Danny Newton - Tamworth (1 Viewer)

Gaz

Andre Gray was playing at Hinckley not that long ago
I'm not that fused where a player comes from as long as he is good enough

Gazolba

The fact that anyone can get excited by us possibly signing someone from Tamworth just shows how far we've fallen.
I seem to remember Iyseden Christie playing for them not that long ago and banging in the goals, and he was a player we deemed over the hill years ago.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Won't pretend I know anything about this Tamworth striker but I do think it's time we look at non-league talent. Plenty of examples in recent years show there's some real jems in there, some of who, just haven't had the opportunity to make it.

A lot of young players in the mon league are 'academy rejects' but they're keen and wanting to work their way up the ladder, which is what we need at the club. In recent seasons we've had too many 34 year old journeymen, turning up for an easy wage.

covcity4life

Not really, it just means we would potentially look at signing up and coming players with a hunger to progress rather than Darius Hendersons.

not too long ago this forum was asking for experienced players like darius henderson and less kids.

torchomatic

The fact that anyone can get excited by us possibly signing someone from Tamworth just shows how far we've fallen.
I seem to remember Iyseden Christie playing for them not that long ago and banging in the goals, and he was a player we deemed over the hill years ago.

Disagree. It shows we are finally being canny. Peterborough do it all the time and have signed a non league player already. About time we followed their lead.

steve82

Disagree. It shows we are finally being canny. Peterborough do it all the time and have signed a non league player already. About time we followed their lead.

I'd love to know how much Peterborough have actually made in the last 15 years when they've signed a non league player and then sold them on. Got to be 10+ million.
I'm sure they have signed the odd few that didn't work but a good percentage have.
It's little wonder that non league players make the easy decision to go Peterborough given the record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, it's not like Peterborough are the epitome of success though, is it? If anything, it's a similar model to our own...sell academy stars on for money as opposed to sign non-league star for money.

The end result is the same...these players will eventually be sold for profit if they're good. It's the same for any L1/L2 club. Rinse and repeat.

steve82

To be fair, it's not like Peterborough are the epitome of success though, is it? If anything, it's a similar model to our own...sell academy stars on for money as opposed to sign non-league star for money.

The end result is the same...these players will eventually be sold for profit if they're good. It's the same for any L1/L2 club. Rinse and repeat.

Id say there model was a little more successful than ours, tho you are generally right in your assessment of the way the two clubs feeds there income. We sell on our academy products and they sell on there polished non league gems.
I think they win hands down on income generated on there business model and luckily for them seem far more secure as a result.
They have generated over 20+ million from the sales of non league players. Some recruitment that is

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Under SISU and Fisher it's RINSE AND SPIN . :facepalm::wacky:

Captain Dart

Id say there model was a little more successful than ours, tho you are generally right in your assessment of the way the two clubs feeds there income. We sell on our academy products and they sell on there polished non league gems.
I think they win hands down on income generated on there business model and luckily for them seem far more secure as a result.
They have generated over 20+ million from the sales of non league players. Some recruitment that is

The new model, fed by Widdrington?

On the other hand Richard Stevens made a +ve tweet about academy yesterday.

baldy

Tamworth are only a league below ffs...it's akin to signing a league 2 player last season when we were in the glory days of league one
Who'd you think Robins should sign then?Aguero?Messi?

Grendel

We have signed non league players as first team regulars when we were in the top flight.

Gazolba

We have signed non league players as first team regulars when we were in the top flight.
True, but I don't think anyone got too excited by it.

Chipfat

The club is not shrewd about business or football. It's reactive the budget will determine the level of player we can bring in. We don't have a plan, FFS we don't even have a scouting depth or a database.

Sadly nothing is by design more through necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread