CRICKET - Champions Trophy (1 Viewer)

Covstu

England off to a decent start, Hales and Root having decent knocks with Morgan chipping in a half century. Need to tighten up on our bowling attack for the next two games against NZ and the Aussies

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
First time I can remember that we're going into a major tournament with a settled side!

Roy aside (and Lords farce...), batsmen look in good nick. Bowlers could cost us, think Rashid will be key.

Looking forward to Eng v Oz at Edg :happy:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Woakes out for the tournament with a side strain.

I'd call up Roland-Jones been consistent for years at county level and can hold a bat.

They'll prob opt for Finn.

Could be a chance Broad could come back in but they don't seem to fancy him for one dayers.

So much cricket in all 3 formats coming up over the next few months just got to be careful on the burnout issues on all players especially the bowlers and more so the all rounders like stokes, Woakes, Ali etc

Covstu

Agree I think Finn will come in. Rashid needs to be part of this setup as he offers something slightly different but for some reason doesnt always get a look in. I would avoid Broad for ODI's albeit he is a great test asset.

NZ look fairly steady at the mo..

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Williamson, Smith, Root & Kohli really are 4 special batsman in this era, dominate in all 3 forms! Hopefully all be around for the next decade, they'll hold between them the runs records in all 3 forms!

Covstu

Only time I am actually confident but how many times I have said that to every tournament that England is in!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Only time I am actually confident but how many times I have said that to every tournament that England is in!

Didn't help changing a successful side on the eve of a tournament by dropping Rashid!

Ball is nowhere near ready for international cricket at the minute!

chiefdave

In danger of becoming a bit of a farce. The short tournament is great but when you start getting abandoned games you've got problems.

Given the forecast for Saturday Australia could be out without completing a game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

In danger of becoming a bit of a farce. The short tournament is great but when you start getting abandoned games you've got problems.

Given the forecast for Saturday Australia could be out without completing a game.

Yep, shame as it'll give people another stick to beat 50 over cricket with.

That'd be a shame to see the Aussies go out........

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

6 down you'd like to think that'd be that! Be good to wrap up the inns quickly to show real intent with a crushing win of a decent side!

Covstu

So who do you think will win? I think we have a great chance particularly if we can fend off the aussies. If I was a betting man I would still back India, they looked so impressive with a great balance of bowling attack and top batsman. England/India would be a great final

Terry Gibson's perm

So who do you think will win? I think we have a great chance particularly if we can fend off the aussies. If I was a betting man I would still back India, they looked so impressive with a great balance of bowling attack and top batsman. England/India would be a great final

England if they can prepare wickets to suit

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think the winner will come out the other group India would be my favourites followed by SA.

Users who are viewing this thread