Dann reveals England ambition (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

0,,10412~6026969,00.jpg
City defender keen to earn international call
Birmingham defender Scott Dann has revealed his dream of playing for England in the future.
The 23-year-old centre-back played a key role as the Blues secured a 1-0 home victory over Premier League leaders Chelsea on Saturday.
Dann knows City goalkeeper Ben Foster deserves much of the credit for that win, and admits he would one day like to follow in the England shot-stopper's footsteps by pulling on a Three Lions jersey.
He told Sky Sports News: "I'd love to play for England one day and I think, the way I am, I just try and get on with my own game and keep trying to improve and take every day as it comes.
"If the chance comes along I'll be trying probably harder than anyone else out there to get myself in there."
Dann has enjoyed playing alongside England internationals such as Foster and Manchester City keeper Joe Hart, who spent time on loan at St Andrews last season.
The youngster admits it is uplifting as a defender to have international players backing you up on the field.

Tough

"Being a defender you can always count on them and know that it's going to be really tough for any striker to score past them," he said of Foster and Hart.
"It gives you that extra bit of confidence that I think you need as a defender and to be honest, playing in front of both them of has been brilliant."
While admitting Foster was instrumental in denying Chelsea a share of the spoils on Saturday, Dann was also impressed with Birmingham's collective display.
"I think they had about six or seven (players) up there in the end and I think by that time we realised they weren't going to score and I think we made that evident in the game," he said.
"Obviously they had quite a number of chances and Ben kept us in it but I think, coming into the last 10 minutes of the game, we were so determined to keep them out."

Users who are viewing this thread