Daft and dumb things we have done (1 Viewer)

Otis

I've tried pretty much every drug available over the years.....not bragging.....I'm just a fuck-up.

However the worst time I've had was on "smart" drugs whist over in the Dam......Me & 2 other lads were already flying on a cocktail of liberty caps & MDMA so thought we'd better swerve our original plan of a big bag of charles.....

....so we purchased several bottles of smart synthetics from some back street head shop.....marketed as liquid ecstacy.......fucking hell....imagine the strongest skunk mixed with the strongest H, stirred into 6 gallons of red-bull & poppers & then condensed into a bottle the size of a kids yoghurt pot.....

I've been to the Dam about 15 times & you always see a few lads who you think have a very good chance of drowning in a canal, getting stabbed by a turkish dealer or flying over the cukoos nest......

..well that weekend, it was us 3.
Do you think it is a generation thing?

Think I have only been offered drugs once in my life. I declined.

Someone was passing round marijuana cakes at a party.

I think over the past 20 years or so they have been easier to get hold of haven't they?

Can't remember anyone from school or my teens ever even mentioning drugs at all and never saw anyone ever smoke weed or anything.

I was in my thirties before my first and only encounter (the party cakes).

jimmyhillsfanclub

Do you think it is a generation thing?

I think over the past 20 years or so they have been easier to get hold of haven't they?

Can't remember anyone from school or my teens ever even mentioning drugs at all and never saw anyone ever smoke weed or anything.

I was in my thirties before my first and only encounter (the party cakes).

I've met junkies, ravers & pill-heads from many generations Otis, so I can only assume its what company you keep (or fall in with) when you're young & dumb.....

I'm 45 now......I was certainly part of the rave generation.....The late 80's is where it really started for me.....all the illegal raves & parties organised by the new age travellers or any old rag-tag bunch of ravers with decks & a generator.....great great days indeed.

Not all good fun of course,.....I've lost a good few mates along the way.....My 2 best friends both died within a year of each other back in the late 1990's as they got way too deep into H....

The current spice epidemic is scary......horrible horrible stuff that appears to be more addictive & damaging than the Heroin epidemic of the 1980s.....frightening

shmmeee

I've met junkies, ravers & pill-heads from many generations Otis, so I can only assume its what company you keep (or fall in with) when you're young & dumb.....

I'm 45 now......I was certainly part of the rave generation.....The late 80's is where it really started for me.....all the illegal raves & parties organised by the new age travellers or any old rag-tag bunch of ravers with decks & a generator.....great great days indeed.

Not all good fun of course,.....I've lost a good few mates along the way.....My 2 best friends both died within a year of each other back in the late 1990's as they got way too deep into H....

The current spice epidemic is scary......horrible horrible stuff that appears to be more addictive & damaging than the Heroin epidemic of the 1980s.....frightening

I agree that it's who you fall in with. I was proper anti drugs when I met my teenage friendship group, but not so much peer pressure as seeing people being fine with it changed my mind. Still did loads of research on anything before I tried it. Remember reading research papers on pills on the internet when I was 18 lol.

Once the seal of "don't break the law" is gone, you don't see it as "drugs!" And take each one on its merits. Luckily I've not lost anyone, one ex friend did get into heroin for a bit but we didn't like it and barely spoke to him at the time, and he came off it in the end. My mates ex did lose a toe from gout that was apparently too much coke.

To be honest the worst fuck up I know is an alcoholic. Turns up at noon pissed out his face and denying it. Really sad to see, Some mates turn him away but I can't do it and always bring him in for some dinner and to sober up else fuck knows where he'd wonder off to.

I really think rehab services need more funding and less stigma. Will give a shout out to Cyrenians though who seem to be reallly helping him since he became homeless a while back. Never told anyone because of his pride, we only found out later. Coventry Cyrenians

(This post rambled off track a bit)

covmark

Yeah I'm similar tbh. The only thing I'd never touch at that time was heroin, mainly because we saw what it did to people. I saw drug taking as something that was fun, heroin didn't look fun one little bit.

Haven't touched so much as a joint now for over 10 years. I think I completely changed my view of what I was doing when me and the Mrs had our first child. That was it then for me. Had another little life to look after. Couldn't spend my whole week recovering from a manic weekend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

skybluedan

I'm 41 and it was early 90s for me I used to work at the eclipse and go some scabby raves , even some at the Mercia club in foleshill and was known to be on mic a bit , done a few acid and microdots but weren't really for me , was more of coke and e man meself and enjoyed every minute of it , never really been one for drinking have always just preferred a joint or now a vape , just remember seeing people twatted on acid in my hood (radford) on the common puking a lot , would never try brown or crack or now as you say spice is just as worse Or the mamba shit
Wierd about 5 6 years ago shop opened here just selling spice and salvia , was open about 3 months and then the states realised what it was and shut them down and banned all leagues highs , would never try any plant food and shit fuck that
got to legalise the weed and get the spice fucked off

Nick

Administrator
That spice looks mental, why would you?

They had raves at that mercia place? Ha just boot sales now isn't it?

Gazolba

<snip>

<snip>.
I've never been offered a drug, but at a stop light in HIllfields, I once got propositioned by a woman.

trevelfarandwide

Mmm, drugs, haha.

I've had to develop a particularly high level of will power where drugs are/were concerned - I enjoyed them too much, prior to having children. Speed and MDMA were my choice elements, tried everything else but heroin, crack and trips.

Stupidest thing/dumbest thing I ever did with drugs was to mix weed, alcohol and MDMA: not only did i puke some of my stomach lining up, I was trapsing around a town outside Bristol (still can't recall it's name) asking people to "join me on a march for squirrels in distress". A friend promptly located me, bundled me into his van (which probably looked iffy) and got me back to his house, where I spent 2 days recovering in utter misery and Roy Orbison sun glasses. :)

Also, daft thing ahoy, my mum just asked me to call her house phone and check on her dogs, since she's in Cheltenham till tomorrow. Yep, I know...

Sick Boy

I'm very much of the opinion that all drugs should be legalised.

One of my best friends battled heroin addiction from 2012 until last year and is now very much an alcoholic. The lack of services and support is shocking.

oucho

A mate of mine (CCFC fan) once said "thank you" when receiving his cash........from a cash machine...

Also Marty trying to hit on his physiotherapist sounded a properly ropey thing to do!

Joelly

Having tried most drugs readily available at the minute the only substance that routinely makes me do stupid and daft things is alcohol. 100% the most out of control I ever get and I am sure its the same for most people. Other than that I advise anyone to stay away from ket, or take only a small amount. Hate the stuff.

Weed should be legal for production, growing and selling etc. Nothing wrong with it and acts as a really good stress relief. I find it makes me really pay attention to small things and have good meaningful conversations.

Other party drugs are great every once in a while but you can really feel the after affects of them. Can see why people get addicted though.

But overarching point. Alcohol is an awful substance. Should probably stop drinking but you know, easier said than done

Gazolba

I was once in an art gallery with my ex-wife, and after looking at several paintings, she offered this pearl of wisdom "the best thing about paintings is that they are all different".

mrtrench

I've been really dumb recently. I've tried to organise demonstrations in countries in danger of having right wing extremists voted in. When they denied me access I called them 'Nazi remnants' and my people have been rioting in the streets. Silly me, I shouldn't have done that.

Bob Bones

Shaking my head myself at this one.

I have spent a couple of weeks now trawling supermarket shelves looking for aluminium cooking foil that is suitable for microwaves. Yeah, I know, daft right!!

Been really scratching my head as to why I can't get it when I have quite clearly got it before. At last that was what my mind was telling me.

Finally just clicked with me now that I need 'suitable for ovens,' not microwaves, as no foil would ever be suitable for a microwave if you are microwaving stuff!! Bleeding obvious!

I kind of got sidetracked and that was my downfall. I always use the microwave to grill stuff. It has a built in grill as t he one on our cooker isn't very good.

Anyway, the missus has always bought the foil, but I noticed that lately she had been buying cheaper stuff and when you read the small print on the boxes it is quite often only suitable for wrapping and not cooking. Bit pointless really isn't it, but you would be surprised how many foils now say not suitable for ovens.

This is where I got mixed-up. I wanted foil suitable for ovens, but as I grill with the microwave I somehow got it into my head that I needed foil suitable for microwaves. Hence my very pointless, fruitless search.

What a numpty.

Anyone else guilty of such ineptitude?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHH

NAH

Users who are viewing this thread