Crowd be interesting next week. (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Agree entirely. Hate the offfield stuff and will criticize that, but we seem ( SISU seem ) to have got the message. We had a constructive pre season ( although pre season games were sometimes at short notice ) and have the right approach for this league. The court cases rumble on, but promotion after winning a trophy last season would really get things moving. I would forgive SISU - if we were back in the Championship with a well organized club and players being paid what they are worth ( not more than )allowing the club to survive.

Biggest off pitch problem would have to solved to ensure stability- where are playing for the next 10 years at least?

I still wouldn't say they have the message, there are just more capable people now working within CCFC. Even Boddy seems an improvement so far.

NortonSkyBlue

I'm not calling for match protests, I am enjoying the up turn in our fortunes (on the pitch)
I am just staggered at how quickly people are willing to forget what gone before.
That's all:emoji_pensive:
Actually I agree with all you are saying, but it's time to park the bile and focus on the grass.
Why? Because for once we may have something to enjoy rather than the hate and rancor that fills the air at the games.
I would wager that fisher is the number one name mentioned on here over his years. How great would it be that a player takes over that spot this season?

Brylowes

So you agree that nobody said forgive?

OK. So who said forget? If for some reason we ended up in a much better place than when they took over they might be forgiven. But I will never forget. None of us ever will.
I think I'm getting it now, if MR leaves we suffer catalogue of injuries and suffer the usual
New year slump, you and others will be all over SISU like a rash.
So.
Team wins games and does well = SISU in
Team loses games and does shite = SISU out

The stadium and academy situation, the prolonged court actions etc, have no bearing.

SkyBlueZack

I think I'm getting it now, if MR leaves we suffer catalogue of injuries and suffer the usual
So.

The stadium and academy situation, the prolonged court actions etc, have no bearing.

How ridiculous. It could be said your hatred of SISU and wanting them to suffer means you don't mind seeing CCFC suffer. Astute is no fan of SISU, he's a CCFC fan and wants to enjoy the season, like majority of fans. Give the SISU stuff a rest.

Nick

Administrator
So.

Apart from nobody at all is saying SISU in when we are winning. Most people will realise that we aren't winning because of SISU we are winning because of Robins / TW.

I'd like to think people will look at the reasons behind the slump before they start shouting aimlessly. If MR was to get approached by Chelsea and offered £5m a year I am not too sure you could shout at SISU for that. If we lose games because for some reason Robins puts out random teams and silly tactics then it's down to Robins.

Do people really live in such black or white worlds?

Joy Division

Personally I stopped going on a regular basis because it ceased to be enjoyable and because of my own budget constraints. I've never supported NOPM as I don't believe it will achieve anything other than the ultimate demise of the club. I genuinely believe that if SISU somehow manage to get us back to mid table in the Championship, then most of the protesters would disappear and the crowds would return to high teens or even 20k average.

'somehow' being the key word here. They've continually managed to fuck us over for the past 10 years on and off the pitch so not sure what makes anyone think they have the capability to haul us back to where they found us.

Brylowes

How ridiculous. It could be said your hatred of SISU and wanting them to suffer means you don't mind seeing CCFC suffer. Astute is no fan of SISU, he's a CCFC fan and wants to enjoy the season, like majority of fans. Give the SISU stuff a rest.
So you think I travel to home games and away games because I like to see CCFC suffer,
I cheer every goal and win as much As the next man, I truly hope we win the league.
I just think it would be wrong and ultimately dangerous for people to lose sight of the real
and ongoing problem at this Football club. I'm not looking for an argument though :emoji_disappointed:

Nick

Administrator
So you think I travel to home games and away games because I like to see CCFC suffer,
I cheer every goal and win as much As the next man, I truly hope we win the league.
I just think it would be wrong and ultimately dangerous for people to lose sight of the real
and ongoing problem at this Football club. I'm not looking for an argument though :emoji_disappointed:

People being positive, getting behind the team and making matchdays a bit more enjoyable again isn't forgetting anything.

You might have a point if the excitement and buzz was about SISU and Joy being great, there isn't any of that. It's all about Robins, the players, the squad, the decent recruitment.

Astute

'somehow' being the key word here. They've continually managed to fuck us over for the past 10 years on and off the pitch so not sure what makes anyone think they have the capability to haul us back to where they found us.
The funding side is down to SISU. They could give Robins a pittance of what we hand over or give him enough. Would anyone like to say his budget isn't enough this season?

Next it is down to them to secure somewhere to play. Although it is said to be down to CCFC.

So if we fail this season it isn't down to the budget. So yes it would be down to something or someone else.

Skybluefaz

So.

giphy.gif

Astute

So.

Are you being serious. Because it doesn't look so. It seems as though you are against supporter unity.

