Danny Philiskirk (1 Viewer)

mark82

First look at him Today. What did everyone think? Thought he got into some good positions at times. Didn't look as threatening after he went off as while he was on. Having said that he probably should have scored in the first half (to be fair their keeper did well to get out to him quickly).

torchomatic

I thought he looked pretty good. Too lightweight for a lone striking role though.

Sutty

Did alright. Some good touches. Looked alone in our attacking players in terms of actually being able to control a football.

Probably did enough to earn a contract.

Nonleagueherewecome

3 good lay-offs, nothing else really. Missed a good chance. Just doesn't look like a forward, more like a midfielder playing up front.

stupot07

He was no more than just ok. A couple of nice touches, but no threat, and didnt look to be the answer as a lone striker. Pressley wants a squad of 24 which will probably mean 4 strikers - i didn't see enough from him to suggest he should occupy one of those 4 places.

mark82

Had the 2 guys behind me who had clearly written him off before he started calling him Philisfuck. Not even a clever play on words. So fucking irritating.

ajsccfc

He did ok. I think we've shown in the last few weeks that we've only got the one forward capable of playing that lone role though.

stupot07

On reasonable wages, yes.

It's not just about wages though, SP wants a squad of 24 (not 34). There are probably 4 striking berths - Clarke, Wilson and 2 more. I think there's only room for one novice striker in that 4.

Sutty

It's not just about wages though, SP wants a squad of 24 (not 34). There are probably 4 striking berths - Clarke, Wilson and 2 more. I think there's only room for one novice striker in that 4.

Though Philliskirk has played as a number 10 and central midfielder for the U21s.

Versatility is an important trait with a small squad.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thought he was pretty poor, thought the team performance was fairly good. Think we would have scored a couple of goals with a proper forward like Clarke

Mucca Mad Boys

Worthy of a one year deal to prove himself, that is all.

Looked ok, but seems to lack goalscoring instinct, he should've scored today.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I thought he did quite well for his first start. Some good movement and has potential to improve. As someone else has suggested, on yesterday's game alone I'd consider him over McDonald as he looked fitter and controlled the ball better imo

Users who are viewing this thread