Danny Newton - Tamworth (1 Viewer)

steve82

Reports are we're monitoring Tamworth's striker Danny Newton who's playing under Andy Morrell. Scored 29 goals in national league north this season. Aged 26, played his football at non league level I believe so far.
Former leamington player, Nuneaton I think. anyone seen him know anything more about him?
Coventry City consider move for Tamworth striker Danny Newton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I don't want to hear about Coventry City considering a move for a player. I only want to hear that we HAVE signed a player.

Far too many 'we are considering a move' and we lose out.

Let's hope this Newton is good though and if so, does come.

Not counting my chickens though.

Greenskyblue

Saw him a few times down Tamworth. Can be fairly anonymous in games but does always seem to bag a goal. Not sure if the 2 league jump would be too much

Gaz

Can see plenty more speculation around non league players over the next month or so with Tommy Widdington on board.

At least the speculation will be players you'd like to think we actually have a chance of signing

skyblue025

Can see plenty more speculation around non league players over the next month or so with Tommy Widdington on board.

At least the speculation will be players you'd like to think we actually have a chance of signing

Not if there was a fee involved.

ajsccfc

Vincelot too, I remember even the official club Twitter account having a fit that we'd actuallypaid some money to a team to take a player.

oucho

I don't want to hear about Coventry City considering a move for a player. I only want to hear that we HAVE signed a player.

Far too many 'we are considering a move' and we lose out.

Let's hope this Newton is good though and if so, does come.

Not counting my chickens though.
100% agree - stories like "Mark Robins bides his time on Glovers defender", "Coventry City linked to promising defender" and "CCFC eye Yeovil starlet" are going to get old very quickly, just like they did last summer.

Garryb80

100% agree - stories like "Mark Robins bides his time on Glovers defender", "Coventry City linked to promising defender" and "CCFC eye Yeovil starlet" are going to get old very quickly, just like they did last summer.
So if no stories were out all summer until confirmed signings are made could you guarantee you wouldn't moan at lack of stories about players?

oucho

So if no stories were out all summer until confirmed signings are made could you guarantee you wouldn't moan at lack of stories about players?

Too right.....the point I am making is, let's not waste column inches on speculation, I'd like us to start recruiting new players now and then reading the reports of this actual news!

P.S. did anyone above note that we're in a low position indeed if we are aiming to sign up first teamers from Tamworth!

steve82

Too right.....the point I am making is, let's not waste column inches on speculation, I'd like us to start recruiting new players now and then reading the reports of this actual news!

P.S. did anyone above note that we're in a low position indeed if we are aiming to sign up first teamers from Tamworth!

I disagree on nearly everything you say here, I'm sorry.
I personally want to know we're looking and possibly chasing any player. It's what the summer is about especially on a football forum.
It's very early in the window to be actually signing players tho not unheard of as a few signings have gone through already. But clubs are only just still informing players if there registration is being kept and terms offered or not.
Not quite sure why a player from Tamworth who's scored nearly as many goals this season than our entire first team did in league goals, that's also had a lot of league clubs scouting him in the last few months we should not be looking at and be beneath us.
If Peterborough had signed him we'd all be saying why was we not interested.
Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz

Warwickhunt

offer the right money and wages and he will join, but this is cheapskate CCFC dont forget!

ccfcway

saw him play twice for tamworth last season. Cleary only two games, but I don't even remember him playing, let alone scoring. Just had to google it to see if he was playing.

That said, Tamworth were dreadful both times.

oucho

I disagree on nearly everything you say here, I'm sorry.
I personally want to know we're looking and possibly chasing any player. It's what the summer is about especially on a football forum.
It's very early in the window to be actually signing players tho not unheard of as a few signings have gone through already. But clubs are only just still informing players if there registration is being kept and terms offered or not.
Not quite sure why a player from Tamworth who's scored nearly as many goals this season than our entire first team did in league goals, that's also had a lot of league clubs scouting him in the last few months we should not be looking at and be beneath us.
If Peterborough had signed him we'd all be saying why was we not interested.
Just my opinion.

Personal choice - for me, unless we are actually signing someone then it's non news, just padding. I'm not bothered at all about reading an article today regarding someone we MIGHT be signing in a few weeks time, it's just not interesting. I suspect the the journos have to write something to justify their salary so just churn out rumour and speculation as news - nothing new there!

steve82

Personal choice - for me, unless we are actually signing someone then it's non news, just padding. I'm not bothered at all about reading an article today regarding someone we MIGHT be signing in a few weeks time, it's just not interesting. I suspect the the journos have to write something to justify their salary so just churn out rumour and speculation as news - nothing new there!

Respect and understand your view.

Users who are viewing this thread