CRFC not affected by WASPS arrival! (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

So now you are saying people have unlimited access to cash and would not pick or choose? Long term of course it will have a damaging effect. Are you seriously telling me if say Barcelona or Chelsea were franchised and played in coventry that would not reduce CCFC attendance at all? Really?

Me going to Wasps isn't going to make a difference though is it?

Grendel

Me going to Wasps isn't going to make a difference though is it?

Yes it is because long term it will add to their strength. If there was an F A cup equivalent and CRFC and wasps were drawn together who would you support?

I have zero interest in the sport but I'd go to that and cheer the team with coventry heritage for all it's worth. Would you?

bigfatronssba

Yes it is because long term it will add to their strength. If there was an F A cup equivalent and CRFC and wasps were drawn together who would you support?

I have zero interest in the sport but I'd go to that and cheer the team with coventry heritage for all it's worth. Would you?

Wasps aren't going anywhere so whether people go or not wont make a difference.

I wouldn't class myself as a rugby fan, but the only club team I have ever gone and actively supported is CRFC and that will never change. Wasps was just a day out.

Grendel

Wasps aren't going anywhere so whether people go or not wont make a difference.

I wouldn't class myself as a rugby fan, but the only club team I have ever gone and actively supported is CRFC and that will never change. Wasps was just a day out.

Fair enough.

chiefdave

People are saying there is no chance of Cov ever getting to Wasps level but they aren't that far apart are they? If Cov go up and at some point Wasps go down aren't they in the same division?

Grendel

People are saying there is no chance of Cov ever getting to Wasps level but they aren't that far apart are they? If Cov go up and at some point Wasps go down aren't they in the same division?

I'm clueless about rugby but I think it's a closed shop in the top league. The team going down has one point.

It's all a bit Mickey Mouse with amateur teams outside the few elite who can't compete. Look at their World Cup - also rans make up the numbers to drag it out for a couple of weeks.

Nick

Administrator
It is interesting that a large % of those that do go (on here anyway) were VERY anti Sixfielders and the people who went to Sixfields.

All the things like "just a day out", "just watching top class rugby" is flying around but anybody who went to Sixfields supported "SISU FC" etc etc.

Which one is it? If you go to watch Wasps are you just going to watch a game of rugby (Which I personally think is fair enough and that is all it is), or is your attendance supporting Franchise Sport and promoting teams being moved (as people said people at Northampton were doing). Just remember what people said when somebody who went to Sixfields said "I just want to watch my team", they got mocked and called all sorts didn't they?

Ashdown

It is interesting that a large % of those that do go (on here anyway) were VERY anti Sixfielders and the people who went to Sixfields.

All the things like "just a day out", "just watching top class rugby" is flying around but anybody who went to Sixfields supported "SISU FC" etc etc.

Which one is it? If you go to watch Wasps are you just going to watch a game of rugby (Which I personally think is fair enough and that is all it is), or is your attendance supporting Franchise Sport and promoting teams being moved (as people said people at Northampton were doing). Just remember what people said when somebody who went to Sixfields said "I just want to watch my team", they got mocked and called all sorts didn't they?

I do agree with you, but the amount of times you have to bring that particular point up is getting tedious. Both incidences are wrong that's for sure but I have a growing feeling that one club have done it properly and will benefit from it and one club completely isolated and pissed off 90% of it's supporters doing it purely for financial gain for themselves { before it all backfired of course}.

lordsummerisle

I'm clueless about rugby but I think it's a closed shop in the top league. The team going down has one point.

It's all a bit Mickey Mouse with amateur teams outside the few elite who can't compete. Look at their World Cup - also rans make up the numbers to drag it out for a couple of weeks.

Think that the original teams who made up the Aviva Premiership get a much bigger share of money than anybody else who gets promoted or wasn't there at the start.

Not based on league position or anything that share.

Can't believe that deveral clubs are trying to get rid of the salary cap, should have learned thair lesson from football.

All that would happen is that the same pool of players that they have now would be getting paid more, and despite there being a bit more money going to Rugby than there used to be, it's still peanuts compared to football.

italiahorse

I wonder if there was an F A cup equivalent and wasps played CRFC who the likes of Ron, Italia etc would support on the day given they embrace franchising in sport as a concept.

I'm not from Coventry.
I just walk to the Ricoh and watch the entertainment.
Your entertainment seems to be wearing a hair shirt.

italiahorse

Never called anyone that went to Sixfields.
I did point out that if you attended you were effectively supporting Sisu plan to get the Ricoh by using the team.
You seem to pick one persons comments and group it up to try and prove a point.

italiahorse

I'll go along with clueless about Rugby. Something we agree on.

rob9872

The two are not comparable imo (and btw I don't go so neutral on this). Different sports, different type of fan bases, many if not most not even from cov.

What it does demonstrate is the appetite if we had ever got it right on the pitch. The fan base swelled by day trippers who want entertainment for their hard earned. United and Liverpool have plenty of day triplets, to sustain large crowds and success you need them. We have a hard core who believe they're super fans and despise the big game attendees and chastise them for Gillingham, Crewe, arsenal and united fixtures in recent memory. Part of the fabric of why we are where we are.

As for franchises don't forget the blaze who are praised on here (another sport I never really got) but I have been to the NFL at Wembley and that's the biggest franchise example of the lot.

The biggest difference with sixfields was the way it was done to spite, when alternative superior, local facilities were available and ripped from us. The distance was not relative, not to me anyhow, it was a moral standpoint not to attend.

rob9872

Triplets! Predictive grrrrrrr!

Users who are viewing this thread