phone in (Martin, I think) was a great call. Summed it up for me. Next home game is on a bank holiday, people are of work let's make it a tenner and get a big crowd in.

SkyBlue_Bear83

3476d99cc48da5bfa0c166df152d6560.jpg
WOW This is Coventry.
27 shots!!!!
Got to improve on 0 passes if we want to stay top of the league though.

Rich

Got to improve on 0 passes if we want to stay top of the league though.
I agree we should really at leas attempt to pass if we wanna stay TOP OF THE LEAGUE. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

letsallsingtogether

Yea, seems pretty simple. Even better, we could cover it with a mat with a Coventry badge on it. Would take 30 seconds and could get the ball boys to do it.

Not something I want to see when we are playing at home. I don't know how much this sorta stuff affects the players but with Mowbray talking about fine margins and even going to the trouble of changing the colour of the team bus I can't see it inspiring our players seeing the Wasps badge every time they go to take a throw in.

Well it seemed to inspire them today.....

PUSB
We had that sting that was missing last season......;)
PUSB We are top of the league

Speedies_Chips

Yea, seems pretty simple. Even better, we could cover it with a mat with a Coventry badge on it. Would take 30 seconds and could get the ball boys to do it.

Not something I want to see when we are playing at home. I don't know how much this sorta stuff affects the players but with Mowbray talking about fine margins and even going to the trouble of changing the colour of the team bus I can't see it inspiring our players seeing the Wasps badge every time they go to take a throw in.

I didnt even notice it, I was watching the match. I doubt if the players noticed it either.

SkyBlueHomer

1st game of season for me tonight.
We are by no means the finished article, defending a bit suspect & to be fair our finishing at times let us down. Should really have scored at least 5.

What tonight proves though is this team is capable of grinding out a result. Football at times was a joy to watch. For the 1st time in god knows how many years we now have something to be optimistic about.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I didnt even notice it, I was watching the match. I doubt if the players noticed it either.

I was watching the match as well, I noticed it before the match and during half time.

Like I say I don't know if this affects them or not but it goes against everything Mowbray has been doing and preaching in preseason about creating an identity, feeling part of the club. He even made a point of saying there was nothing representing Coventry City around the Ricoh several time during preseason so I can't imagine him being happy with this. He says he is looking for small margin gains all the time and even went to the trouble of changing the colour of the bus and this is exactly the sort of thing that works against that. I'm not trying to hate on Wasps, I'm on Mowbrays side and agree with him.

Lets just leave it for tonight and enjoy the win but I'll be making a point tomorrow about emailing them to make sure this doesn't happen again.

wingy

Felt the lad Armstrong was more Isolated tonight.
Decision making and passing not of the same tempo, crispness of the Wigan game.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Felt the lad Armstrong was more Isolated tonight.
Decision making and passing not of the same tempo, crispness of the Wigan game.

With Crewe sitting deep and playing defensive he didn't get as many chances to bomb in behind the defence, he had to run the flanks or pick up the ball in front of the Crewe defence.

letsallsingtogether

I was watching the match as well, I noticed it before the match and during half time.

Like I say I don't know if this affects them or not but it goes against everything Mowbray has been doing and preaching in preseason about creating an identity, feeling part of the club. He even made a point of saying there was nothing representing Coventry City around the Ricoh several time during preseason so I can't imagine him being happy with this. He says he is looking for small margin gains all the time and even went to the trouble of changing the colour of the bus and this is exactly the sort of thing that works against that. I'm not trying to hate on Wasps, I'm on Mowbrays side and agree with him.

Lets just leave it for tonight and enjoy the win but I'll be making a point tomorrow about emailing them to make sure this doesn't happen again.

But the bus is Grey do we play in Grey? saw it parked up at Millwall.

letsallsingtogether

But who is the one Bitching about it:facepalm:

Nick

Administrator

I saw it, it wouldn't be too hard to cover it with something. Get the city badges printed off onto flags and put them over.

Tad

Although I've lost interest in football mostly, I'm glad to hear things starting well for them. I hope this is the start of something special and they keep up the momentum.

letsallsingtogether

people feel uncomfortable with it, why do you feel the need to argue against that?
Becauce we won a game and they start talking shit again. If that was a poster from the other side of the fence you would have been crying like a baby.
And anyway you know me I enjoy

letsallsingtogether

Yes but I don't wish to continue it tonight.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek:

Great win for the lads tonight and a great tribute to Jayden, big respect for the Crewe fans with the banner.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'll planning on emailing the club about it tomorrow, and I'd ask everyone who was unhappy with it to do the same. Who is best to send it to, generic club email or Kieran Crowley?

If I'm honest, I don't think the club will have a say.

club get the stadium opened for them a couple of hours before kick off, and get kicked out probably less than a couple of hours after.

wasps will do what they want no matter how upset fans get.

they won't give a toss if the club are happy or not IMO. Shame that

covmark

Becauce we won a game and they start talking shit again. If that was a poster from the other side of the fence you would have been crying like a baby.
And anyway you know me I enjoy

Ha, I know. I refuse to bite. We won. We are top of the league. Things are looking up too much to be bickering about bullshit. PUSB. Have a good evening LAST. :D

letsallsingtogether

Any way at least we saw 5 good goals tonight and a fighting spirit from the boys.
PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Were they there against Wigan? I know they had painted the outside black but can't remember them at Wigan.

Anyway, just cover them over for the next game. Get some tarp or something.

stupot07

Were they there against Wigan? I know they had painted the outside black but can't remember them at Wigan.

No, they've been put in since then.

On another note, as I said earlier first time I've driven in through the main entrance in a long time, it's all "we are wasps". I think it would be worth moving Jimmys statue around behind the east stand, where the bricks are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

James Smith

Get some branded tarpaulin made and then sell them in the club shop. :D

skybluepm2

Life in general really does feel a whole lot rosier at the moment. Are CCFC the main reason for me being a miserable bastard for the past 15 years?

All pulling together, atmosphere inside the ground, celebrating with random fans in moments of ecstasy and singing some weird unheard of song about being top of the league. I didn't want it to end. We weren't getting the ball in the corner in stoppage time despite a one goal lead, we were going for more.

We still need additions and as TM says there will be darker days ahead but let's enjoy it whilst we can. Took my best mate with us tonight who is a Chelsea ST holder and he was very impressed. Generally comes to a couple of games a season and he said that was the best city side he had seen.

Bring on Walsall! PUSB!

lifeskyblue

First 20mins was unbelievably good football: fast, inventive and controlled...a bit of luck and we could have been three up early on. We let Crewe back in it twice and we did lose our way a bit in the second half (by our current high standard) but we kept plugging away and it payed off. Pusb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

No, they've been put in since then.

On another note, as I said earlier first time I've driven in through the main entrance in a long time, it's all "we are wasps". I think it would be worth moving Jimmys statue around behind the east stand, where the bricks are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Well we come in from the Tesco side and nothing has changed wouldn't even know wasps played there.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea could do with a battering ram centre forward style player for these sort of days and the days when the pitches won't be so good, I think Mowbray knows this though an hopefully will address it. Its a bit harder to convince players to join though when you say, well you probably won't be playing now but when the pitches get crappy in the winter we will need you.

letsallsingtogether

First 20mins was unbelievably good football: fast, inventive and controlled...a bit of luck and we could have been three up early on. We let Crewe back in it twice and we did lose our way a bit in the second half (by our current high standard) but we kept plugging away and it payed off. Pusb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just how I saw it.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread