Dann flattered by move speculation (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

danncrop_2532874.jpg
Skysports.com understands Birmingham defender Scott Dann is a target for Premier League rivals Liverpool and Tottenham.
Dann has been earning rave reviews for Birmingham this season and has been tipped for an England call-up after a number of eye-catching performances at the heart of the Blues' backline.
A number of clubs are thought to be tracking the former England Under 21 international, who will get another chance to impress in Wednesday's Carling Cup clash with Aston Villa.
Liverpool are believed to be ready to step up their interest in the 23-year-old in the wake of the injury to Jamie Carragher.
The versatile defender has been ruled out of action for three months with a dislocated shoulder and Liverpool-born Dann is thought to be on Roy Hodgson's wanted list in the January transfer window to cover for Carragher's absence.
Spurs are also keeping a watching brief on Dann's situation at St Andrews with Harry Redknapp keen to bolster his defensive options due to the ongoing long-term fitness concerns over Ledley King.
Birmingham are determined to keep hold of Dann with the player establishing himself as a key member of Alex McLeish's squad since his arrival from Coventry in the summer of 2009.

Flattered

Dann admits he is flattered to be linked with a move to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, but he is keeping his focus on his football.

"Obviously the speculation linking me with some top clubs in the Premier League is flattering," Dann told skysports.com.
"Ultimately it is my ambition to play at the highest level with a major club like it is for any player, but for the time being I am happy playing at Birmingham and I am focused on doing my best for the club."
pencil.png

Users who are viewing this thread