Irish Sky Blue

Personally I stopped going on a regular basis because it ceased to be enjoyable and because of my own budget constraints. I've never supported NOPM as I don't believe it will achieve anything other than the ultimate demise of the club. I genuinely believe that if SISU somehow manage to get us back to mid table in the Championship, then most of the protesters would disappear and the crowds would return to high teens or even 20k average.
If it was simply about what they have done to the team then fair enough, mid Championship, back where they have found us. However, we had the option to buy into the stadium built for us when they arrived, we had somewhere for the academy to be based and there was no threat hanging over Ryton. If they can restore all of this they might be on the road to being forgiven. Do you think this will all happen?

Astute

Would you like to explain how wanting supporter unity means everyone would lose sight of what was and is wrong with our football club?

Astute

If it was simply about what they have done to the team then fair enough, mid Championship, back where they have found us. However, we had the option to buy into the stadium built for us when they arrived, we had somewhere for the academy to be based and there was no threat hanging over Ryton. If they can restore all of this they might be on the road to being forgiven. Do you think this will all happen?
Nobody thinks it will happen. I don't know anyone who trusts them in any way.

Irish Sky Blue

Pressure needs To be kept up in the media, if the fans are quiet everyone just assumes
We are happy with our lot, the media drop their interest in our plight = SISU in clear.
It is already happening. There was a City fan on 606 after the Notts County game. He said how well we had played and how it was great to get off to such a good start. The presenter then said "So the problems you have had over recent seasons are being solved." Credit to the City fan as he quickly said this wasn't so and pointed out the tremendous problems we still have, due to our owners.
Success on the pitch is great. It doesn't take away what Sisu have done and are doing. We need them to go before real progress can be made and we can have our club back again.

Joy Division

The funding side is down to SISU. They could give Robins a pittance of what we hand over or give him enough. Would anyone like to say his budget isn't enough this season?

Next it is down to them to secure somewhere to play. Although it is said to be down to CCFC.

So if we fail this season it isn't down to the budget. So yes it would be down to something or someone else.

But then, the reason we are where we are is down to the budget.

Nick

Administrator
Are you being serious. Because it doesn't look so. It seems as though you are against supporter unity.

I'm not sure what it is, people will be desperate to put a downer on it. The trust haven't said anything about recruitment or a decent start but randomly release a statement about us not being at the Ricoh when the new station changes come into effect.

Nobody forgets about SISU or things that have gone on because we get a few good results. Although some seem to be a bit worried at the thought of it, as if a SISU out song was really pressuring them anyway and if it isn't sung then it means everybody has had their brains wiped and don't remember things.

It's as if people are seeing others happy about things at CCFC and then assuming that people are praising SISU for it, just because they themselves see a bad thing and instantly shout SISU for it whatever it is. It doesn't work like that.

And people moan at me when I say things about fans intelligence. :(

Astute

But then, the reason we are where we are is down to the budget.
Correct. In the 90's our budget was well over our income. That is what put us in the shit. It was only about 3 years ago that our budget went to the levels of our income.

Our problem is that we have been run badly for over 20 years and have had mainly underachieving managers in this time. Yes SISU have run us badly. Nobody could dispute this. But so did those before them.

Irish Sky Blue

Agree entirely. Hate the offfield stuff and will criticize that, but we seem ( SISU seem ) to have got the message. We had a constructive pre season ( although pre season games were sometimes at short notice ) and have the right approach for this league. The court cases rumble on, but promotion after winning a trophy last season would really get things moving. I would forgive SISU - if we were back in the Championship with a well organized club and players being paid what they are worth ( not more than )allowing the club to survive.

Biggest off pitch problem would have to solved to ensure stability- where are playing for the next 10 years at least?
What have Sisu done to show that they have got the message? We are constantly told that City and Sisu are separate. Well fair enough then. The team, under the management of Mark Robins seem to be going in the right direction. Apart from allowing him to get on with it, what have Sisu done? There seems to be no change in their approach as outlined by the continuing court cases. We are told no news about the academy or about where we will be playing next season. Fisher makes the big announcement in March about the Butts being the preferred option. Since then, nothing. Classic Sisu spin.
Success on the pitch is great and I will love it this season if we get promotion.The team is doing well but the huge problems we have as a club remain. If nothing is said then as far as the outside world is concerned, including the football authorities, everything at Coventry is fine and Sisu are off the hook. I totally disagree that chanting "Sisu Out" negatively affects the team. There were chants at both our winning league games when Robins and team members commented on the strength of the support. I agree, Sisu won't be bothered but at least it can be pointed out that for the majority of the fans we are still saying we want Sisu to go. How else can fans register there discontent with the owners?

Astute

What have Sisu done to show that they have got the message? We are constantly told that City and Sisu are separate. Well fair enough then. The team, under the management of Mark Robins seem to be going in the right direction. Apart from allowing him to get on with it, what have Sisu done? There seems to be no change in their approach as outlined by the continuing court cases. We are told no news about the academy or about where we will be playing next season. Fisher makes the big announcement in March about the Butts being the preferred option. Since then, nothing. Classic Sisu spin.
Success on the pitch is great and I will love it this season if we get promotion.The team is doing well but the huge problems we have as a club remain. If nothing is said then as far as the outside world is concerned, including the football authorities, everything at Coventry is fine and Sisu are off the hook. I totally disagree that chanting "Sisu Out" negatively affects the team. There were chants at both our winning league games when Robins and team members commented on the strength of the support. I agree, Sisu won't be bothered but at least it can be pointed out that for the majority of the fans we are still saying we want Sisu to go. How else can fans register there discontent with the owners?
SISU spin is them saying nothing?

I would be delighted if I didn't hear from them again this season.

Nick

Administrator

There has been news about the academy. Again though, it wasn't "SISU" it was Richard Stevens working on it.

It sounds like that actually you now think SISU won't be bothered and it won't pressure them and it will just make some fans feel better that people haven't forgotten. It's as if people need to be re-assured that others haven't forgotten week in week out if we are doing well.

People are just enjoying good football, decent results a bit of positivity. It's as if people want to go on about Sixfields etc if anybody mentions anything good just in case people get too happy about CCFC.

Just to point out again, things aren't just win games = sisu good and lose games = sisu bad.

Irish Sky Blue

There has been news about the academy. Again though, it wasn't "SISU" it was Richard Stevens working on it.

It sounds like that actually you now think SISU won't be bothered and it won't pressure them and it will just make some fans feel better that people haven't forgotten. It's as if people need to be re-assured that others haven't forgotten week in week out if we are doing well.

People are just enjoying good football, decent results a bit of positivity. It's as if people want to go on about Sixfields etc if anybody mentions anything good just in case people get too happy about CCFC.

Just to point out again, things aren't just win games = sisu good and lose games = sisu bad.
I think most supporters would be more reassured about all of the major issues that afflict the club if Sisu would come out and say what their plan is. The possibility is that they don't have one. I don't think that that is acceptable. They have a history of making disastrous decisions with regard to our club and to just bury your head in the sand and say forget about them because things look good on the pitch is not good enough.
My stance on Sisu hasn't changed since it became obvious a good few years ago how they were running our club into the ground. What happens on the pitch doesn't change that. A pundit on Talk Sport actually said "Oh if they (CCFC) start winning games, the fans will quickly forget all of this." Thankfully I think that this is not true and that most of us still want Sisu to be held to account for what they have done and want them to leave.

martcov

I still wouldn't say they have the message, there are just more capable people now working within CCFC. Even Boddy seems an improvement so far.

Robins left last time saying he didn't get assurances from Joy. ( and he was offered more money elsewhere). I have to believe they have given him some sort of assurances this time otherwise why bother?

Nick

Administrator
I think most supporters would be more reassured about all of the major issues that afflict the club if Sisu would come out and say what their plan is. The possibility is that they don't have one. I don't think that that is acceptable. They have a history of making disastrous decisions with regard to our club and to just bury your head in the sand and say forget about them because things look good on the pitch is not good enough.
My stance on Sisu hasn't changed since it became obvious a good few years ago how they were running our club into the ground. What happens on the pitch doesn't change that. A pundit on Talk Sport actually said "Oh if they (CCFC) start winning games, the fans will quickly forget all of this." Thankfully I think that this is not true and that most of us still want Sisu to be held to account for what they have done and want them to leave.
Who is saying forget them if we are winning?

Week in week out if we lose people are on phone ins blaming sisu for it, even if it's a glaring individual player error or manager error. It's no wonder random bbc presenters have no idea is it?

From an outside perspective as every little bad thing is shouted as down to sisu they will assume sisu have changed and are on the up.

Last edited:

Adge

Look-nobody is wrong or nobody's opinion on matters Ccfc are wrong. NOPM isn't wrong, people (4000) who purchased season tickets are not wrong, people who didn't buy season tickets are not wrong, people who are buying match packages are not wrong, people who are picking and choosing on a game by game basis are not wrong, people who will not buy merchandise are not wrong. People who currently go to away games only are not wrong.
I have my own views(I'm sure most know this) about the club/Sisu and what has gone on in the past and certainly am not going to forget-but I'm hoping this is going to become diluted this season by what's going on on the field instead of off the field for a change.

Otis

Apart from nobody at all is saying SISU in when we are winning. Most people will realise that we aren't winning because of SISU we are winning because of Robins / TW.

I'd like to think people will look at the reasons behind the slump before they start shouting aimlessly. If MR was to get approached by Chelsea and offered £5m a year I am not too sure you could shout at SISU for that. If we lose games because for some reason Robins puts out random teams and silly tactics then it's down to Robins.

Do people really live in such black or white worlds?

I dunno, ask David Duke.

Irish Sky Blue

Who is saying forget them if we are winning?

Week in week out if we lose people are on phone ins blaming sisu for it, even if it's a glaring individual player error or manager error. It's no wonder random bbc presenters have no idea is it?

From an outside perspective as every little bad thing is shouted as down to sisu they will assume sisu have changed and are on the up.
I think most people are well aware of what Sisu are responsible for. It isn't every little thing. It is the major threat to the existence of our club. Moans and gripes about ticketing etc are justified as it is they who have put in the systems that do not work properly (even if that is down to employing a third party like Ticketmaster). However, It is the major issue of the clubs very future in Coventry, the academy, the training ground, the ongoing legal action and the fact that it is patently obvious that Sisu do not care about the club and would liquidate in an instant if it were to their advantage. Success on the pitch is great, being positive about Robin's, the players is also great. It doesn't mean that what Sisu have done and continue to do should be ignored.

Nick

Administrator
I think most people are well aware of what Sisu are responsible for. It isn't every little thing. It is the major threat to the existence of our club. Moans and gripes about ticketing etc are justified as it is they who have put in the systems that do not work properly (even if that is down to employing a third party like Ticketmaster). However, It is the major issue of the clubs very future in Coventry, the academy, the training ground, the ongoing legal action and the fact that it is patently obvious that Sisu do not care about the club and would liquidate in an instant if it were to their advantage. Success on the pitch is great, being positive about Robin's, the players is also great. It doesn't mean that what Sisu have done and continue to do should be ignored.
Do they? You have totally ignored me saying Richard Stevens was sorting the academy stuff. Chris Anderson sorted ticket master. So you aren't aware by the look of it.

No doubt you will just say "yes but they hired so and so" and lead it back, in which case you will be praising them for robins and tw right?

That's the thing, if you are finding every little thing that's bad and finding a path back it works on the other side, which is why people are imagining things like "sisu in" and you keep acting as if people are saying things should be ignored. You at all little gripes are valid back to sisu, so using your logic praise is valid too. That's why you see people being happy with ccfc as praising sisu, that's not how it is.

Nobody has said a thing should be forgotten, no idea why you keep saying that.

Astute

Look-nobody is wrong or nobody's opinion on matters Ccfc are wrong. NOPM isn't wrong, people (4000) who purchased season tickets are not wrong, people who didn't buy season tickets are not wrong, people who are buying match packages are not wrong, people who are picking and choosing on a game by game basis are not wrong, people who will not buy merchandise are not wrong. People who currently go to away games only are not wrong.
I have my own views(I'm sure most know this) about the club/Sisu and what has gone on in the past and certainly am not going to forget-but I'm hoping this is going to become diluted this season by what's going on on the field instead of off the field for a change.
I go to mainly away games these days. Nothing to do with NOPM. It was to do with how crap we have been playing. At least with away games you can have a good day out.

Now I will be at home games as well. Bought a new top today. Not a lot, but hopefully a couple of quid towards the players. It isn't money to SISU as much as we know.

So who has anything against us supporters uniting with each other and getting behind our players?

Astute

Nobody has said a thing should be forgotten, no idea why you keep saying that.

It is starting to look to me as though some want to keep us divided. Just look at some if the accusations on this thread. Either that or they have a 1 track mind and won't consider anything but their own view.

Nick

Administrator
It is starting to look to me as though some want to keep us divided. Just look at some if the accusations on this thread. Either that or they have a 1 track mind and won't consider anything but their own view.
Look at the examples, if something bad happens within ccfc it's "yes but sisu hired them" so if somebody does something good then using their logic sisu should get praise.

It's not like that, if the person doing social media is doing a great job that's fair play to them. It's not joy doing it.

If it's a bad job, its sisu.

Very much one track mind. Again, that's not saying ignore anything, its just using the "but they hired them" logic in reverse.

Astute

Look at the examples, if something bad happens within ccfc it's "yes but sisu hired them" so if somebody does something good then using their logic sisu should get praise.

It's not like that, if the person doing social media is doing a great job that's fair play to them. It's not joy doing it.

If it's a bad job, its sisu.

Very much one track mind. Again, that's not saying ignore anything, its just using the "but they hired them" logic in reverse.
Lets all get behind the lads = SISU are forgiven

We need to unite = forget what SISU have done

Users who are viewing this thread