Csa problems (1 Viewer)

Colin1883

Has anyone had much to do with the Csa? .. My problem is my youngest is 18, I got him in with the agency where I work un July, I phoned them a few weeks later to report a change of circumstances and they told me nothing could be done until the 1st. Of September when my ex stops claiming family allowance, so I left it at that expecting a payment to go out September, come October they take another payment, so I phoned them again and they said they would put it foreward for investigation, come November they take yet another payment. , so I phoned them again and they haven't started to investigate why I am still making payments.
Have they made amistake and are trying to cover it up as they are closing down on the 1sr of January if they can fob me of for a few more weeks there will be no way of getting my money back?

Colin1883

Yes, I spoken to the bank and they said even if I cancelled it they would be legally obliged to pay it if they requested payment. I've had a running battle with the csa since 2009

henry the wasp

Sorry fella. Are you on the old system or new system? Forget for a minute about January that's just rebranding its image.
Have you received any letters about when your financial responsibilities end?

Last edited:

Colin1883

Yeah, the new people sent me a letter saying after the 1st of Jan I would have to make a personal arrangement with the ex, I phoned them and explained the circumstances that my kid was working and they advised me to contact the csa in July

W

westcountry_skyblue

Mine changed to the new CMS (child maintenance service) 18 months ago,They sent me a review in July and it actually went down every week! If you need their number let me know it should all be changing over soon I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread